Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly sued for Assault and Battery

Pacergeek

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Just in case it wasnt clear, I was being sarcatic. Definitely not trying to argue politics.

My bad, didn’t understand the context there. I wasn’t referring to politics as much as the fact that problems like those are usually self-inflicted by the people who live in those areas. But I digress

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Saw a graphic that Louisiana, Cali, IL, and NY are the worst states in terms of frivolous litigation. The guy was from Cali.  But yes, every state has losers. 

I'm from and in CA. Just taking (unnecessary) umbrage at the shot at CA, which is something that commonly happens when talking to people from the Midwest or the South. Different strokes. In any event, no hurt feelings on my end.

Although some of you in this thread are Cali hating jerks. And you know who you are. :)

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm from and in CA. Just taking (unnecessary) umbrage at the shot at CA, which is something that commonly happens when talking to people from the Midwest or the South. Different strokes. In any event, no hurt feelings on my end.

Although some of you in this thread are Cali hating jerks. And you know who you are. :)

I wouldn't call myself a Cali hater. Love somethings, don't like some things. I love SD area, and a lot of the wine region. Fish tacos and infused tequila are a weakness of mine and could live happily in SD. I've been all over and had some great times in LA too. Not a fan of SF at all though. There are a lot of things I don't like about Cali, but have a bunch of buds from there and would pop out there more often if it was closer.

I'm an equal opportunity offender when it comes to states. I can talk some great smack about the state I currently live in.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I have the diSTINKed dishonor of having thrown up.... I mean grown up in NJ just a couple miles outside Newark.... and then spent most of my adult life in the Lancaster/Palmdale area of SoCal.

All 3 cities are noted and ranked in this article on the “100 Most Miserable Cities in America”

Sewerk ranked #5 on the list and Bloodcaster and Cripdale came in at #42 & #50 respectively.

HOWEVER!!.... hanging the championship banner at #1 is none other than stinking, festering Gary, Indiana :td:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-new-jersey-well-represented-on-list-of-miserable-us-cities

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

HOWEVER!!.... hanging the championship banner at #1 is none other than stinking, festering Gary, Indiana

Drove through there on a detour last year and hadn't been there in years and years.  It's like a ghost town.

Location is amazing.  I hope they are able to make a comeback.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If he ever did become of starter, you have to admit, the memes and gifs would be golden lol.

so much material.

No argument from me at all lol!

Id even admit I was wrong In doubting hed ever see the field... and for talking a decent amount of smack about him lol... And itd be worth it...

... Cause yea- the memes and gifs would be the types to keep on giving for far too long lmao!

Edit: typo that i couldnt let be

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 3:38 PM, Four2itus said:

Northern Cali should be it's own state. 

The Modoc National Forest is freaking breathtaking. 

Northern California would like to separated from the south. however, the politicians will never let it happen because northern Cali pays all or most of the bills the south runs up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

what we have here is  a failure to communicate between the qb and wrs, could kelly fix this?

Kelly can do what JB has proven he can't do. Be an NFL QB. Most recievers can catch a football thrown in their general position. JB cannot or will not throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open or the defender has fallen down. And has no touch while trying to do what most of the QB's in the league can do.

9 hours ago, CoachSmok3 said:

No argument from me at all lol!

Id even admit I was wrong In doubting hed ever see the field... and for talking a decent amount of smack about him lol... And itd be worth it...

... Cause yea- the memes and gifs would be the types to keep on giving for far too long lmao!

Edit: typo that i couldnt let be

Still a long shot to see the field perhaps, but the long is getting shorter.

I'd just like to see how he does out of pure curiosity. The memes and gifs would just be delicious gravy on top. More importantly, I want to see if he's worth a spot on the 53 or PS. If not, cut him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Still a long shot to see the field perhaps, but the long is getting shorter.

I'd just like to see how he does out of pure curiosity. The memes and gifs would just be delicious gravy on top. More importantly, I want to see if he's worth a spot on the 53 or PS. If not, cut him.

Posted this in Chad Kelly time. Agree with you.

Why are so many so against the Colts giving CK a chance to see how he can perform with the #1s. He looked very good in preseason. Are some afraid he could perform well? If we are out of the playoff I would think the Colts brass would like to see what they have with him. We know what we have with JB and Hoyer. This off season is huge for the franchise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Why are so many so against the Colts giving CK a chance to see how he can perform with the #1s. He looked very good in preseason. Are some afraid he could perform well? If we are out of the playoff I would think the Colts brass would like to see what they have with him. We know what we have with JB and Hoyer. This off season is huge for the franchise.

I believe that is why he is still on the roster. I bet he will be given a chance once we are eliminated. Just to get a look for a possible backup.

28 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

As of now, IMO their is no reason not to want to see what he can do, even if it's only to cut him if he isn't up to snuff. To start the year and during the year, yes, but now, not really any plausible excuse. The folks poo-pooing it are either just haters, or afraid to be wrong. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

As of now, IMO their is no reason not to want to see what he can do, even if it's only to cut him if he isn't up to snuff. To start the year and during the year, yes, but now, not really any plausible excuse. The folks poo-pooing it are either just haters, or afraid to be wrong. 

I like JB and do not think he is as bad as some think but IMO the season ended Sunday (basically). I don't believe JB is 100% with his knee and I am positive Hilton isn't close to 100%. At this point I say let Kelly rip it, why not? See what the kid has I say and I am not even a Kelly supporter. We have nothing to lose now. If he stinks he stinks but maybe he will look good?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like JB and do not think he is as bad as some think but IMO the season ended Sunday (basically). I don't believe JB is 100% with his knee and I am positive Hilton isn't close to 100%. At this point I say let Kelly rip it, why not? See what the kid has I say and I am not even a Kelly supporter. We have nothing to lose now. If he stinks he stinks but maybe he will look good?

Today he actually practiced without the brace. We will see if it makes a difference or if he wears it Sunday. This team fell apart and went off the rails when he went down and the WR got decimated.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Today he actually practiced without the brace. We will see if it makes a difference or if he wears it Sunday. This team fell apart and went off the rails when he went down and the WR got decimated.

No argument there regarding had he not got injured, I think we win at Pitt and without a doubt beat Miami. His injury killed our momentum. TY Hilton being dinged up most of the year has really hurt the team too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure the coaches will pack it in just yet. The 538 simulator shows that while we have low chances now, if we win the next 2 (I know it's a stretch), we're back above 50% to make the playoffs (not predicting the others). If we lose Sunday, they yes, time to pack it in. If we get down a lot this Sunday, I'd absolutely put Kelly in though to see if he can spark something.

IMO, the coaches are treating this weekend as a playoff game, and will continue until as such until we lose one more. After that happens, I think they'll pivot to doing things that keep them healthy, and perhaps allow them to grade some folks for next year. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a bad take. The team didn't fall apart. IIRC the D hasn't given up more than 20 points (not including pts off turnovers or STs) since September. The running game has been fine, and we've out rushed the good majority of opponents up until this last game. Our D is still above average and has been all year, and our running game was more than fine before Mack went down (and was after until last game).

The only thing that has fallen apart is the passing game, and that happened early this year. The 5 close wins and 2 close losses in the first 7 games have just flipped a bit. If JB would have had ANYTHING vs Houston, we would have won. If not for the 2 INTs that cost us points, and gave our opponent 10, plus the STs score, we would have beat TN. 

Let's quit acting like JB's boo boo totally wrecked this team. The lack of passing all year has been clearly the top issue, followed by AV's struggles as a distant second.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

This is a bad take. The team didn't fall apart. IIRC the D hasn't given up more than 20 points (not including pts off turnovers or STs) since September. The running game has been fine, and we've out rushed the good majority of opponents up until this last game. Our D is still above average and has been all year, and our running game was more than fine before Mack went down (and was after until last game).

The only thing that has fallen apart is the passing game, and that happened early this year. The 5 close wins and 2 close losses in the first 7 games have just flipped a bit. If JB would have had ANYTHING vs Houston, we would have won. If not for the 2 INTs that cost us points, and gave our opponent 10, plus the STs score, we would have beat TN. 

Let's quit acting like JB's boo boo totally wrecked this team. The lack of passing all year has been clearly the top issue, followed by AV's struggles as a distant second.

We were 3-0 going into that Steelers game in the second quarter. Facts are facts. I said Jacobys injury and that was when TY and Campbell got hurt again. I said it was both. I was talking about the offense.  We had momentum going into that Steelers game. I wasn’t talking defense. Lacking skilled playmakers has clearly hurt us in the red zone.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nobody will convince me we would not have won against Miami had JB played. That win alone has us 7-5 and this picture is much different right now. I really don't care whether or not someone thinks JB is below average or he has trouble throwing deep but anyone that thinks we would've lost to Miami had he played is really off base. Hoyer was God awful.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody will convince me we would not have won against Miami had JB played. That win alone has us 7-5 and this picture is much different right now. I really don't care whether or not someone thinks JB is below average or he has trouble throwing deep but anyone that thinks we would've lost to Miami had he played is really off base. Hoyer was God awful.

The bottom line missed kicks in LA, stupid penalties and a Int in Pitt along with a missed kick, and hoyer screwing us over in Miami has cost us three games and none of those issues are JB fault.  He didn’t even finish one game and didn’t play in the other. That puts us at 9-3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The bottom line missed kicks in LA, stupid penalties and a Int in Pitt along with a missed kick, and hoyer screwing us over in Miami has cost us three games and none of those issues are JB fault.  He didn’t even finish one game and didn’t play in the other. That puts us at 9-3.

I think had he not got injured, we are 8-4 that is just by how we were playing as a team and by my eye ball test. JB has looked bad in some games but there are other reasons why we have lost games too like you mentioned. I am 99.9% sure we beat Miami anyway if he plays. Anyone that can't admit that, then that is laughable. JMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think had he not got injured, we are 8-4 that is just by how we were playing as a team and by my eye ball test. JB has looked bad in some games but there are other reasons why we have lost games too like you mentioned. I am 99.9% sure we beat Miami anyway if he plays. Anyone that can't admit that, then that is laughable. JMO.

It has just been a weird season. I am ready for the draft and we know that this offense is going to eventually be young and exciting again very soon. The draft is going to be one of the most important in Ballard’s career. 

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We were 3-0 going into that Steelers game in the second quarter. Facts are facts. I said Jacobys injury and that was when TY and Campbell got hurt again. I said it was both. I was talking about the offense.  We had momentum going into that Steelers game. I wasn’t talking defense. Lacking skilled playmakers has clearly hurt us in the red zone.

I seem to recall earlier posts of yours on the topic acting like it was the whole team slipping into the abyss.... due to the loss of JB's leadership... 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It has just been a weird season. I am ready for the draft and we know that this offense is going to eventually be young and exciting again very soon. The draft is going to be one of the most important in Ballard’s career. 

I can't wait for the draft. If we don't draft a QB I can't wait to see how this forum responds lmao . There are so many people that think JB stinks. We may not as maybe Ballard believes in JB and wants to build around him. I have no idea right now what he is thinking. Maybe Luck will come back?  

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't disagree that Hoyer is awful lol... I was not a fan of the signing and laughed at those saying how great and smart it was..... I will say I blame coaching and game plan for a good portion of that loss too though. 

IMO, being 7-5 or 6-6 right now isn't really the issue driving me. If we're 7-5, we're still a toss up to get into the playoffs, and we still wouldn't go past the first round. We're just a mediocre team right now. I'd rather have better draft position than a first round loss in the playoffs. If I felt like we had a chance to do something, it would be different. I'm more about 2020 than anything else right now. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't disagree that Hoyer is awful lol... I was not a fan of the signing and laughed at those saying how great and smart it was..... I will say I blame coaching and game plan for a good portion of that loss too though. 

IMO, being 7-5 or 6-6 right now isn't really the issue driving me. If we're 7-5, we're still a toss up to get into the playoffs, and we still wouldn't go past the first round. We're just a mediocre team right now. I'd rather have better draft position than a first round loss in the playoffs. If I felt like we had a chance to do something, it would be different. I'm more about 2020 than anything else right now. 

I still hate losing regardless. It would've been fun to see a QB like JB at least get us to the playoffs after Luck retired. I think Ballard knows if he is the answer or not either way. We will see come draft time.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You can play the blame game, and some of it may be true. That doesn't take away from the fact that had JB had anything the last two weeks against some of the worst passing Ds in the league, we would have won both and would have been 8-4. Add in his sub 50 QBR games like TN1, OAK, KC, DEN, and JAX1 as games where he played poorly, and at best had a good moment or two. The overall performance so far in games he started has simply been poor. He's had two good games (HOU1 and ATL), and a decent game (LAC).

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still hate losing regardless. It would've been fun to see a QB like JB at least get us to the playoffs after Luck retired. I think Ballard knows if he is the answer or not either way. We will see come draft time.

I hate losing. As you can tell, I'm still looking closely at playoff odds lol... still having trouble giving up. I think you're actually closer than me.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This will be half of the forum if we don't draft a QB homer falling GIF

Probably a better reflection of ticket sales :-)

15 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Agreed, as long as we have a shot to extend the season, let the coaches put the players, they think gives us a shot to win, on the field.  That's what they get paid to do.

As long as we have a 1% chance of making the playoffs I rarely want to pull the plug. I am not a quitter and hate tanking. We don't have our full arsenal though so that is the problem. If we had TY, Ebron, Campbell, and Mack walking through that tunnel on Sunday, I would say ok lets do this until we have 0%. We are just too injured right now in many area's to do anything. It would not shock me if Tampa beats us. In my 36 season fandom I was for tanking 1 time. That was in 2011 but it was once we got to 0-8 and I knew we would land Andrew Luck. That is the only time I didn't care if we lost. It took 0-8 and knowing Andrew was our prize to do so. This season is basically over too so what ever happens, happens. We have so many injuries right now. I will eat crow if we finish 4-0/make the playoffs and then play the lottery to boot if that happens. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as we have a 1% chance of making the playoffs I rarely want to pull the plug. I am not a quitter and hate tanking. We don't have our full arsenal though so that is the problem. If we had TY, Ebron, Campbell, and Mack walking through that tunnel on Sunday, I would say ok lets do this until we have 0%. We are just too injured right now in many area's to do anything. It would not shock me if Tampa beats us. In my 36 season fandom I was for tanking 1 time. That was in 2012 but it was once we got to 0-8 and I knew we would land Andrew Luck. That is the only time I didn't care if we lost. It took 0-8 and knowing Andrew was our prize to do so. This season is basically over too so what ever happens, happens. We have so many injuries right now. I will eat crow if we finish 4-0/make the playoffs and then play the lottery to boot if that happens. 

Yep, but it ain't over till it's over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't have a problem with that because I see many wanting Love or someone else. This draft by Ballard will have everyone watching.

I like Love, but not locked into him. I think a lot of people are trending to him just because of the interest from Ballard. 

I'm going to take a closer look at all the QBs in the coming weeks. I know most about Love (in terms of his history), and there's a lot to like, but also some things I need to look at closer and not sold on. Burrow isn't happening, but I could see us making moves to get any of the others without mortgaging the future too much. 

I also need to look closer at teams that need new QBs, and what draft capital it would require to move up to some of the areas. Gonna be interesting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't have a problem with that because I see many wanting Love or someone else. This draft by Ballard will have everyone watching.

Yep, I think he already knows all eyes will be on him even more so than usual; and even with his past accomplishments I think this off season will be the one that defines him, whatever he chooses to do. 

• Like 2