Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Finding the Franchise

BleedBlue4Shoe86

23 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So I wanted to lay this out for the forum in regards to drafting a QB and moving forward from Brissett. I think we can all agree that Brissett is not elite but he could be a very good starter in the NFL. I know we argue that trying to find the next franchise QB is very difficult so should we not try. I am a known Brissett fan but that aside, look at some the teams trying to find their next great quarterback and how long it can take to even find one that could go to the playoffs. 

Below is the team and their last great quarterback (in parentheses next to the last great QB is the year they retired. The next number is the year the next somewhat okay QB was drafted or acquired)

49ers- Young (99)- Garcia (99)- Garapollo(17)

Broncos- Elway (98)- Manning(12)- still looking

Redskins-Theismann (85)- RG3(12)- still looking

Bears-McMahon (88)- Grossman(03)- Trubisky(17)

Browns-Kosar (93)- Mayfield(18)

Steelers-Bradshaw (83)- O’Donnell(90)- Roethlisberger(04)

Cowboys-Aikmen (00)- Romo (03)- Prescott(16)

Giants-Simms (93)- Manning(04)- Jones(19)

Buffalo-Kelly (96)- Bledsoe(02)- Allen(18)

Miami-Marino (99)- Tannehill(12)- still looking

Tennessee-McNair (05)- Young (06)- Mariota(15)- still looking

Also just look at the list of QB drafted that were bust recently

Ponder, Locker,Manuel, Russell, Losman, Couch, Manziel, Quinn, Boller, Leftwich, Leinart, Beck, Frye, Harrington, Kizer, Rosen, Mariota, Winston, Lynch

This is all to saw, we as Colts fan were blessed to go from Manning to Luck but that very rarely happens. We might want to consider we have a good QB and could have a great team around him. We are currently 19th in offense (with a huge lack of player makers on offense) and 13th in defense. If we aren’t careful, we could end up in the QB wasteland. 

Just saying. 

I noticed that many of those teams stayed with Brissett level QB's for way too many years.

Leftwhich

Harrington

Mariota

Winston

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I noticed that many of those teams stayed with Brissett level QB's for way too many years.

Leftwhich

Harrington

Mariota

Winston

None of those QB's had a GM like Ballard either. If Ballard is a top 5 GM in the league which many think so then he can build a good team around any average QB and we should have a shot of winning it all. Honestly I would take JB over any of the QB's you just named as well.

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

Leftwhich

Harrington

Mariota

Winston

This is true.  I think its important to note that each one of those were first round picks, if not high first round picks where the team traded up.

Does anybody think that either the Falcons or Lions are getting tired enough of their QBs that simply one second round pick would do it, including us taking on their contract?

How would Ryan or Stafford perform with our oline and running game?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Does anybody think that either the Falcons or Lions are getting tired enough of their QBs that simply one second round pick would do it, including us taking on their contract?

Matt Ryan is still only 34, I would take him for 3 years easily considering we do have a great O.Line to protect him. We still need another WR that is a deep threat though no matter who we get if we don't stick with JB.

57 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So you picked a fight about something I said that you now find out you agree with.  Thanks for your helpful contribution.

No Mr. Obvious, I found your statement that 'QBs tend to get injured when they have contact.' somewhat humorous. Pretty obvious that that is how they tend to get hurt.

16 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Tannehill lately worries me more than the Stache though lol... But yes, Minshew gives them a punchers chance to flip the field. IMO Foles might have got the hook too early, on top of being in a system, or with a group of guys, that just don't play to his strengths. 

Foles didnt get a fair shake imho. If we could trade for him i would. I think he can be elite in the right system but he is starting the back half of his career. Would have to be a win now situation. Him and Frank have the chemistry.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Im in that boat with you draft a mid round sleeper QB to develop with kelly. And trade for a QB capable of playing elite behind our line. Foles, Stafford, Rivers. Someone to transition to the next.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Im in that boat with you draft a mid round sleeper QB to develop with kelly. And trade for a QB capable of playing elite behind our line. Foles, Stafford, Rivers. Someone to transition to the next.

Big no to foles and rivers.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:33 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So I wanted to lay this out for the forum in regards to drafting a QB and moving forward from Brissett. I think we can all agree that Brissett is not elite but he could be a very good starter in the NFL. I know we argue that trying to find the next franchise QB is very difficult so should we not try. I am a known Brissett fan but that aside, look at some the teams trying to find their next great quarterback and how long it can take to even find one that could go to the playoffs. 

Below is the team and their last great quarterback (in parentheses next to the last great QB is the year they retired. The next number is the year the next somewhat okay QB was drafted or acquired)

49ers- Young (99)- Garcia (99)- Garapollo(17)

Broncos- Elway (98)- Manning(12)- still looking

Redskins-Theismann (85)- RG3(12)- still looking

Bears-McMahon (88)- Grossman(03)- Trubisky(17)

Browns-Kosar (93)- Mayfield(18)

Steelers-Bradshaw (83)- O’Donnell(90)- Roethlisberger(04)

Cowboys-Aikmen (00)- Romo (03)- Prescott(16)

Giants-Simms (93)- Manning(04)- Jones(19)

Buffalo-Kelly (96)- Bledsoe(02)- Allen(18)

Miami-Marino (99)- Tannehill(12)- still looking

Tennessee-McNair (05)- Young (06)- Mariota(15)- still looking

Also just look at the list of QB drafted that were bust recently

Ponder, Locker,Manuel, Russell, Losman, Couch, Manziel, Quinn, Boller, Leftwich, Leinart, Beck, Frye, Harrington, Kizer, Rosen, Mariota, Winston, Lynch

This is all to saw, we as Colts fan were blessed to go from Manning to Luck but that very rarely happens. We might want to consider we have a good QB and could have a great team around him. We are currently 19th in offense (with a huge lack of player makers on offense) and 13th in defense. If we aren’t careful, we could end up in the QB wasteland. 

Just saying. 

We're actually fortunate that we have JB under a decently cheap deal. We could draft a Jordan Love and if he turns out to be the next Kizer, we have a mediocre backup plan to keep us afloat. Although if Ballard doesn't hit on a good QB this year, I wouldn't be against trying again in 2021 since that draft is supposed to be even more QB heavy.

9 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Foles is done. Rivers is not leaving the Chargers unless he retires (he has nine kids and commutes from San Diego every day, he's not packing up and coming here). The Lions would be stupid to get rid of Stafford but if they did I would love to have him. I am convinced he would solve our troubles at QB very easily. He's a veteran, he's smart, he has possibly the strongest arm in the league, and he's tough as nails injury-wise. With a better WR corp Stafford could win us a lot of games.

We would have to trade for Stafford though and I would expect the Lions to want at least a second for him. If we were to finish worse than the Lions, it would be awesome if we could give them the Skins second and move back to their spot in the first in exchange for Stafford; but that isn't going to happen.

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'd trade our Skins second for Ryan or Stafford. Neither are future HOF, but they are absolutely good enough to win Super Bowls with a better WR corp from us and our OL, D, and RBs. I'd prefer Stafford because he has a stronger arm and is less injury prone, but I'd take Ryan too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The Raiders will have 2 first round picks, (Mack trade with Chicago) and I am hearing rumblings that they may move on from Derek Carr. They really like Carr, but are not in love with Carr and if there's a QB that they like better in the draft....

I think D. Carr would be a good option, if he becomes available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

The Raiders will have 2 first round picks, (Mack trade with Chicago) and I am hearing rumblings that they may move on from Derek Carr. They really like Carr, but are not in love with Carr and if there's a QB that they like better in the draft....

Personally I think Carr is way too Jekyl and Hyde, but I don't extensively watch the Raiders. It just seems to me like sometimes he plays well and other times he plays poorly, like JB. I do think he would work well in our locker room though, seems like a good guy and a good leader.

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

Does OAK/Gruden run a down field verticle game with Carr?  I'm thinking he gets into trouble when trying to do too much (like a lot of QBs).

Maybe placed into a a more Reich based ball control passing offense with the occasional down field hit would work well?

2 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

I'd trade our Skins second for Ryan or Stafford. Neither are future HOF, but they are absolutely good enough to win Super Bowls with a better WR corp from us and our OL, D, and RBs. I'd prefer Stafford because he has a stronger arm and is less injury prone, but I'd take Ryan too.

Doubt that just one pick would be enough, but if we're talking about trading picks to move up to get a college QB, getting a not-too-old vet would allow us time to draft a developmental guy.

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The injury excuse every single year is a faux narrative in most cases. The graphic I posted that compared all teams was pretty clear. Sure we are beat up, but so is everyone else at this stage of the season. WR was hit hard, but let's not act it's the cause of our passing game woes. We were pretty anemic earlier in the year with a better group than Luck had last year that was ranked 6th. 

I do think we need to draft WR, but I'd say it's probably 3rd or 4th on my list. And that's more than fine given our 4th pick is in the 3rd round, and this WR class is really deep. My priorities are 1. QB, then a tie for 2 with DL and OL, and 4th a WR. We could go one of 3 directions on DL, and also 3 directions on OL. I could see us drafting our future LT and and moving Smith inside, drafting a RT and move Smith inside, or keep Smith at RT and draft a RG. The earlier we grab an OL will match what we end up doing in those 3 scenarios IMO. 

On WR, they really need to define a clear strategy around X, Z, and slot before drafting one. And they really need to decide on QB type before they determine WR strategy. If they do keep JB as starter, I definitely wouldn't waste a high pick on a dynamic WR. I'd get a good big bodied possession type. A deep threat or seam WR will be pretty much a waste. 

If they get a competent well rounded QB, I think TY will be fine at either Z or slot for another few years, Campbell could do both Z and slot as well and be good. Fountain could be a decent depth guy at X, Z, or slot. Funchess, if kept will be a good bully slot and limited X. Pascal is decent depth, will likely be a bit better at standard X than Funch, but worse as possession X and slot bully. All that said, I'd look for a good well rounded polished X with some speed in the draft, and that can be found in the late 2nd or 3rd. We've got several options already at Z and slot. 

That is thing, you used the injury excuse for KC and Houston (game 1) is to why we won so why would you have a problem as a Colts fan using an injury excuse for losing last week?  It was obvious, we were short handed without TY, Ebron, and Mack. At least when we played KC, Mahomes did play and so did Kelce. Houston had Watson, Hopkins, and Watt. You seem to judge the Colts a little different when it comes to the injury excuse and never give JB the benefit of the doubt. It is obvious as I have got several private messages from some saying so after we have chatted as well a few times. Some even wonder if you are a Colts fan, just letting you know. Regarding who messages me I promised I would not name names. I never do anyway and they know that. 

4 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Foles didnt get a fair shake imho. If we could trade for him i would. I think he can be elite in the right system but he is starting the back half of his career. Would have to be a win now situation. Him and Frank have the chemistry.

While I agree he got a bit of a raw deal, and agree he probably works well with FR, I think he's a bit of fool's gold built on one rare year. He'd be an upgrade over JB for sure in FR's system, but I'd rather go young and get a guy to grow long term with. 

To get this back on track. The more I read and hear from so called experts. It would not be shocking that Ballard just continues to build around JB and draft a QB in like round 3-4. You hear Florio say that the Colts are happy and moving forward with JB. Then you see these colts.com post these stats about the offense and JB particularly. 

Colts Offense

Fourth in the NFL and second in the AFC in rushing yards (139 per game)

Tied for 10th in the NFL in fewest sacks allowed (24)

Ninth in the NFL in sack percentage allowed (6.14)

Fifth in the NFL in first downs per game (22.2)

Ninth in the NFL in third down conversion percentage (44.23)

Third in the NFL in 3rd-and-short [less than four yards] conversion percentage (72.9)

Fifth in the NFL in 3rd-and-10-plus conversion percentage (26.7)

Seventh in the NFL in fourth down conversion percentage (62.5)

Tied for fifth in the NFL in fourth downs converted (10)

Tied for eighth in the NFL in red zone touchdown scoring percentage (63.64)

Seventh in the NFL in average time of possession (31:26)

Tied for third in the NFL in touchdowns off 10-play drives (13)

Tied for fourth in the NFL in 10-play drives (26)

Second in the NFL in average number of plays on scoring drives (9.00)

Tied for third in the NFL in red zone touchdowns (28)

Tied for third in the NFL in players recording three or more receiving touchdowns (4)

10th in the NFL in PFF offensive rating (75.8)

10th in the NFL in PFF pass blocking rating (74.4)

Second in the NFL in PFF run blocking rating (82.6)

Quarterback Jacoby Brissett

Eighth in the AFC in completion percentage (64.3)

Tied for sixth in the AFC in passing touchdowns (16)

Fifth in the AFC in touchdown percentage (4.9)

Tied for sixth in the AFC in fewest interceptions (6)

Sixth in the AFC in interception percentage (1.8)

Sixth in the AFC in passer rating (93.2)

Sixth in the AFC in third down passer rating (88.7)

Tied for first in the NFL in third-and-one rushing conversion percentage (100)

Tied for fifth in the NFL in rushing touchdowns among quarterbacks (3)

Tied for sixth in the NFL in red zone passing touchdowns (14)

Tied for sixth in the NFL in passing touchdowns within 10-yard line (10)

10th in the NFL among qualified quarterbacks in fumbling grade (62.6)

Seventh in the NFL in undesigned QB scrambles (25)*

Eighth in the NFL in adjusted completion percentage (76.3)*

Tied for fourth in the NFL in fewest interceptions under pressure (1)*

Third in the NFL in completion percentage in clean pocket (75.0)*

Tied for 10th in the NFL in fewest interceptions in clean pocket (5)*

Third in the NFL in adjusted completion percentage in clean pocket (83.0)*

10th in the NFL in passer rating in clean pocket (107.5)*

Fifth in the NFL in play action completion percentage difference (7.0)*

Tied for fourth in the NFL in play action passing touchdowns (7)*

Tied for seventh in the NFL in fewest play action interceptions (1)*

Ninth in the NFL in play action completion percentage (69.3)*

Eighth in the NFL in play action passer rating (110.5)*

Tied for eighth in the NFL in fewest non-play action interceptions (5)*

Third in the NFL in average time in pocket (3.01 seconds)*

Fifth in the NFL in average time to run/scramble (5.61 seconds)*

First in the NFL in fewest percentage of dropbacks with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (36.7)*

Tied for sixth in the NFL in completion percentage with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (75.0)*

Ninth in the NFL in passer rating with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (102.9)*

First in the NFL in dropbacks with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (63.3)*

10th in the NFL in completion percentage with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (58.2)*

Tied for seventh in the NFL in fewest interceptions with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (3)*

Florio is a *. He has no inside info. What he said was stupid.  If   their guy is there they will take him. They will not reach for a QB though. I do not see them taking a QB that late. What would be the purpose. They still have Kelly if they want a young backup. I doubt they take that big of a risk hoping a 3rd or 4thtd QB becomes the franchise.

The biggest thing with JB is he is not playing well in the 4th quarter. His passer rating is really good the first half of games. In the fourth quarter in falls off the cliff. Some of that is lack of playmakers but if your doing it in the first 2 quarters with the same guys you should be able to i the fourth. When coaches figure him out he isn’t good when he has to make his own plays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is thing, you used the injury excuse for KC and Houston (game 1) is to why we won so why would you have a problem as a Colts fan using an injury excuse for losing last week?  It was obvious, we were short handed without TY, Ebron, and Mack. At least when we played KC, Mahomes did play and so did Kelce. Houston had Watson, Hopkins, and Watt. You seem to judge the Colts a little different when it comes to the injury excuse and never give JB the benefit of the doubt. It is obvious as I have got several private messages from some saying so after we have chatted as well a few times. Some even wonder if you are a Colts fan, just letting you know. Regarding who messages me I promised I would not name names. I never do anyway and they know that. 

Simple reason. KC was missing the things that gave them their strength and identity. We were/are missing things that we didn't use well or often when healthy, and continue not to utilize them even when they are open. 

If a baseball team is known for having bad pitching, but great bats, does it matter if their pitcher is out? Or is it worse if their #1 hitter is out?

And LOL at the other stuff. I'm sure I can guess who the pearl clutcher (s) is (are). One in particular is stalkerish via unsolicited PMs. I could care less what they or others think, especially if it's the one or ones I suspect. Questioning my fandom is pretty darn funny though. I'm not a fan because I disagree with certain narratives... sure... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Simple reason. KC was missing the things that gave them their strength and identity. We were/are missing things that we didn't use well or often when healthy, and continue not to utilize them even when they are open. 

If a baseball team is known for having bad pitching, but great bats, does it matter if their pitcher is out? Or is it worse if their #1 hitter is out?

And LOL at the other stuff. I'm sure I can guess who the pearl clutcher (s) is (are). One in particular is stalkerish via unsolicited PMs. I could care less what they or others think, especially if it's the one or ones I suspect. Questioning my fandom is pretty darn funny though. I'm not a fan because I disagree with certain narratives... sure... 

just wanted to let you know, I am sure plenty of people think I am full of it too in private lmao . I respect you as a poster and roll with the flow. This forum gets whacky at times.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

To get this back on track. The more I read and hear from so called experts. It would not be shocking that Ballard just continues to build around JB and draft a QB in like round 3-4. You hear Florio say that the Colts are happy and moving forward with JB. Then you see these colts.com post these stats about the offense and JB particularly. 

Colts Offense

Fourth in the NFL and second in the AFC in rushing yards (139 per game)

Tied for 10th in the NFL in fewest sacks allowed (24)

Ninth in the NFL in sack percentage allowed (6.14)

Fifth in the NFL in first downs per game (22.2)

Ninth in the NFL in third down conversion percentage (44.23)

Third in the NFL in 3rd-and-short [less than four yards] conversion percentage (72.9)

Fifth in the NFL in 3rd-and-10-plus conversion percentage (26.7)

Seventh in the NFL in fourth down conversion percentage (62.5)

Tied for fifth in the NFL in fourth downs converted (10)

Tied for eighth in the NFL in red zone touchdown scoring percentage (63.64)

Seventh in the NFL in average time of possession (31:26)

Tied for third in the NFL in touchdowns off 10-play drives (13)

Tied for fourth in the NFL in 10-play drives (26)

Second in the NFL in average number of plays on scoring drives (9.00)

Tied for third in the NFL in red zone touchdowns (28)

Tied for third in the NFL in players recording three or more receiving touchdowns (4)

10th in the NFL in PFF offensive rating (75.8)

10th in the NFL in PFF pass blocking rating (74.4)

Second in the NFL in PFF run blocking rating (82.6)

Quarterback Jacoby Brissett

Eighth in the AFC in completion percentage (64.3)

Tied for sixth in the AFC in passing touchdowns (16)

Fifth in the AFC in touchdown percentage (4.9)

Tied for sixth in the AFC in fewest interceptions (6)

Sixth in the AFC in interception percentage (1.8)

Sixth in the AFC in passer rating (93.2)

Sixth in the AFC in third down passer rating (88.7)

Tied for first in the NFL in third-and-one rushing conversion percentage (100)

Tied for fifth in the NFL in rushing touchdowns among quarterbacks (3)

Tied for sixth in the NFL in red zone passing touchdowns (14)

Tied for sixth in the NFL in passing touchdowns within 10-yard line (10)

10th in the NFL among qualified quarterbacks in fumbling grade (62.6)

Seventh in the NFL in undesigned QB scrambles (25)*

Eighth in the NFL in adjusted completion percentage (76.3)*

Tied for fourth in the NFL in fewest interceptions under pressure (1)*

Third in the NFL in completion percentage in clean pocket (75.0)*

Tied for 10th in the NFL in fewest interceptions in clean pocket (5)*

Third in the NFL in adjusted completion percentage in clean pocket (83.0)*

10th in the NFL in passer rating in clean pocket (107.5)*

Fifth in the NFL in play action completion percentage difference (7.0)*

Tied for fourth in the NFL in play action passing touchdowns (7)*

Tied for seventh in the NFL in fewest play action interceptions (1)*

Ninth in the NFL in play action completion percentage (69.3)*

Eighth in the NFL in play action passer rating (110.5)*

Tied for eighth in the NFL in fewest non-play action interceptions (5)*

Third in the NFL in average time in pocket (3.01 seconds)*

Fifth in the NFL in average time to run/scramble (5.61 seconds)*

First in the NFL in fewest percentage of dropbacks with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (36.7)*

Tied for sixth in the NFL in completion percentage with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (75.0)*

Ninth in the NFL in passer rating with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (102.9)*

First in the NFL in dropbacks with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (63.3)*

10th in the NFL in completion percentage with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (58.2)*

Tied for seventh in the NFL in fewest interceptions with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (3)*

Wonder why these are mostly positive "fringe stats", many are limited to "AFC", and are void of most basic QB and passing stats... I find the time to throw mentions (bolded), spin worth a politician. It's a pretty thorough cherry pick effort though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

just wanted to let you know, I am sure plenty of people think I am full of it too in private lmao . I respect you as a poster and roll with the flow. This forum gets whacky at times.

Thanks. I respect you as well. We disagree, but you are fair. And we both want to win more than anything.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wonder why these are mostly positive "fringe stats", many are limited to "AFC", and are void of most basic QB and passing stats... I find the time to throw mentions (bolded), spin worth a politician. It's a pretty thorough cherry pick effort though.

I mean yeah, let’s be real, those Colts.com stat articles are all about spinning stuff as positively as they can. Not that it’s surprising.

It’s pretty obvious reading through that list which stats are actually impressive and which stats are just, like you said, cherry picked.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I mean yeah, let’s be real, Colts.com is all about spinning it as positively as they can.

I forgot my sarcasm italics or emoji lol...:lol:

I always get a kick out of reading them.

If you ever want to know what they are most unhappy about, just look for the basic things they don't list. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Changing the subject for a minute but Dallas sucks. Garrett needs to be fired now for sure. Joe Buck says TruVisky lmao . 24-7 Bears.

Yup, I know it's on the road, but the Cowboy's roster is truly elite at under-performing. 

Garrett should have be tossed a long time ago. Jerry has been cursed since he got his panties all bunched up and fired Jimmy Johnson.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I forgot my sarcasm italics or emoji lol...:lol:

I always get a kick out of reading them.

If you ever want to know what they are most unhappy about, just look for the basic things they don't list. 

Yeah, I like the interviews and stuff for the most part but the stat articles can be eye rolling.

Not that there aren’t some impressive stats for this team, namely the rushing statistics (especially with how much teams are stacking the box) but yeah.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, I know it's on the road, but the Cowboy's roster is truly elite at under-performing. 

Garrett should have be tossed a long time ago. Jerry has been cursed since he got his panties all bunched up and fired Jimmy Johnson.

When he got rid of Jimmy, that was the biggest bonehead move ever. That Dallas team with Jimmy could've won 5 in a row. 

The biggest thing that concerns me with Jacoby is the fourth quarter. The chargers game and the jags game are the only two games where I think this team played well in the fourth. Good QB have to finish games. Some of that is the lack of playmakers you have limits the playcalling and variety of plays so by the time the 4th quarter comes your figured out. But a lot of that goes on Jacoby.  

14 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I like the interviews and stuff for the most part but the stat articles can be eye rolling.

Not that there aren’t some impressive stats for this team, namely the rushing statistics (especially with how much teams are stacking the box) but yeah.

Same here. Love the interviews and some of the people pieces. The stats stuff, injury updates, and depth chart stuff are pretty bland or simply puff pieces. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When he got rid of Jimmy, that was the biggest bonehead move ever. That Dallas team with Jimmy could've won 5 in a row. 

Yup. Would have been a monster long term like the Pats now. Maybe better.

I think Jerry just values control and bottom kissers more than winning. He desperately wants to win, but can't comprehend giving up control. 

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

25th in passing means zero in assessing a QB that has no weapons.

I would really like for once the best posters in here break down how our WR core ranks? TY = very good/borderline great when healthy but he hasn't played healthy all season and has missed games. Name one other WR or TE we have that is better than average = question to the forum.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would really like for once the best posters in here break down how our WR core ranks? TY = very good/borderline great when healthy but he hasn't played healthy all season and has missed games. Name one other WR or TE we have that is better than average = question to the forum.

I've already kind of done that in a different thread :-)

What CC needs to consider, and what has been discussed ad nauseam, is that our passing game looked bad when healthy, with basically the same group that was number 6 last year. Injuries can for sure be part of the conservation, but so are the comparatives from last year (and regression this year), and also the failure to see open wide in general all year long (regardless of level of talent).

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've already kind of done that in a different thread :-)

What CC needs to consider, and what has been discussed ad nauseam, is that our passing game looked bad when healthy, with basically the same group that was number 6 last year. Injuries can for sure be part of the conservation, but so are the comparatives from last year (and regression this year), and also the failure to see open wide in general all year long (regardless of level of talent).

I think the injuries this year are far worse than last year. Luck is so good that he probably could make Pascal look like TY but not many can.