Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Colts1324

Cam Newton/Kyle Allen

Recommended Posts

Has nobody given the thought of the Colts potentially poaching one of the Panthers' QB's next year. Ideally, Cam Newton.

 

I know he is injured A LOT, but I think he still has a lot left in the tank. He is better than Brissett, and could get us to the promise land with a great overall team. 
 

If they decide to keep Cam; Kyle Allen? IMO, he more potential than Brissett, so maybe we could swing a trade for him? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Cam is and always was a horrible QB. 

Agreed. He is the prototypical "Take away his running ability and what are you left with?" QB.

 

You're left with a poor pocket passer, who is more likely now to get frustrated, (without his mobility) and blame others (diva QB).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

Agreed. He is the prototypical "Take away his running ability and what are you left with?" QB.

 

You're left with a poor pocket passer, who is more likely now to get frustrated, (without his mobility) and blame others (diva QB).

 

And this is precisely the reason I thought an earlier suggestion the Bears should pick him up was a great idea. He'd fit right in with the history of their passing game.

 

Oh, and, I'm not sure Allen is an upgrade to what we're experiencing now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MPStack said:

Cam is and always was a horrible QB. 

I don't think he was/is a horrible QB. The guy won an MVP, and has had an average coach IMO. 
 

He isn't an elite QB, but we need somebody who can at least push the ball downfield. If healthy, I think he can do that. Probably won't happen anyways, but we're too good of a team to wait 2-3 years for good QB play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't think he was/is a horrible QB. The guy won an MVP, and has had an average coach IMO. 
 

He isn't an elite QB, but we need somebody who can at least push the ball downfield. If healthy, I think he can do that. Probably won't happen anyways, but we're too good of a team to wait 2-3 years for good QB play. 


Embarrassing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 6:27 AM, MPStack said:

Cam is and always was a horrible QB. 

 

Von Miller broke him in Super Bowl 50. Before then he was an above average Quarterback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rap sheet is reporting today that they will be listening to trade offers this offseason.  Bleacher Report followed up with an article today listing five teams as potential landing spots.  The Colts being a team who they think is a Franchise QB away from being a contender and they think Cam could be that missing piece.  They have us giving up our 1st and a 5th rd future pick.  We have plenty of cap space to take on his contract.  Behind our line?  Interesting thought.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Rap sheet is reporting today that they will be listening to trade offers this offseason.  Bleacher Report followed up with an article today listing five teams as potential landing spots.  The Colts being a team who they think is a Franchise QB away from being a contender and they think Cam could be that missing piece.  They have us giving up our 1st and a 5th rd future pick.  We have plenty of cap space to take on his contract.  Behind our line?  Interesting thought.  

I read and the writer needs to put the bong down. Cam for a 1st Rounder is hilarious. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 9:09 PM, richard pallo said:

Rap sheet is reporting today that they will be listening to trade offers this offseason.  Bleacher Report followed up with an article today listing five teams as potential landing spots.  The Colts being a team who they think is a Franchise QB away from being a contender and they think Cam could be that missing piece.  They have us giving up our 1st and a 5th rd future pick.  We have plenty of cap space to take on his contract.  Behind our line?  Interesting thought.  

Yeah, I think it's more plausible he signs as a free agent when his contract is voidable this offseason. I would rather have a healthy Cam than a JB. I like Brissett as a guy, his leadership, and his grit... but he's very slow on his reads/decision making which is hard to teach in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah, I think it's more plausible he signs as a free agent when his contract is voidable this offseason. I would rather have a healthy Cam than a JB. I like Brissett as a guy, his leadership, and his grit... but he's very slow on his reads/decision making which is hard to teach in the NFL. 


So, shift to a QB with a below career passing pct of 60%. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The building of a roster through the draft is all about building a solid foundation of player's that fit your system. Every GM starts over and most of the roster has been turned over in 3 years.  The new young players need at minimum 2-3 years of experience to show they have what it takes to compete at the NFL level. And to earn the right to be leaders. We are just now on the edge of that now.  LMAO at the boneheads that whine over and over that Ballad hasn't built his roster fast enough from outside by over spending on FA. Our young roster was considered to be one of the best prior to the start of last season. And were perfectly set up flush with Cap money to go after the missing pieces to get over the hump to be SB contenders. So Please stand down and whine about the next thing on your €¡~⊙》list. It is what it is.
    • the kidney and calf injures had nothing to do with the line, you could blame them for the shoulder though he also hurt it snow boarding    its obviously a done deal just throwing out a hypothetical 
    • If the Colts Line couldn’t protect Luck from injury, imagine them protecting Peyton???  We can’t change history.  What has happened, has happened...
    • he wanted to go back to KC but they said no, his cap hit was too much.  i doubt he ever thought the colts would be better than the chiefs 
  • Members

    • #12.

      #12. 1,736

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 3,148

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bWild

      bWild 57

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 11,010

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • harrisoncolts88

      harrisoncolts88 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr.Debonair

      Mr.Debonair 2,314

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Barry Sears

      Barry Sears 1,170

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 3,163

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 861

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 07dleigh

      07dleigh 11

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...