Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AV week to week, out for Bucs

csmopar

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Mack and Campbell are playing. Reich said Mack will not be on a pitch count but expects all four backs to be active. Time for Campbell to show what he is made of. I hope  we make him a focus of the offense these last four games.

I’ll settle for him staying healthy these last four games.

43 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Last hurrah vs the Panthers and Jaguars for AV, FG #600 then, I am calling it now. :) 

Sure seems like that’s a possibility.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Chase kicks really well, and then Vinny is ready to go for the last game or two. Will be even more interesting if Colts are still in playoff hunt. 

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

Sure seems like that’s a possibility.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Chase kicks really well, and then Vinny is ready to go for the last game or two. Will be even more interesting if Colts are still in playoff hunt. 

I just have a gut feeling that if Vinny can kick, both Frank and Irsay would want him to get that 600th FG. 

5 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Putting a personal milestone over what’s best for the team is a bad path to go down. 

I meant that if AV is healthy enough to kick, even if Chase is kicking well, the job will be given back to AV after a couple of games, just like Robbie Gould's job was given back to him though Chase kicked well enough for the 49ers, thus allowing the 600th FG to happen along the way.

19 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He has so many records.  Does it really matter if he gets to 600?   Good grief.

Serena has 23 Grand Slams and owns several records but she wants her 24th and more. That is what keeps champions like them going. Brady didn't stop when he got to the most number of SBs at 5, he wanted a 6th, that is what those guys play for. Beyond a point, records do not mean much but moving the goal posts keeps them going. I could go on and on but you get the point. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Serena has 23 Grand Slams and owns several records but she wants her 24th and more. That is what keeps champions like them going. Brady didn't stop when he got to the most number of SBs at 5, he wanted a 6th, that is what those guys play for. Beyond a point, records do not mean much but moving the goal posts keeps them going. I could go on and on but you get the point. 

Except Serena is in an individual sport and if she bombs out it only hurts herself. Brady going for a 6th is a team goal/accomplishment, not really an individual stat. 

Trying to get AV to 600 could be to the detriment of the team. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Except Serena is in an individual sport and if she bombs out it only hurts herself. Brady going for a 6th is a team goal/accomplishment, not really an individual stat. 

Trying to get AV to 600 could be to the detriment of the team. 

The detriment to the team happened when Luck retired.   This team had zero chance of playoff success.    Might as well let him get hits 600 and move on.   

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

I just have a gut feeling that if Vinny can kick, both Frank and Irsay would want him to get that 600th FG. 

Have him kick #600 (tho it may take 4 games, haha), then have him “pull A muscle” and put the “kid” in.

I knew it was bad when i heard people saying “pull a Vinny” in normal conversation. It reached pop culture status.

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

If it doesn't hurt the team, let him get his 600 and then pass the baton to Chase....

Just pass the baton and be done with it.  They have coddled him long enough.  They keep letting him embarrass himself.  Talk about feeding his big ego.  What a way to go out.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Just pass the baton and be done with it.  They have coddled him long enough.  They keep letting him embarrass himself.  Talk about feeding his big ego.  What a way to go out.  

Not sure where Vinny touched you at, but HE doesn’t decide when and if he plays. The coaches and organization do. So if Vinny does kick one more time, it’s because THEY wanted him to get that 600. 

It was like back in 09 when we COULD have had a perfect season and Irsay pulled the plug on it to avoid injuries. Clark and Wayne played long enough with Peyton to get them both 100 catches on the season. After that they were all pulled. Had nothing to do with them saying “my ego is so big that I HAVE to get this 100th catch.” 

You sir really need to pump the hate brakes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Not sure where Vinny touched you at, but HE doesn’t decide when and if he plays. The coaches and organization do. So if Vinny does kick one more time, it’s because THEY wanted him to get that 600. 

It was like back in 09 when we COULD have had a perfect season and Irsay pulled the plug on it to avoid injuries. Clark and Wayne played long enough with Peyton to get them both 100 catches on the season. After that they were all pulled. Had nothing to do with them saying “my ego is so big that I HAVE to get this 100th catch.” 

You sir really need to pump the hate brakes. 

Well said!! I thought about Clark getting his 100th catch then too. If he plays and if he kicks, then they obviously believe, at that point, that he is going to help the team more than hurt.