Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chester Rogers fractured knee yesterday

ColtsSouljah

8 minutes ago, buccolts said:

If you were an opposing DC, and told you HAD to double cover one Colts WR..... who would you double?

Maybe they play a 5-4-2 'cause we don't have enough receivers to worry about?

It would clearly  be pascal. But he isn’t scary enough to have to do that. He isn’t going to go deep very often and isn’t fast enough. He is very good when we are running certain kind of routes.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

12 didn't quit he lost the desire to keep playing if he played without being 100% committed we still wouldn't be winning regardless he made the right choice sucks it took til 2 weeks before the season but whatever.

That's quitting.  Just because he had a reason to quit, doesn't mean he didn't quit.  Stop putting these guys on a pedestal.  Anyone who pulled what he did in the real world would likely catch flak from teammates/coworkers.  He bailed, sure, he had reasons, but it was equivalent to one if us bailing mid shift.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

In a flaming Viking boat.

The hate for this kid is amazing.    He isn't an elite QB,  but no one thought he was.  There are a few teams in the league right now that wish they had him over what they have now.   I'll be surprised if he is the guy next year,   but finding a great qb is the hardest thing to do

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

12 didn't quit he lost the desire to keep playing if he played without being 100% committed we still wouldn't be winning regardless he made the right choice sucks it took til 2 weeks before the season but whatever.

That is quitting.   I understand why he quit,   but he quit

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

That's quitting.  Just because he had a reason to quit, doesn't mean he didn't quit.  Stop putting these guys on a pedestal.  Anyone who pulled what he did in the real world would likely catch flak from teammates/coworkers.  He bailed, sure, he had reasons, but it was equivalent to one if us bailing mid shift.... 

Bullcrap the only reason people say that about him is because of the timing I believe he tried everything he could to recover from the injury and play it just didn't heal for whatever reason so he made the best decision not only for himself but the team too.

3 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Not good sorry for typo 

Brissett blows.

3 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

It certainly is a blow. We are literally out of WR, and Pittsburgh stil has Cain.

He stinks anyway.

3 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Bullcrap the only reason people say that about him is because of the timing I believe he tried everything he could to recover from the injury and play it just didn't heal for whatever reason so he made the best decision not only for himself but the team too.

Brissett blows.

He stinks anyway.

Cain May not be as good as we all hoped but he still knows the playbook and the system and that’s better than picking up a guy off the street that has to learn this system.

22 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Brissett blows.

He stinks anyway.

Yeah,   he quit.    You either get cut or quit.   He quit,   at 30

5 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Poor Chester the way he’s playing this year and last year you would assume his hands were broken too... I feel bad about his injury but I’m not sad to see the liability off the field.

Not saying Rogers is great or anything, but he was our 2nd leading WR last year, and also raised his performance 71% over the previous year with JB in 2017. He was trending up.  

Chester doesnt have the tools, period. Some on here would defend him no matter what but he never really improved even though was healthy the entire time. I was bashed for saying Pascal would pass him on the depth chart and Zack has done what Chester never will. Also believe Cain before all is said and done will have a much better career than Chester and now that he is healthy is showing well in Pittsburgh. Chester always gave his all though we cant deny that, just isnt talented enough.

Chester was serviceable as a #5 or #6 wide out, but with a healthy TY, Paris, Funchess and Pascal, he is definitely the candidate where we look for an upgrade.

I'd hope we go after Robby Anderson of the Jets and then draft one from the draft to bolster our WR corps, regardless of whether we re-sign Funchess or not.

Rogers had some big catches this year when we needed them. He was also I think third in punt return average and had improved a ton on that since last year. But with Hines doing well on PR Rogers will probably be gone.  Rogers is fine as your 6th WR but when your WR group is wiped out he isn’t good enough to give you what you need.  I am so excited how well Pascal has developed this year. He really turned into a legit NFL WR.