Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Agreed. And it wasn’t like the Turray pick where you took a guy with a high ceiling. You took a “pass rusher” who wasn’t taught any pass rushing moves early in the 2nd round.   Its just hard to look at Banogu, and think he’s a future starting DE of the future.
    • You're right.... its Demaryius  
    • Even if we had our choice of FA QBs, or QBs in the Draft, with our schedule next year, a .500 record would be EPIC. I think with Brissett we might win 5 or 6. (If you haven't seen our home/away schedule I had to have us win all 3 home division games and Cincy just to find 4 home wins and 4 road wins was no easy feat either).    If we go 7-9 or worse with anything other than a promising rookie I think Ballard will be on the hottest of seats and in listening to this interview I think he knows it. He has to roll the dice on a rookie. He has the luxury of sitting him behind Brissett for a year and that buys him another year to debut and succeed against FAR easier competition the next year.   I think they'd have to be sniffing the playoffs at that point or we'll have all new coaches and GM and a failing 3rd year QB which could set us back to a place we haven't been since the darkest days. Many forget or are too young to recall but prior to Manning we had Jim Harbaugh Capt. Comeback, so it's going back to the Jeff George/Eric Dickerson Jack Trudeau Mike Pagel etc. Losing dog years. We are a Ballard solution/pick from becoming a basketball city again.     DD could have asked him about that but didn't. Instead he tossed up softball conspiracy theories that even if true weren't going to be answered in any case so it was a missed opportunity.  Our tiny market has been blessed by great success of our two Pro Sports teams. But the risk of becoming irrelevant because FAs don't want to come here without a real chance to win it all is real. That could spiral in a lot of ways.    It all rests in Ballard's hands along with some luck.  I like his chances, not that it matters, nor can we do anything about it anyway. 
  • Members