Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams in Need of a QB

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They should of did what Miami did. You trade away your best players and get draft picks. They have the number one pick but that’s it. If they would of traded some of their best players they might have additional first or second round picks. I don’t know though if the bengals have the players Miami has though that could of got them some number one picks. 

Only if those players are getting up there in age...like over 30. 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:57 AM, richard pallo said:

Now that Rap sheet has reported that the Panthers will be listening to offers for Cam I can see Ballard being very interested.  He was building his team around Luck and he left us.  Cam would be the replacement that is very similar to Luck.  With a new coach I can see the Panthers rebuilding.  With Newton and our OL I could see the Colts getting back on track quickly and our 1st should get him to the Colts.  It's an option that I wouldn't have thought would be there but now that it's been reported it's probably one that should be evaluated when we see where we will be drafting. 

You are kidding right?  Talk about a cancer in the locker room, talk about an all about me guy?  If Cam Newton becomes our new QB, I will never watch another down of Colt's football, not that it matters to anyone else.

21 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

They'll be alot of teams offering the house for Burrows, and we don't have much to give them..We may still have a chance for Love or Fromm.

Cinci isn't going to pass up or trade Burrow. The only way they don't end up with Burrow is if somehow they lose their hold on the first pick. The only teams that can possibly end up in first are NYG (only one game better, and worse SOS which is the tie breaker), and MIA/WSH/DET/AZ who are all long shots (they are two games away, and Cinci plays NE this week). Don't bank on Cinci trying to win any of their games (NE, @MIA, CLE), except maybe vs Cleveland at home once they have locked up 1st place in the draft.

Fromm won't go in the 1st, and we don't want him either... 

Tua, Love, Herbert, and Eason are all in play for us, and we have the draft capital to move up if we wanted.

I look at a QB like Burrow and say he will go #1, he will be possibly good but he is nowhere near what Andrew Luck was coming out in 2012. Don't throw stats at me, the eye test is obvious here to me. Until I see a QB that can take a 2-14 team to 11-5 they will not be like Andrew. Like with Lawrence, stats may measure up but he isn't Andrew either, that is my opinion just by watching these guys play.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I look at a QB like Burrow and say he will go #1, he will be possibly good but he is nowhere near what Andrew Luck was coming out in 2012. Don't throw stats at me, the eye test is obvious here to me. Until I see a QB that can take a 2-14 team to 11-5 they will not be like Andrew. Like with Lawrence, stats may measure up but he isn't Andrew either, that is my opinion just by watching these guys play.

For you to say eye test, you'd have to watch them all play college football and weight that, because that's all they have in common. 

And you can't assume none could improve a NFL record from the previous year without giving them the opportunity to do so. 

It's like saying a caterpillar doesn't pass the eye test vs the butterfly when it comes to flying.... . 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

For you to say eye test, you'd have to watch them all play college football and weight that, because that's all they have in common. 

And you can't assume none could improve a NFL record from the previous year without giving them the opportunity to do so. 

It's like saying a caterpillar doesn't pass the eye test vs the butterfly when it comes to flying.... . 

I have seen like 6 LSU games this year, no youtube but live. They are always on, Luck just looked better to me eventhough I think LSU will win it all. I am just not sold on Burrow being the pro Luck was.

1 hour ago, J@son said:

And imo that was a mistake.  There's no such thing as the "right way" to tank :P

I think Miami did it close to perfect.    Fitzpatrick was their only screw up.   He was young, still early on his rookie contract and was stolen by Pit for only their 1st round pick.   Not much chance that they could of had equivalent talent in the 2020 draft.   Currently they are at 22.

Tunsil was a decent trade.   They got two 1st rounders and a 2nd round pick.  Tanking for a rebuild is not a bad idea.  Miami has three 1st round picks and multiple 2nd round picks.  Not a bad position for a team that has been mediocre to poor for many years.   Them and the Raiders are like buy now stocks.  

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think Miami did it close to perfect.    Fitzpatrick was their only screw up.   He was young, still early on his rookie contract and was stolen by Pit for only their 1st round pick.   Not much chance that they could of had equivalent talent in the 2020 draft.   Currently they are at 22.

Tunsil was a decent trade.   They got two 1st rounders and a 2nd round pick.  Tanking for a rebuild is not a bad idea.  Miami has three 1st round picks and multiple 2nd round picks.  Not a bad position for a team that has been mediocre to poor for many years.   Them and the Raiders are like buy now stocks.  

I could be wrong but I think Fitzpatrick asked for a trade when it was clear Miami was tanking.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I could be wrong but I think Fitzpatrick asked for a trade when it was clear Miami was tanking.

That may be right.  I just think they could have gotten more for him.   I wish the Colts would have given their 1st rounder and maybe their 3rd round pick.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

That may be right.  I just think they could have gotten more for him.   I wish the Colts would have given their 1st rounder and maybe their 3rd round pick.

But then we wouldn’t be in position to get a QB. You can’t do that when the QB position was so unsettled.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

But then we wouldn’t be in position to get a QB. You can’t do that when the QB position was so unsettled.

But at the time of the trade, the team was winning and it looked like Brissett could be decent.   If they didn't make an offer because they knew the QB spot was unsettled, it would be horrible to have Brissett starting next season too.  I just think Fitzpatrick could have taken this defense to the next level.   He did it in Pit.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

But at the time of the trade, the team was winning and it looked like Brissett could be decent.   If they didn't make an offer because they knew the QB spot was unsettled, it would be horrible to have Brissett starting next season too.  I just think Fitzpatrick could have taken this defense to the next level.   He did it in Pit.

Brissett will be the Colts' secret weapon next year when they Tank for Trevor

On 12/9/2019 at 5:17 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Cinci didn’t tank the right way. I could see them trading that number one pick and get more picks and stick with dalton for another year. They could then go after a QB next year. But it would take giving up a lot of future picks to move up.

What makes you believe the Bengals will trade away the pick and "stick with Dalton"? Serious question, as I would like to better understand where you are coming from. 

The Bengals have already benched Dalton so that they can see what they have in Finley. Benching Dalton and then benching Finley indicate that they are ready to move on from current QBs. In addition, they have a new offense-minded head coach and the opportunity to draft a stud QB from their state. I dont see how you "see them trading that number one pick". Please explain.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

What makes you believe the Bengals will trade away the pick and "stick with Dalton"? Serious question, as I would like to better understand where you are coming from. 

The Bengals have already benched Dalton so that they can see what they have in Finley. Benching Dalton and then benching Finley indicate that they are ready to move on from current QBs. In addition, they have a new offense-minded head coach and the opportunity to draft a stud QB from their state. I dont see how you "see them trading that number one pick". Please explain.

I never said they would. I said it might be the smart thing to do so they get more picks. 

On 12/12/2019 at 11:44 PM, ojsglove said:

You are kidding right?  Talk about a cancer in the locker room, talk about an all about me guy?  If Cam Newton becomes our new QB, I will never watch another down of Colt's football, not that it matters to anyone else.

I don't know that he's a locker room cancer.  But I don't like the idea and I don't think Ballard would do it.

How often does taking a QB that used to play well but his play went downhill work out for a team?  In general cast-off QB's don't work out for a team.  Only time I can think of that it worked was Peyton Manning.  But the reason for that was not lower quality play but a combination of having the #1 overall pick with Andrew Luck coming out, injury, and age.  

The other thing is I just flat out question Cam's committment.  He made a business decision in the middle of the super bowl.  

Archived