1. 1. Who do you want as the future QB of the Colts

• Jacoby Brissett
    • Jordan Love
    • Justin Herbert
    • Jake Fromm
    • Jacob Eason
    • Jalen Hurts

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

or indianapolis colts nfl GIFWell Done Smile GIF by Indianapolis Colts, been around the wife and kid a lot but I also miss football and I feel 100% healthy. I am back!

I still won’t be shocked. To me he just seemed like he needed a mental break for a year. The best thing would be for him to say I will come back for a year or two and draft our next QB.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I still won’t be shocked. To me he just seemed like he needed a mental break for a year. The best thing would be for him to say I will come back for a year or two and draft our next QB.

Nothing would shock me at this point. I like JB but Luck was very good if not great. Luck always gave us a chance to win. He looks like the bionic man running the ball in that Gif lmao 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing would shock me at this point. I like JB but Luck was very good if not great. Luck always gave us a chance to win. He looks like the bionic man running the ball in that Gif lmao 

I think asking him to come back and just finish his contract could happen. He doesn’t have to make a huge commitment and he gets to go out the right way. Then you draft a guy like Love and turn it over to him after lucks contract is up. I can’t remenber how many more years Luck would have. I think it was one or two yeard. If it happens I bet we will know pretty quick after the season ends.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

From what I read JB and Luck are pretty close.  I don't think he would come back and push JB back to No.2.  That would be a bitter pill for JB to swallow.  If he did want to come back I would bet he would want JB moved to another team where he would have a chance to compete for the No1 job.  I also think the locker room would have trouble with both of them on the team.  Luck deciding to come back will have it's issues IMO. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

From what I read JB and Luck are pretty close.  I don't think he would come back and push JB back to No.2.  That would be a bitter pill for JB to swallow.  If he did want to come back I would bet he would want JB moved to another team where he would have a chance to compete for the No1 job.  I also think the locker room would have trouble with both of them on the team.  Luck deciding to come back will have it's issues IMO. 

That would be an awkward situation but I would take Luck back in a heartbeat.

59 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If luck comes back I would almost guarantee we would draft a QB to sit behind him. At the end of lucks contract we can move on with the new QB. If luck wants to still play he can go to a new team. Same situation we had with manning. Then Brissett would be gone.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

or indianapolis colts nfl GIFWell Done Smile GIF by Indianapolis Colts, been around the wife and kid a lot but I also miss football and I feel 100% healthy. I am back!

I totally agree! As the father of 2 very young children (who I love to death) being home with a baby 24/7 will drive a man insane! If Andrews baby isn’t due until January then I give him till March to be begging to come back!

45 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I totally agree! As the father of 2 very young children (who I love to death) being home with a baby 24/7 will drive a man insane! If Andrews baby isn’t due until January then I give him till March to be begging to come back!

He had a baby girl born back in mid November, so... maybe?

On 12/2/2019 at 9:57 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Simple number. Let’s say they draft a QB. They will keep Jacoby as starter to groom him. 

so it would be: 

Jacoby

Drafted QB

Hoyer

no space for him. 

Nah, we'd cut bait with Hoyer and save a little money. If we draft someone, it's unlikely we're carrying 3 QBs on the active 53. We carry JB and the rook. Hoyer is not PS eligible, but CK would be IIRC.

And if we draft someone to groom or start, JB could possibly asked for a trade to a team looking for a starter, or where there is competition for starter. If that happened, we might keep Hoyer as the backup, but there would still be a spot on open on the PS for CK.