Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

Looks like Wilson is gone or about to be

Recommended Posts

I believe he was PFFs most underrated Colt or Colt to look out for in 2019.  Whatever.

 

Something is going on in practice or behind the scenes, I'm guessing.  He wasn't that bad.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he’s been inactive during our losing streak?! Well duh, right there is why we’re losing... :sarcasm:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quincy Wilson turns out to be like Tim Jennings was after he left for Chicago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is more going on behind closed doors.  I don’t think it is also practice habits.

Yeah it would be nice to know what’s going on. I think there are just coaches in this world that once you cross them, you are dead to them regardless of whether you can contribute or not. Wilson certainly wasn’t so bad as to have to be inactive all this time even when we needed help. This season has kind of went just like the Pagano/Grigson era. First year white hot, second season cracks formed and then it just came off the rails. There has to be some internal turmoil somewhere brewing or they have the strategy of do just enough to not look like a tanking job but tank. Idk, I don’t understand it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Depending on Rogers injury he makes sense to dump for another WR.

We have chad Williams in the PS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We have chad Williams in the PS.

That’s fine but someone will have to go to make room for him.  Wilson makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s fine but someone will have to go to make room for him.  Wilson makes sense.

Mathew Adams, Ej Speed. There are plenty of other players you could put on the PS instead of cutting. Especially if you’re bringing someone up. The move doesn’t make since if they are just cutting him. There is definitely something else going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ProblChld32 said:

Mathew Adams, Ej Speed. There are plenty of other players you could put on the PS instead of cutting. Especially if you’re bringing someone up. The move doesn’t make since if they are just cutting him. There is definitely something else going on. 

Speed and Adam’s are the backup line backers in case someone gets hurt and are dressed and playing special teams.  Wilson has dressed once in like six weeks.  He makes sense to let go if you need another body.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be that he was a very negative person at  very negative person. We don't see him in practice perhaps Ballard's had enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is more going on behind closed doors.  I don’t think it is also practice habits.

Where there smoke, there's fire....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He hasn’t been a part of the team for 6+ weeks. Let him go play somewhere else, you obviously don’t like him. We are past the this was a lesson thing. He just wasn’t the worst link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Milligan got roasted today, I guess Wilson figures he could have done that...  Tannehill missed him the first time but came back to it later on the last TD.  Clearly a practice issue & them rewarding Milligan for practicing better because I haven't seen much from him on game days that says he should be playing over Wilson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Speed and Adam’s are the backup line backers in case someone gets hurt and are dressed and playing special teams.  Wilson has dressed once in like six weeks.  He makes sense to let go if you need another body.  

They have literally said anyone in the linebacker core is capable of playing all LB positions. There are also DE we could let go like Muhammad. Once again the move wouldn’t make since if he was caught to bring someone up. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

They have literally said anyone in the linebacker core is capable of playing all LB positions. There are also DE we could let go like Muhammad. Once again the move wouldn’t make since if he was caught to bring someone up. 

Muhammad plays a lot in games (48% of the defensive snaps this seasons per pro football focus) as he’s the main reserve off the bench when guys needs a rest.  You still need the bodies at linebacker.  They have three starters and then a couple of reserves.  They aren’t going to cut either of those guys because of the chance of injury and the fact that the reserves play a big role in special teams.  Franklin MIGHT be expendable if they really had too but cutting guys that play to protect a guy you aren’t even dressing makes no sense.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

The way Milligan got roasted today, I guess Wilson figures he could have done that...  Tannehill missed him the first time but came back to it later on the last TD.  Clearly a practice issue & them rewarding Milligan for practicing better because I haven't seen much from him on game days that says he should be playing over Wilson. 

When Moore went down I bet they wish we still had Taylor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Muhammad plays a lot in games (48% of the defensive snaps this seasons per pro football focus) as he’s the main reserve off the bench when guys needs a rest.  You still need the bodies at linebacker.  They have three starters and then a couple of reserves.  They aren’t going to cut either of those guys because of the chance of injury and the fact that the reserves play a big role in special teams.  Franklin MIGHT be expendable if they really had too but cutting guys that play to protect a guy you aren’t even dressing makes no sense.  


That still leads us to question , Why isn't he dressing? There is something more here with Wilson that we don’t know thats going on behind the scenes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Franklin County said:

 What did your post say? It has been deleted or won't load for me?

Basically said that Quincy Wilson has removed all #Colts posts from his Instagram.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Basically said that Quincy Wilson has removed all #Colts posts from his Instagram.

Well, that does it then, he gone...... Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Basically said that Quincy Wilson has removed all #Colts posts from his Instagram.

Then the rumors about him being immature are probably true. That’s a pretty childish thing to do as a professional athlete. I think maturity has always been an issue with him. Ballard has eluded to it several Times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Then the rumors about him being immature are probably true. That’s a pretty childish thing to do as a professional athlete. I think maturity has always been an issue with him. Ballard has eluded to it several Times.

He didn't just allude to it. He clearly stated it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

He didn't just allude to it. He clearly stated it. 

That’s true. It’s just crazy to think he’s been in the league 3 years and hasn’t grown up. And the Colts have a strong locker room so there’s no excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Wilson, I wanted to draft him and the Colts did. The talent is there, but maybe he doesn't work hard, not sure. Him in the coaches doghouse though goes back to Pagano, and now Reich though HUM!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His online persona reminds me of TJ Green haha we all know how that worked out.

 

But I don’t think Quincy is a bad player. Hopefully he’ll put it all together somewhere else. :hat:

 

Didn’t even realize he deleted his Colts stuff. Big hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does seem like a childish move to delete all of his Colts related posts. But that's on him, the Colts will be just fine without him if we're parting ways. Hopefully he can get his head on straight and find a new team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For as childish as this kid is being depicted, I’ve not seen any social media bashing how the colts have dealt with him all season. I’m not sure many of us stone throwers in our glass houses would be capable of dealing with it. I am pretty certain by now, I’d have spewed something on being handled wrongly, even if I were playing poorly because let’s face it, at this level, the egos 100% believe they are better athletes than the next guy and to admit you are the problem and not them evaluating or coaching, that’s hard for the most professional to accept imho. 
 

what I don’t fully understand here is if this kid is so awful that we won’t dress him regardless of a need over the past however many games, why are we keeping him as opposed to looking at another player to see if that kid is any better? None of this makes any sense in how it’s been handled for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

what I don’t fully understand here is if this kid is so awful that we won’t dress him regardless of a need over the past however many games, why are we keeping him as opposed to looking at another player to see if that kid is any better? None of this makes any sense in how it’s been handled for me. 

Because he was a 2nd round draft pick. Probably hard for a GM to cut them like that. Ballard has also expressed that he understands that Quincy is young and that he feels like he personally should of done a better job of preparing him to be a pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

He didn't just allude to it. He clearly stated it. 


Yup.   First, the former DC said it publicly.  
 

Then Pagano himself said so.

 

Then Ballard publicly said so.

 

Then Wilson himself confirmed it all, and even then there were posters who wouldn’t believe it.   They just wouldn’t accept the truth.   Oh well...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...