Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly sued for Assault and Battery

Pacergeek

I think people here should acknowledge that Ballard may ultimately decide Love is not the guy.

Or...

That Love is the guy, but maybe some other team values him more and picks him before Ballard does, no matter the round.

Or....

Love decides to stay in school. 

There are all sorts of reasons or scenarios that may indeed happen between now and next April. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think people here should acknowledge that Ballard may ultimately decide Love is not the guy.

Or...

That Love is the guy, but maybe some other team values him more and picks him before Ballard does, no matter the round.

Or....

There are all sorts of reasons or scenarios that may indeed happen between now and next April. 

I know it is a dream but I hope Luck comes back.

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Or...

Or....

I have considered this option as well .... 

Love is Ballard's fall back/2nd choice and he's not tipping his hand as to who is his first choice.

I want the Colts to select a QB for one reason only....

Because the GM and entire scout staff feel THAT player has IT. 

They will not select a QB....just because a bunch of fans just assume it's a forgone conclusion.

However, should one not be selected, the hysteria around here will be a treat to observe. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Because the GM and entire scout staff feel THAT player has IT. 

4-5 QBs in this class could have IT.  its actually a good year for this.  they wont look like year one andrew luck but there is a lot of potential here 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait for the draft. If we don't draft a QB I can't wait to see how this forum responds lmao . There are so many people that think JB stinks. We may not as maybe Ballard believes in JB and wants to build around him. I have no idea right now what he is thinking. Maybe Luck will come back?  

If we don’t draft a QB that just means that the ones ballard wanted went before us and he isn’t going to reach for a QB.  There is no way they don’t unless Luck comes back and if he does I still think they do because luck would only have 2 years left and I bet that would be the agreement. 

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Still a long shot to see the field perhaps, but the long is getting shorter.

I'd just like to see how he does out of pure curiosity. The memes and gifs would just be delicious gravy on top. More importantly, I want to see if he's worth a spot on the 53 or PS. If not, cut him.

I feel that for sure. I really dont see him seeing the field still. Baring injury to JB and BH. Which honestly, is for the best in the pursuits of the post season. If were out the playoffs... I still think its more worth it to evaluate JB throughout the full season before moving into the offseason.

The bolded is the biggest area of agreement with us here.... At this point- I am just really curious to see what he does against REAL competition at this level... NOT PreSea comp... 

Its getting harder for me to talk smack just because of that curiosity that is creeping in lol. Like you... Im interested to see if hes actually worth the spot on the 53... or if this circus has no purpose...

1 hour ago, CoachSmok3 said:

I feel that for sure. I really dont see him seeing the field still. Baring injury to JB and BH. Which honestly, is for the best in the pursuits of the post season. If were out the playoffs... I still think its more worth it to evaluate JB throughout the full season before moving into the offseason.

The bolded is the biggest area of agreement with us here.... At this point- I am just really curious to see what he does against REAL competition at this level... NOT PreSea comp... 

Its getting harder for me to talk smack just because of that curiosity that is creeping in lol. Like you... Im interested to see if hes actually worth the spot on the 53... or if this circus has no purpose...

If we're out of playoff contention, AND we're getting beat badly in the 2nd half, or up big in the 4Q, there's really no reason not to put Kelly in. You've already seen JB early, and we all know that we don't want to see Hoyer lol. 

I think it's important to evaluate Kelly if we have an opportunity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoachSmok3 said:

Remember, he may have played against other teams 2nd stringers but he was playing with our 2nd stringer also. If he gets in now he will be playing with and against 1st team guys and a damn good Oline which he didn't have in preseason. I am also very curious.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If we're out of playoff contention, AND we're getting beat badly in the 2nd half, or up big in the 4Q, there's really no reason not to put Kelly in. You've already seen JB early, and we all know that we don't want to see Hoyer lol. 

I think the earliest that will happen is IF we lose the next 2 games and we play the Panthers at home.

At 6-8, pretty much, we will be out of contention then. If we are 7-7 then, I do not see it happening. 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think the earliest that will happen is IF we lose the next 2 games and we play the Panthers at home.

At 6-8, pretty much, we will be out of contention then. If we are 7-7 then, I do not see it happening. 

If we lose Sunday, we're more or less out of it. Not totally eliminated, but less than 5%.

34 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I can agree with the bolded for sure!

26 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Remember, he may have played against other teams 2nd stringers but he was playing with our 2nd stringer also. If he gets in now he will be playing with and against 1st team guys and a damn good Oline which he didn't have in preseason. I am also very curious.

To me- this is what would make or break ANY prospects of Swagmatic staying in the blue...

He looked good against PS comp... but as do many PS phenoms that ONLY do it in the PS...

I want to see him with the 1s... If we were at the point that there is nothing really left to lose...

Was he throwing good balls into tight windows because of his arm... or because of the step-slower 2s/3s on the defense... can he still make those throws against STARTING LEVEL D?

Was he able to make moves in the pocket, and show some running ability because he's actually a solid mobile QB... or because the 2s/3s on the DL he was playing against are slower/less aware than the 1s would have been?

He showed me, personally, that he can play the game... but that still doesnt mean that he can compete in this game...

Hence my curiosity lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoachSmok3 said:

I can agree with the bolded for sure!

To me- this is what would make or break ANY prospects of Swagmatic staying in the blue...

He looked good against PS comp... but as do many PS phenoms that ONLY do it in the PS...

I want to see him with the 1s... If we were at the point that there is nothing really left to lose...

Was he throwing good balls into tight windows because of his arm... or because of the step-slower 2s/3s on the defense... can he still make those throws against STARTING LEVEL D?

Was he able to make moves in the pocket, and show some running ability because he's actually a solid mobile QB... or because the 2s/3s on the DL he was playing against are slower/less aware than the 1s would have been?

He showed me, personally, that he can play the game... but that still doesnt mean that he can compete in this game...

Hence my curiosity lol

Watch some of his highlights in college against teams like Bama (which he beat twice, and is the only QB to do that). Bama's D was littered with NFL guys, and he rose to the occasion. Not saying it will translate, but there is no better example than playing vs Bama in most years to show what a QB is made of.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CoachSmok3 said:

At least 60-70% of the Bears' starting D was playing in pre-season game 3, if I am not mistaken, and he did well against them. If not for the Hentges fumble returned for a TD, we may have scored more on them. But yes, 100% of a starting D is definitely a different challenge.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Watch some of his highlights in college against teams like Bama (which he beat twice, and is the only QB to do that). Bama's D was littered with NFL guys, and he rose to the occasion. Not saying it will translate, but there is no better example than playing vs Bama in most years to show what a QB is made of.

My own experiences in the world of football are what make it really hard for me to accept any sort of comp like this... If youll allow me to be "that guy" for a moment to explain...

I was a part of a 4 time repeating 5A state championship IHSAA program... technically only 3 of those... the first one was when I was in 8th grade lol...

But Ill use the last of the 4 peat teams- 2007- as my example...

That team was LOADED with D1 NCAA talent... there were more than 12 players that signed day 1 of national signing day...

I figured that, that team would stack up, and beat, most college teams...

After graduating HS, I went to be an on scholarship coach at a prominent NAIA school in the state...

Day 1 of Spring Training Observations...

This small, NAIA school... would WIPE THE FLOOR with my old HS teams... even if taking just the best players from each year to make 1 team... The NAIA school still wins. No question...

Now thats just NAIA... D2 and D1 schools made my NAIA school look like my old HS teams...

So I get it... Bama is a huge program that gets many players ready to produce at the NFL level...

But there is still a jump up the ladder in comp... 

And college success DOES NOT AT ALL mean that an individual player is a lock to ball out because of what they did at the level below...

TED talk is over... Thank you for listening 

Edit to add clarity... I know you said may not translate not will translate... so please dont think the end of my ted talk is implying you said something you did not lol

3 minutes ago, CoachSmok3 said:

My own experiences in the world of football are what make it really hard for me to accept any sort of comp like this... If youll allow me to be "that guy" for a moment to explain...

I was a part of a 4 time repeating 5A state championship IHSAA program... technically only 3 of those... the first one was when I was in 8th grade lol...

But Ill use the last of the 4 peat teams- 2007- as my example...

That team was LOADED with D1 NCAA talent... there were more than 12 players that signed day 1 of national signing day...

I figured that, that team would stack up, and beat, most college teams...

After graduating HS, I went to be an on scholarship coach at a prominent NAIA school in the state...

Day 1 of Spring Training Observations...

This small, NAIA school... would WIPE THE FLOOR with my old HS teams... even if taking just the best players from each year to make 1 team... The NAIA school still wins. No question...

Now thats just NAIA... D2 and D1 schools made my NAIA school look like my old HS teams...

So I get it... Bama is a huge program that gets many players ready to produce at the NFL level...

But there is still a jump up the ladder in comp... 

And college success DOES NOT AT ALL mean that an individual player is a lock to ball out because of what they did at the level below...

TED talk is over... Thank you for listening 

LOL. I'm not saying college is comp to NFL. What I am saying is if you're trying to gauge his ability to play vs tougher  or elite competition, Bama's D was tops in college for many of those years. I'm not saying his O in college could compete with NFL teams. I'm saying Bama had some of the best talent in college, and for instance, that would translate into increased pressure, tighter windows, etc....

And HS to College really isn't a good comp either. I played for a HS that won state twice while I was there. I had no delusions of them competing against a college team. I might take LSU or OSU over the Bengals this year though lol.

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

LOL. I'm not saying college is comp to NFL. What I am saying is if you're trying to gauge his ability to play vs tougher  or elite competition, Bama's D was tops in college for many of those years. I'm not saying his O in college could compete with NFL teams. I'm saying Bama had some of the best talent in college, and for instance, that would translate into increased pressure, tighter windows, etc....

And HS to College really isn't a good comp either. I played for a HS that won state twice while I was there. I had no delusions of them competing against a college team. I might take LSU or OSU over the Bengals this year though lol.

1st Bold- Very, very fair point. And I for sure will look to watch some of those highlights this evening... Ive purposefully NOT reviewed much of him... just because of all the jock strap swingers that showed up in the PS crowning him then and there as the next great thing... I refused to humor it lol

2nd Bold- You are FAR more rational than I am, my friend!!! lmao... Cause I def thought we could back in the day lol

3rd Bold- Hmm... you know... I might not bet against you on that lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachSmok3 said:

1st Bold- Very, very fair point. And I for sure will look to watch some of those highlights this evening... Ive purposefully NOT reviewed much of him... just because of all the jock strap swingers that showed up in the PS crowning him then and there as the next great thing... I refused to humor it lol

2nd Bold- You are FAR more rational than I am, my friend!!! lmao... Cause I def thought we could back in the day lol

3rd Bold- Hmm... you know... I might not bet against you on that lol

My delusions all ended in grade school lol. My team was undefeated and un scored on all regular season. At the end of the season, we played the top league (based on size, like HS class) champ, and got literally crushed. Think of it as a 1A playing a 5A...  We had 12 total kids on our team, 11 playing both ways, and one kid that didn't want to play..... The team we played had like 35 kids and many had more facial hair in the 8th grade than my father.... It was a fantastic learning opportunity for my ego and I..... 

I watch film on just about every player the comes to our team. I already watch and attend a decent amount of SEC games, so I already had a better than average familiarity with the kid. He absolutely looked on another level in college at times, and looked that way against some of the best teams in CFB. I'm not just an SEC junkie though. ND is my absolute #1, but I follow anyone they play pretty religiously (know thy enemy), watch a lot of Big10 (I graduated from a Big10 school), and by reason of where I live watch and attend a lot of SEC and ACC. I'm just a FB junkie to be honest.

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My delusions all ended in grade school lol. My team was undefeated and un scored on all regular season. At the end of the season, we played the top league (based on size, like HS class) champ, and got literally crushed. Think of it as a 1A playing a 5A...  We had 12 total kids on our team, 11 playing both ways, and one kid that didn't want to play..... The team we played had like 35 kids and many had more facial hair in the 8th grade than my father.... It was a fantastic learning opportunity for my ego and I..... 

I watch film on just about every player the comes to our team. I already watch and attend a decent amount of SEC games, so I already had a better than average familiarity with the kid. He absolutely looked on another level in college at times, and looked that way against some of the best teams in CFB. I'm not just an SEC junkie though. ND is my absolute #1, but I follow anyone they play pretty religiously (know thy enemy), watch a lot of Big10 (I graduated from a Big10 school), and by reason of where I live watch and attend a lot of SEC and ACC. I'm just a FB junkie to be honest.

I laughed way too hard reading your story lol. This needs to be a movie.

... You think the underdogs are going to win, but then they get demolished by the Monstars lol

You are far more knowledgeable than me, that's for sure. I used to be much more on my review game. It's all I did lol. But sadly, now a days... I'm only, and just... A Sunday spectator :( lol

*And I guess Mon, Thur, and at times Sat...

... You know what I mean lol

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CoachSmok3 said:

I laughed way too hard reading your story lol. This needs to be a movie.

... You think the underdogs are going to win, but then they get demolished by the Monstars lol

You are far more knowledgeable than me, that's for sure. I used to be much more on my review game. It's all I did lol. But sadly, now a days... I'm only, and just... A Sunday spectator :( lol

*And I guess Mon, Thur, and at times Sat...

... You know what I mean lol

It was definitely not a good story ending for the underdogs, or a triumphant tale like Rudy, that's for darn sure..... All kids should have a similar experience though lol... It's a welcome to reality moment. 

Finding tape on guys is much much easier that it used to be. I'm definitely no expert though. I'm just someone that prefers stats and film to watching a bunch of brainless TV shows lol.  It's more of something to do around the draft/FA period when there's not football to watch. To me, the more you know, the more interesting the season is. Also the more realistic you are about some guys.

• Like 1