Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard’s third quarter review

Restinpeacesweetchloe

5 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

I sure hope so. I won't be buying Sunday Ticket again to watch Brissett run the Colts offense.

That is exactly my feeling too...I have bought Sunday Ticket forever, but I'm done next year if Brissett is QB. I would wait to see the NFL channel replays. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

And I don't see Brady retiring, and I don't think he'd knee jerk retire either. I wouldn't be surprised if he's agreed to give BB and Kraft a two year's notice.

Father Time might not give Brady a 2 year notice. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

Father Time might not give Brady a 2 year notice. 

I don't think father time is responsible for their O struggles this year. It's a lack of TEs and WRs and OL that took a step back. Their running game that was top 5 last year is bottom 15 this year. Even with all that, they are still top 10 in passing and points per game. It's not like he's been struggling with injuries either. Had they kept Brown, I think we'd be saying wow. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I don't think father time is responsible for their O struggles this year. It's a lack of TEs and WRs and OL that took a step back. Their running game that was top 5 last year is bottom 15 this year. Even with all that, they are still top 10 in passing and points per game. It's not like he's been struggling with injuries either. Had they kept Brown, I think we'd be saying wow. 

It is known the patriots schedule has been a cake walk. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Time may not be responsible for all their troubles, but I think he might have a finger or two in it.  I haven't been following the Patriots super close, but from the games I have seen I don't think TB looks as sharp as he once did. Some of his passes, and what looked like missed opportunities were just not what you would expect from TB; even after they got Wynn back. He may flip the switch when the playoffs start, but right now he looks a little off IMO. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

It is known the patriots schedule has been a cake walk. 

Not sure the relevance to him and father time?

But sure (on their schedule), and ours was a lot weaker than originally thought. I'd bet our SoS and theirs is pretty similar. Regardless, they beat who they were supposed to beat, and have only lost twice on the road to division leaders. They beat two teams we lost to, by a combine 76-3... 

18 hours ago, esmort said:

Time may not be responsible for all their troubles, but I think he might have a finger or two in it.  I haven't been following the Patriots super close, but from the games I have seen I don't think TB looks as sharp as he once did. Some of his passes, and what looked like missed opportunities were just not what you would expect from TB; even after they got Wynn back. He may flip the switch when the playoffs start, but right now he looks a little off IMO. 

Like I said, they are without a TE (lost Gronk), their attempts at getting a WR failed (Gordon and Brown) twice, their OL that was top 5ish last year is now 20ish. Their running game that was top 5 is now 20ish.. 

With the passing game being top 10 combined with all the above, I'd take it as he's actually carrying the team on his back offensively. IMO NE will improve the WR, TE, and OL in the off season and come back better than this year. And again will wish old man time better luck in 2020.

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure the relevance to him and father time?

But sure (on their schedule), and ours was a lot weaker than originally thought. I'd bet our SoS and theirs is pretty similar. Regardless, they beat who they were supposed to beat, and have only lost twice on the road to division leaders. They beat two teams we lost to, by a combine 

The scheme in and of itself is top notch. It doesn't have anything to do with father time. 

The Patriots remind me of the Olympic hockey team for Russia some 30 years ago or so. They beat you before they even played you... 

The Colts arent the Patriots. This is a new scheme. New, lesser QB. I believe strength of schedule helped the Patriots tremendously. But it doesn't really matter to me. You notice they lost against the ravens and texans. Both considered a top AFC team. Everyone else was scrap meat. 

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The scheme in and of itself is top notch. It doesn't have anything to do with father time. 

The Patriots remind me of the Olympic hockey team for Russia some 30 years ago or so. They beat you before they even played you... 

The Colts arent the Patriots. This is a new scheme. New, lesser QB. I believe strength of schedule helped the Patriots tremendously. But it doesn't really matter to me. You notice they lost against the ravens and texans. Both considered a top AFC team. Everyone else was scrap meat. 

They did beat Pitt with BBen, Bills, Philly, and Dallas. I'd take the Bills-Eagles-Cowboys over any AFCS team right now. Scrap meat, IDK.... ?

Should be a good game this weekend (Pats/KC).

On 12/2/2019 at 7:29 PM, Chloe6124 said:

The way he talks up Funchess it makes me think they might try and resign him.  The audio is at the end of the written article.

Ballard can't control injuries, players turning the ball over, Luck retiring, etc. I thought both Ballard and Reich handled the season well and despite all the obstacles, they were able to keep this team competitive in every game they played.

The future is still bright in Indy. A ton of young guys got a lot of experience in 2019 and the Colts are in salary cap heaven and have three picks in the first two rounds of the 2020 Draft.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:29 PM, Chloe6124 said:

The way he talks up Funchess it makes me think they might try and resign him.  The audio is at the end of the written article.

To H___ with Funchess.  Draft a couple of high WRs with the early picks.

Get some young studs...not a rejected retread.