Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
TimetobringDfence!

Why was Williams benched?

Recommended Posts

Because he's not as good catching in the back field like wilkins or hines does plus he's not as shifty either he's good for a 3rd and short situation

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reich said today it was nothing that he did. He though Hines and Wilkins were getting better production.  Hines has actually been running the ball pretty well the last couple of games. Wilkins seemed like he was just quicker then Williams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Because  they wanted to sabotage  my fantasy  team

 

Desperate times if you're starting Williams...

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Because he's not as good catching in the back field like wilkins or hines does plus he's not as shifty either he's good for a 3rd and short situation

Previous two games he was good at all of the above so that is wrong just 8 carries isn't enough for him took 13 against Jags to get 116 yards and took 26 carries 4 days later to get 104.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Previous two games he was good at all of the above so that is wrong just 8 carries isn't enough for him took 13 against Jags to get 116 yards and took 26 carries 4 days later to get 104.

The only reason why he had alot of yards those games because the o-line made huge holes for him to run thru he can't squeeze by a pile up like wilkins can and he's not shifty like mack is he's just a power runner that's it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Wilkins given a real starting work load to see what he does given the circumstances. I don't know if he'd be better than Mack, but I'll bet it'd be close.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a4c3f15bbae45248d2c

 

Anyone who has followed this team this season should know that we play running back roulette no matter who is hot. They’ll pull Mack out in the middle of getting hot and put someone else in. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich said today it was nothing that he did. He though Hines and Wilkins were getting better production.  Hines has actually been running the ball pretty well the last couple of games. Wilkins seemed like he was just quicker then Williams.

I can’t believe a word coming from this team. Wilson was just held out for game planning and the type of team we were playing and Cain, and on and on. It’s all coach speak. I just tune anything they say out and just watch the games. It is certainly a turn off as a fan to be lied to about every aspect of the game in interviews. I’d rather them just say no comment or we got 53 guys who play the game etc... 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

 

Desperate times if you're starting Williams...

That’s what I was thinking. How many were already crowning him as a coveted FA starter somewhere with a big new contract. Many players see a couple really good games and then never see the field again. One hit wonders. Although I do like what Williams showed on the field those two games. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a4c3f15bbae45248d2c

 

Anyone who has followed this team this season should know that we play running back roulette no matter who is hot. They’ll pull Mack out in the middle of getting hot and put someone else in. 

Black magic 8 ball. Should I keep him in? Answer: all signs points to no. Mack, get out, 8 ball says you’re done.  Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I can’t believe a word coming from this team. Wilson was just held out for game planning and the type of team we were playing and Cain, and on and on. It’s all coach speak. I just tune anything they say out and just watch the games. It is certainly a turn off as a fan to be lied to about every aspect of the game in interviews. I’d rather them just say no comment or we got 53 guys who play the game etc... 

That’s what I was thinking. How many were already crowning him as a coveted FA starter somewhere with a big new contract. Many players see a couple really good games and then never see the field again. One hit wonders. Although I do like what Williams showed on the field those two games. 

Yeah,  what do the coaches know.   They only watch them everyday in practice.   What do folks that do this for a living know.   

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Superman said:

 

Desperate times if you're starting Williams...

Yea well had mack, cook and conner, but mack and Conner got hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way this team runs the ball (very well) I don't care who they use.  Unless you are playing fantasy football that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Black magic 8 ball. Should I keep him in? Answer: all signs points to no. Mack, get out, 8 ball says you’re done.  Lol

LOL!! Not many will get this, I'll bet. Haven't seen one of those in many years! :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Superman said:

 

Desperate times if you're starting Williams...

Mack Howard and Bredia were hurt :(. What’s worse is I started Williams over Guice

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I heard he is on his 5th NFL team.  He runs hard, but has limitations.  Probably is a quality guy for a RB squad like we have though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hammer said:

LOL!! Not many will get this, I'll bet. Haven't seen one of those in many years! :) 

I forget, the youth movement is real lmao

 

im now one of the old farts who had wooden toys as a kid lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/4346612002
I’ll put this here for discussion. This seems to be more of the same double speak coaching talk crap

we are getting. Either these guys have some weird plan they aren’t sharing or they are flying by the seat of their pants. If the article says they made an in game adjustment on pecking order of RB, and one assumes it’s based from in game production, then why too could this not apply to the QB situation and usage? Each week, my expectations for how solid this coaching staff is lowers. It’s not at Pagano level but he Pagano has more time to become disheartened. If Reich keeps trying to ramrod JB down the fans throats as “the guy” when he clearly isn’t a franchise type QB, he is going to reach Pagano level soon by being stubborn in this one area while adopting changes in other areas based on performance on the field (Williams/Cain) or in practice (Wilson/Lewis). If you are going to adapt in game changes with performance matchups, that should apply to a QB that’s not Manning or Luck caliber having 1 off game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I like Walker have since we drafted him. I also believe we are real solid at the LB position.
    • My views on those points.    Disagree. He was below average first half of the season and he was rock bottom the second half. For whatever it's worth I think his injury probably impacted his mechanics and accuracy in the second half so he might be closer to the QB from the first half of the season. Still not good enough.   Agree. Those stats were not what I've had most issues with. His stats overstate his play because of very favorable playcalling in the first half of the season when he amassed a ton of TDs from within 5 yards of the endzone. Which is valuable and not something to be easily discarded, but also not something sustainable... which... got shown off in the second half of the season.    This would be an interesting poll to run. I've been seeing more and more people entertaining  bargain bin future QBs which IMO points to them not taking the task of finding the future QB seriously enough and possibly having some hopes about Jacoby. It's possible the % of people willing to give JB another shot might be higher than 10%.   What do you consider "bashing JB"? I don't see many posts that I would consider bashing Brissett. I agree he doesn't suck, but I also don't think he's average.      Cheers 
    • Brissett is terrible 30 INT's is worst than terrible that's trash.
    • Yes and no.     The losses versus Houston and Tenn were very bad, our health played a very big part in that. We would have gotten massacred against anybody in the playoffs had we made it. Now if Brissett played well consistently I’d say we had a chance to go on a run like the Titans, but with him stinking the place up and our secondary being decimated, along with losing Turay, allows me to believe otherwise.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...