Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why was Williams benched?

TimetobringDfence!

44 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Because he's not as good catching in the back field like wilkins or hines does plus he's not as shifty either he's good for a 3rd and short situation

Previous two games he was good at all of the above so that is wrong just 8 carries isn't enough for him took 13 against Jags to get 116 yards and took 26 carries 4 days later to get 104.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Previous two games he was good at all of the above so that is wrong just 8 carries isn't enough for him took 13 against Jags to get 116 yards and took 26 carries 4 days later to get 104.

The only reason why he had alot of yards those games because the o-line made huge holes for him to run thru he can't squeeze by a pile up like wilkins can and he's not shifty like mack is he's just a power runner that's it

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich said today it was nothing that he did. He though Hines and Wilkins were getting better production.  Hines has actually been running the ball pretty well the last couple of games. Wilkins seemed like he was just quicker then Williams.

I can’t believe a word coming from this team. Wilson was just held out for game planning and the type of team we were playing and Cain, and on and on. It’s all coach speak. I just tune anything they say out and just watch the games. It is certainly a turn off as a fan to be lied to about every aspect of the game in interviews. I’d rather them just say no comment or we got 53 guys who play the game etc... 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Desperate times if you're starting Williams...

That’s what I was thinking. How many were already crowning him as a coveted FA starter somewhere with a big new contract. Many players see a couple really good games and then never see the field again. One hit wonders. Although I do like what Williams showed on the field those two games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a4c3f15bbae45248d2c

Anyone who has followed this team this season should know that we play running back roulette no matter who is hot. They’ll pull Mack out in the middle of getting hot and put someone else in. 

Black magic 8 ball. Should I keep him in? Answer: all signs points to no. Mack, get out, 8 ball says you’re done.  Lol

23 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I can’t believe a word coming from this team. Wilson was just held out for game planning and the type of team we were playing and Cain, and on and on. It’s all coach speak. I just tune anything they say out and just watch the games. It is certainly a turn off as a fan to be lied to about every aspect of the game in interviews. I’d rather them just say no comment or we got 53 guys who play the game etc... 

That’s what I was thinking. How many were already crowning him as a coveted FA starter somewhere with a big new contract. Many players see a couple really good games and then never see the field again. One hit wonders. Although I do like what Williams showed on the field those two games. 

Yeah,  what do the coaches know.   They only watch them everyday in practice.   What do folks that do this for a living know.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/4346612002
I’ll put this here for discussion. This seems to be more of the same double speak coaching talk crap

we are getting. Either these guys have some weird plan they aren’t sharing or they are flying by the seat of their pants. If the article says they made an in game adjustment on pecking order of RB, and one assumes it’s based from in game production, then why too could this not apply to the QB situation and usage? Each week, my expectations for how solid this coaching staff is lowers. It’s not at Pagano level but he Pagano has more time to become disheartened. If Reich keeps trying to ramrod JB down the fans throats as “the guy” when he clearly isn’t a franchise type QB, he is going to reach Pagano level soon by being stubborn in this one area while adopting changes in other areas based on performance on the field (Williams/Cain) or in practice (Wilson/Lewis). If you are going to adapt in game changes with performance matchups, that should apply to a QB that’s not Manning or Luck caliber having 1 off game.