Indianapolis Colts
coltsorioles

Colts can make the playoffs

On 12/2/2019 at 6:33 PM, Two_pound said:

What's incredible is how good this defense is playing, a few too many breakdowns the past 2 games. (but that *ic 3 man pass rush against the Texans is on the coaches).  We lost to 3 horrible offensive teams while the defense stoned them(raiders,steelers, dolphins). We really could be 9-3 or better, this team does not have many holes or weaknesses.

We are at a point the defense has to play perfect. It really isn’t fair to them. No defense plays a perfect game. Offenses are to good.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:46 AM, coltsorioles said:

10-6 will definitely make the playoffs in the afc. As we know the Colts are the type of team that can beat and also could lose to anyone.   Obviously the saints are the best team they face but they did lose to Atlanta at home. Tampa, Carolina, and Jax are very winnable.  The colts lose every tie breaker, because if they win out they go 4-0 vs nfc and have the worst conference record. They only teams they could beat in a tie breaker is Tennessee if Tennessee looses one game to Houston or ,  Houston if they lose both games to Tennessee. That is based on better division record. That is the first tie breaker amongst division opponents, conference record does not apply unless the division record is the same.   As far as the other teams. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Oakland,  not worried about Oakland running the table, so either buffalo has to lose out , they play Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England and the jets ( it's possible). Or Pittsburgh has to lose 2 of 4.  They play cardinals, bills, jets, ravens.    My  point is if the Colts win out they  should make the playoffs. I know it's a big if, but you never know. 

As much as I would love to stick it to the cows and thumbtacks and make the playoffs, I don’t think it’s going to happen and I’m not sure I want it to. Unless JB suddenly becomes the second coming of Manning, I don’t feel comfortable with him being our future QB, and reaching the playoffs would only encourage Ballard and Reich to move forward with him.

But if we make the playoffs, I probably wouldn’t complain too much, just because I’ll be laughing at our friends in the AFCS.

50 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are at a point the defense has to play perfect. It really isn’t fair to them. No defense plays a perfect game. Offenses are to good.

It’s like the total opposite of 2014. In 2014 Luck and the O had to bail the D out every game. Now it’s Leonard and the D bailing out the O every game.

Don't hold your breath on this one. They will be 6-10. only 4 more losses and they can go back to the drawing board. Give Kelly a fair shot, and make everyone take HGH and try to not get hurt!

I'd be happy if TY would come back healthy, just beat Tampa and we can talk about the season. I'm in one game at a time mode. That blocked kick really broke my hopes for the season.

4 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I'd be happy if TY would come back healthy, just beat Tampa and we can talk about the season. I'm in one game at a time mode. That blocked kick really broke my hopes for the season.

To put it politely, that blocked FG sucked a big bag of eggs. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I dropped my remote in disgust and proclaimed, "the season is done."

Maybe a tad dramatic but that's how I felt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I dropped my remote in disgust and proclaimed, "the season is done."

Maybe a tad dramatic but that's how I felt.

I did the same. I just stared at the TV for like 5 minutes in disbelief.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I did the same. I just stared at the TV for like 5 minutes in disbelief.

Ditto, mumbling to myself things like,

"Are you kidding me?!?"

"You just can't let that happen"

"They can't be this bad"

"Jake LaMotta vs Billy Fox??"

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 9:42 AM, RollerColt said:

The way I see it: 

Steelers will be at 9-7 and get in the playoffs despite the circus of QBs. 

Oakland will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker.

Titans will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker. 

Colts will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker. 

It's the perfect amount of chaos for a completely chaotic season. Happy Holidays. 

argh....the steelers making the playoffs is going to be so irritating!!!  Mainly due to the fact that I have friends who are Steelers fans and they will remind me of it all the way to 2020 training camp. They continually mention how they are doing it without Brown, Bell, & Rothlisberger and that there is no rebuilding in Pittsburgh, just winning. blah blah.  :flaming:

On 12/5/2019 at 4:18 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

yea, but going back to the Houston game, where some holiday deviled eggs were being made, Brissett has 129 yards to Watson's 298,  Hilton w/18 yrds. and a couple contested dropped passes and the no call fumble recovery at the end....  that game would / could have given us the big mo going back home for the Titans.  I really think things hinged on that high-stakes game because of how poorly we played against our AFC conference foes leading up to that nationally televised showdown.  And yea, you DID put that politely!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

argh....the steelers making the playoffs is going to be so irritating!!!  Mainly due to the fact that I have friends who are Steelers fans and they will remind me of it all the way to 2020 training camp. They continually mention how they are doing it without Brown, Bell, & Rothlisberger and that there is no rebuilding in Pittsburgh, just winning. blah blah.  :flaming:

Right there with you brother. They’re the last team I’d want to see in the playoffs... 

• Like 1