Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season high on offense

Restinpeacesweetchloe

4 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

That's pathetic.....the passing game has been the foundation for this team for years yeah it's nice to have run game not complaining about that but the reason this offense hasn't been consistent because we don't pass it enough frank has to fix it or it will be a disaster

Today he did pass enough because the Titans completely shut the running game down.  The problem was his QB made two costly INTs on balls he shouldn’t have thrown.  Add in a fumble and the kicking game issues and thats too much to over come.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

That's pathetic.....the passing game has been the foundation for this team for years yeah it's nice to have run game not complaining about that but the reason this offense hasn't been consistent because we don't pass it enough frank has to fix it or it will be a disaster

No. The passing game had 319 yards. I’d anything we didn’t run well enough.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It was nice to see Wilkens get in and play well.  He eventually became the No1. RB today after Williams was benched.  His pass blocking could use some work though. 

You have to feed Williams he is one of those backs that gets stronger the more carries he gets 8 carries wow.

47 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

He's a veteran QB(JB) and can't stay consistent.  Look at the rookies and 2nd year QB, they're light years ahead of JB.  We need a new QB period.period...

Agreed JB sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbear said:

JB did some good things today.  I hope the INT's don't scare him back into making those throws down field.  

He's made some pinpoint down-the-field throws this year, but today, those were terrible throws/decisions.

To win with Brissett, I think you almost have to play the way Frank has played with him this season and just take a timely shot here and there.  If Brissett turns the ball over, there just isn't enough good to overcome the mistakes.  It's not like Luck.  If Luck turns the ball over, he can get into hurry up and score 10 points in 6 minutes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s kind of crazy when everyone wanted Jacoby to throw downfield and he does with 319 yards he kills us with INT.

There has to be some nuance.  Yes, we want Jacoby to throw downfield more.

But we also don't want him to throw wildly into double and triple coverage, either.  There's got to be a middle ground. 

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s kind of crazy when everyone wanted Jacoby to throw downfield and he does with 319 yards he kills us with INT.

I don't remember asking JB to throw the ball to the other team downfield. I don't want him to throw off his back foot, lofting the ball in the air to no one in particular. I want him to make plays downfield.

By the way, 43 attempts yesterday. Only 3 went more than 20 yards. He was 1/3 for 25 yards with a pick. 

We're getting to the point where it's pretty obvious that JB doesn't throw the ball down field because he knows he's not good at it.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't remember asking JB to throw the ball to the other team downfield. I don't want him to throw off his back foot, lofting the ball in the air to no one in particular. I want him to make plays downfield.

By the way, 43 attempts yesterday. Only 3 went more than 20 yards. He was 1/3 for 25 yards with a pick. 

We're getting to the point where it's pretty obvious that JB doesn't throw the ball down field because he knows he's not good at it.

Opposing defenses have also figured this out.