Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Injury report-Mack and Campbell full

Recommended Posts

Looks like we will get both back Sunday. With all the WR injuries I am excited to watch Campbell the last four games and see what he does. He should get lots of opportunities.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Losing Mack really hurt our offense. Teams don't respect Brissett enough to not get after him and put the game in his hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Losing Mack really hurt our offense. Teams don't respect Brissett enough to not get after him and put the game in his hands.

I think we missed his  blocking more then rushing yards last week. Nobody could pick up the blitz. Tampa is number one in run defense so they go all in on stopping the run. If Mack plays hopefully he can pass block ok. Not worried about him running with the hand but pass blocking might be a issue. We will probably have to pass a lot. They also have the league ask leader. This could be bad. I think with Campbell though it might help get the ball out quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we missed his  blocking more then rushing yards last week. Nobody could pick up the blitz. Tampa is number one in run defense so they go all in on stopping the run. If Mack plays hopefully he can pass block ok. Not worried about him running with the hand but pass blocking might be a issue. We will probably have to pass a lot. They also have the league ask leader. This could be bad. I think with Campbell though it might help get the ball out quicker.

 

That's a misconception. Their pass defense is the worst in the league so teams just don't run on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

That's a misconception. Their pass defense is the worst in the league so teams just don't run on them

You might be right. That is what I was thinking also awhile ago when I looked up stats.  We will try to run and are good at it so we will find out which is true. I’d we can run and their secondary is that bad we should have a good day. Not sure we can score enough to keep up with them though.  If we blitz a lot with Leonard Winston might have a bad day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I trust they know what they are doing.  However, at this point, i worry about them doing further damage when the season is basically over.  The hands are pretty important tools for these positions.   These are two young guys who are expected to be pillars of our future offense.  I guess it surprises me how quickly these guys heal.

  While i’d love to see them on the field, i wonder if Mack, campbell, and Hilton for that matter shouldnt shut it down for the year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see Mack hit that 1k yards this season. They both have padding in their gloves. If this was a muscle injury or a leg I would worry about doing further damage. I don’t worry to much with a hand. For Campbell I think it’s important to get as much experience as he can. Especially when he should have a huge opportunity here with all the WR injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also looking forward to seeing our new kicker play this week and hopefully WR Chad Williams ,who is a former 3rd rd pick, will get his chance to play for us.  I think he is a guy who could be a nice addition to the team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'm also looking forward to seeing our new kicker play this week and hopefully WR Chad Williams ,who is a former 3rd rd pick, will get his chance to play for us.  I think he is a guy who could be a nice addition to the team.  

What?!  What?!  Optimism?

I like and agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like we will get both back Sunday. With all the WR injuries I am excited to watch Campbell the last four games and see what he does. He should get lots of opportunities.

 

 

Finally...a little bit of good news on the injury front.
 

 It’s a shame that Colts fans were deprived of seeing this team at full strength for virtually all of this season.  One of our more talented rosters top to bottom (allegedly) and we never really got to see what it looked like at close to full strength.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

That report says Campbell had an injured hand..... I thought it was his stomach?

He ended up with a hernia after the Oakland game. Had surgery missed a few games. Came back the Steelers game and had 80 yards from the Line of scrimmage and broke a bone in his hand in the fourth quarter of that game. Poor kid has had terrible luck this year. Hopefully he finishes strong and healthy.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They also have the league ask leader. 

Great!

I hate people who never stop with the questions........

Figure it out for yourself, buddy.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

That's a misconception. Their pass defense is the worst in the league so teams just don't run on them

Brissett isn't the type of QB who can take advantage of that pass defense though. I think we'll see a nice game from Mack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like we will get both back Sunday. With all the WR injuries I am excited to watch Campbell the last four games and see what he does. He should get lots of opportunities.

 

 

In Mack's case I just hope that hand is healed and he isn't returning too soon and reinjures it and ends up missing the final 3 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...