Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton/Kyle Allen

Has nobody given the thought of the Colts potentially poaching one of the Panthers' QB's next year. Ideally, Cam Newton.

I know he is injured A LOT, but I think he still has a lot left in the tank. He is better than Brissett, and could get us to the promise land with a great overall team. 

If they decide to keep Cam; Kyle Allen? IMO, he more potential than Brissett, so maybe we could swing a trade for him? 

5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Cam is and always was a horrible QB. 

Agreed. He is the prototypical "Take away his running ability and what are you left with?" QB.

You're left with a poor pocket passer, who is more likely now to get frustrated, (without his mobility) and blame others (diva QB).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

Agreed. He is the prototypical "Take away his running ability and what are you left with?" QB.

You're left with a poor pocket passer, who is more likely now to get frustrated, (without his mobility) and blame others (diva QB).

And this is precisely the reason I thought an earlier suggestion the Bears should pick him up was a great idea. He'd fit right in with the history of their passing game.

Oh, and, I'm not sure Allen is an upgrade to what we're experiencing now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPStack said:

Cam is and always was a horrible QB. 

I don't think he was/is a horrible QB. The guy won an MVP, and has had an average coach IMO. 

He isn't an elite QB, but we need somebody who can at least push the ball downfield. If healthy, I think he can do that. Probably won't happen anyways, but we're too good of a team to wait 2-3 years for good QB play. 

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't think he was/is a horrible QB. The guy won an MVP, and has had an average coach IMO. 

He isn't an elite QB, but we need somebody who can at least push the ball downfield. If healthy, I think he can do that. Probably won't happen anyways, but we're too good of a team to wait 2-3 years for good QB play. 

Embarrassing!

Rap sheet is reporting today that they will be listening to trade offers this offseason.  Bleacher Report followed up with an article today listing five teams as potential landing spots.  The Colts being a team who they think is a Franchise QB away from being a contender and they think Cam could be that missing piece.  They have us giving up our 1st and a 5th rd future pick.  We have plenty of cap space to take on his contract.  Behind our line?  Interesting thought.  

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Rap sheet is reporting today that they will be listening to trade offers this offseason.  Bleacher Report followed up with an article today listing five teams as potential landing spots.  The Colts being a team who they think is a Franchise QB away from being a contender and they think Cam could be that missing piece.  They have us giving up our 1st and a 5th rd future pick.  We have plenty of cap space to take on his contract.  Behind our line?  Interesting thought.  

I read and the writer needs to put the bong down. Cam for a 1st Rounder is hilarious. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 9:09 PM, richard pallo said:

Yeah, I think it's more plausible he signs as a free agent when his contract is voidable this offseason. I would rather have a healthy Cam than a JB. I like Brissett as a guy, his leadership, and his grit... but he's very slow on his reads/decision making which is hard to teach in the NFL. 

7 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah, I think it's more plausible he signs as a free agent when his contract is voidable this offseason. I would rather have a healthy Cam than a JB. I like Brissett as a guy, his leadership, and his grit... but he's very slow on his reads/decision making which is hard to teach in the NFL. 

So, shift to a QB with a below career passing pct of 60%. Lol