Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Stephen

Colts work out inman

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Fan forum favorite, lol :) 

Inman had the 2nd best hands, TY is only better. Instead we let Inman go and sign Funchess who won't even play a full game for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Inman had the 2nd best hands, TY is only better. Instead we let Inman go and sign Funchess who won't even play a full game for us.


Yeah a bird in hand was worth more than two in the bush. They probably had high hopes for Cain, Funchess and Campbell but didn’t anticipate the numbers would turn out this way due to injuries.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:


Yeah a bird in hand was worth more than two in the bush. They probably had high hopes for Cain, Funchess and Campbell but didn’t anticipate the numbers would turn out this way due to injuries.

Oh yeah nobody can predict injuries, this is easy hindsight  talk but I thought it was a mistake to get rid of Inman in the 1st place. I was also iffy on the Funchess signing when it happened.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh yeah nobody can predict injuries, this is easy hindsight  talk but I thought it was a mistake to get rid of Inman in the 1st place. I was also iffy on the Funchess signing when it happened.

I was iffy on funchess  signing,  but if he hadn't  got hurt I think our record  would be better 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I bet he is signed soon.   

Lol, you normally reply to mindless negativity post!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moe said:

Lol, you normally reply to mindless negativity post!

 

 

No,  I reply to posts that im interested in.   I think Inman will be signed 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I rarely question Ballard as I think he is a great GM but IMO we should've never let Inman go in the first place. I said that right before the season started.

It was right move.  Pascal is younger and can has basically done the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I bet he is signed soon.   

Reich said on  his phone conference ballard was finalizing a move. We will see if it’s inman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I rarely question Ballard as I think he is a great GM but IMO we should've never let Inman go in the first place. I said that right before the season started.

He didn’t fit into the “plans”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

No,  I reply to posts that im interested in.   I think Inman will be signed 

Why?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didn't really let him go. 

 

He was a FA they didn't, or couldn't, resign.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Inman is healthy he’s an excellent pickup. He caught everything thrown at him last year and totally stabilized a struggling WR corps. My assumption is Ballard had a price ceiling to resign him and Inman and his agent felt he was worth more and could get it. Water under the bridge now, but I like the guy and hope he’s in the lineup this Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I bet he is signed soon.   


And the way our luck has been going this season, he is placed on IR on Monday.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep a little late isn't it. 

 

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't even care anymore since the Titans loss.

 

4 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

why to little to late

Well, you three are just a bundle of joy. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10-6 here we come!

 

(Couldn't resist.)

 

(But, seriously, sign him, we need bodies that know the offense.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DougDew said:

They didn't really let him go. 

 

He was a FA they didn't, or couldn't, resign.

 

Exactly. Inman himself tweeted he wanted to test the FA waters. He did and by the time he realized he wasn't cashing in, the Colts had signed Funchess and he(inman) was odd man out.  Funny how quick people forget...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep a little late isn't it. 

Maybe.  But stranger things have happened.  I'd rather go down fighting than surrender

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Maybe.  But stranger things have happened.  I'd rather go down fighting than surrender

Amen to that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Amen to that. 

yep.  And BEFORE someone brings up the whole draft pick order.  Even if we lose out, we're not likely to get to the top 10-12.  There's 16 teams with records worse than ours. 14 of them with only 4 wins a piece. Which means we'd have to lose out and at least 5 of them would have to win out for us to even sniff the top 10 in draft order.  Looking at the schedules of the teams currently 10-15 a head of us in the draft order, its highly unlikely for any of them to win more than 2 games, let alone all 4 as those teams play top teams such as the Ravens, Patriots, Texans etc.  Bottom line is, we're gonna pick somewhere 15 and down in the order. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon Ballard, sign the man. If not, maybe we can get some forum members to play some ball for a fraction of the cost. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Not a shocker.

 

I bet he will be signed soon.

I hope so, should have never been released.  The real question is for how long?  for 4 games seems silly, maybe this year and next for sure with a team option for the 3rd year.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

I hope so, should have never been released.  The real question is for how long?  for 4 games seems silly, maybe this year and next for sure with a team option for the 3rd year.  

 

Per Stephen Holder Colts indeed tried to resign him last offseason, it just didn't work. Holder ounded it was rather on Inman.

 

 

I hope we can sign him for a longer contract 1+2 year or something like that. And I also hope he won't got injured like other FAs... :-(

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

yep.  And BEFORE someone brings up the whole draft pick order.  Even if we lose out, we're not likely to get to the top 10-12.  There's 16 teams with records worse than ours. 14 of them with only 4 wins a piece. Which means we'd have to lose out and at least 5 of them would have to win out for us to even sniff the top 10 in draft order.  Looking at the schedules of the teams currently 10-15 a head of us in the draft order, its highly unlikely for any of them to win more than 2 games, let alone all 4 as those teams play top teams such as the Ravens, Patriots, Texans etc.  Bottom line is, we're gonna pick somewhere 15 and down in the order. 

Which is where they should pick anyway. The Colts aren't a bad team; they are decimated with injuries and have a major QB issue to resolve. My guess is they finish 8-8 and end up around pick 18-20. That won't net them one of the top QBs, but it will get them a stud at WR. Or place kicker. O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...