Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly time


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not being irrational over things we have no control over is called "being a rational human being"

You are just like Patriot fans. when all else fails, start giving people grammar lessons, spelling checks and throwing out 10 dollar sayings. I would say I'm pretty rational, you bought the tickets.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably not until mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.    Not to mention the contract they gave JB, makes the management look bad, if they admit they made a mistake.

The irony of this post is mind boggling

There's a lot of reasons Chad doesn't need to be starting, but this once immature always immature mentality you have is really a bunch of nonsense.  We all make mistakes and if we were held responsibl

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He stinks..he won't even be on the team next year

 

That is pretty good. Kelly hasn't played, but he stinks. JB plays and stinks the place up, but he deserves to play until he improves. It's a good thing you guys are good at sod busting. otherwise the country would be in trouble.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Never been to a game I assume. It's a huge building.   Getting a chant going amongst a smattering of fans is highly unlikely 

You have to realize some of the people that post in here have never been to a game, I have been to around 50 games which the #50 is older than a lot of people post in here. Just ignore it my friend. JB isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I doubt outside of Indy or people that do not follow the team could name 1 WR we played today. The other day at work I had mentioned to someone that Ebron was out for the season to a person that actually follows the Colts a little and he said damn now we have no TE's. I said Doyle, he said who? No kidding haha .

 

It is sad that TY, Ebron, Mack, and Campbell could not have been healthy this year and stayed healthy. I am 99% certain that if that was so, with JB we would be 8-4 right now. With Luck probably 10-2 IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have to realize some of the people that post in here have never been to a game, I have been to around 50 games which the #50 is older than a lot of people post in here. Just ignore it my friend. JB isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I doubt outside of Indy or people that do not follow the team could name 1 WR we played today. The other day at work I had mentioned to someone that Ebron was out for the season to a person that actually follows the Colts a little and he said damn now we have no TE's. I said Doyle, he said who? No kidding haha .

 

It is sad that TY, Ebron, Mack, and Campbell could not have been healthy this year and stayed healthy. I am 99% certain that if that was so, with JB we would be 8-4 right now. With Luck probably 10-2 IMO.

To follow this up I truly believe JB isn't 100% = knee, I seen him limping a lot today, TY isn't either. I would just rest both the rest of the season now. The loss today pretty much ended our season and Pitt even won. I would actually like to see what Chad Kelly has at this point. 

 

Regarding JB, his contract is very team friendly so he isn't overpaid at all to the people that think he is. His contract also expires at the end of next year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MPStack said:


Probably not until mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 
 

Not to mention the contract they gave JB, makes the management look bad, if they admit they made a mistake.

Also we need to keep losing to get better pick we cant risk that by giving Kelly a chance. What if he starting winning us the games not only it will make management bad but also risk us out from having top picks lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Also we need to keep losing to get better pick we cant risk that by giving Kelly a chance. What if he starting winning us the games not only it will make management bad but also risk us out from having top picks lol


I’m not a fan of losing games. 
 

QB, is a serious problem for the Colts moving forward. 
 

I don’t think C. Kelly is the guy. 
 

C. Ballard can get a QB in the 2020 draft, regardless of where the Colts pick. Is he willing to give up some serious draft picks to do so? That’s the question. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

That is pretty good. Kelly hasn't played, but he stinks. JB plays and stinks the place up, but he deserves to play until he improves. It's a good thing you guys are good at sod busting. otherwise the country would be in trouble.

Nether JB or CK are starting QB material. CK stinks...he was only given a second chance because Jim K and Frank are tight. He won't be on the team next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MPStack said:


I’m not a fan of losing games. 
 

QB, is a serious problem for the Colts moving forward. 
 

I don’t think C. Kelly is the guy. 
 

C. Ballard can get a QB in the 2020 draft, regardless of where the Colts pick. Is he willing to give up some serious draft picks to do so? That’s the question. 
 

 

He may need to trade up to get his guy. I can see 3 or 4 guys going early that is the NFL way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Nether JB or CK are starting QB material. CK stinks...he was only given a second chance because Jim K and Frank are tight. He won't be on the team next year.

There is nothing directly out there that supports the CK stinks narrative. At most you can only fall back on the "he was drafted late" or "nobody picked him up off waivers", and both of those are easily explained away with the history of behavior. 

 

Everything he's shown publicly is limited to pre season, and he didn't stink then. 

 

Not saying he's going to turn out to be anything, but to say he stinks without seeing him perform with starters is simply a hot take. Unless you've been there to see him all year at practice and have seen something different??

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Indy_Mike said:

Season ticket holder for 17 years son....they already were chanting for Kelly, many were chanting for him during the Miami fiasco, try to keep up!

 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/11/10/brian-hoyers-rough-first-half-prompts-chants-chad-kelly/2557751001/

It was because of Hoyer who stinks. I have never heard anyone boo JB though. I would like to see what Chad Kelly has now. Season is over IMO. See my post above, I have been to 50 games roughly but I haven't been since 2013. I watch every game however.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Season ticket holder for 17 years son....they already were chanting for Kelly, many were chanting for him during the Miami fiasco, try to keep up!

 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/11/10/brian-hoyers-rough-first-half-prompts-chants-chad-kelly/2557751001/

LOL...

Good catch. My cousin mentioned this too, but didn't want to mention it unless I could find the article. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There is nothing directly out there that supports the CK stinks narrative. At most you can only fall back on the "he was drafted late" or "nobody picked him up off waivers", and both of those are easily explained away with the history of behavior. 

 

Everything he's shown publicly is limited to pre season, and he didn't stink then. 

 

Not saying he's going to turn out to be anything, but to say he stinks without seeing him perform with starters is simply a hot take. Unless you've been there to see him all year at practice and have seen something different??

 Im with you on this, CK might be a dumpster fire, but lets find out before the draft. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There is nothing directly out there that supports the CK stinks narrative. At most you can only fall back on the "he was drafted late" or "nobody picked him up off waivers", and both of those are easily explained away with the history of behavior. 

 

Everything he's shown publicly is limited to pre season, and he didn't stink then. 

 

Not saying he's going to turn out to be anything, but to say he stinks without seeing him perform with starters is simply a hot take. Unless you've been there to see him all year at practice and have seen something different??

He won't play a single down this year and won't be on the team next year. He may be on someone else's practice squad next year if he's lucky and stays out of jail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He may need to trade up to get his guy. I can see 3 or 4 guys going early that is the NFL way.


I’d have no issues with it, because I’m not delusional thinking J. Love in the 2nd Rd is automatic and he’s a Franchise QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To follow this up I truly believe JB isn't 100% = knee, I seen him limping a lot today, TY isn't either. I would just rest both the rest of the season now. The loss today pretty much ended our season and Pitt even won. I would actually like to see what Chad Kelly has at this point. 

 

Regarding JB, his contract is very team friendly so he isn't overpaid at all to the people that think he is. His contract also expires at the end of next year.

If Jacoby made his knee worse it would be a good out to see what Kelly has. They will never think of him as the starter next year but maybe as a backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Jacoby made his knee worse it would be a good out to see what Kelly has. They will never think of him as the starter next year but maybe as a backup.

JB took a hit in the 2nd Qtr and grabbed his knee but got up quickly like he was trying to hide it, Then he was limping a lot in the 2nd half. Just silly stuff I notice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Season ticket holder for 17 years son....they already were chanting for Kelly, many were chanting for him during the Miami fiasco, try to keep up!

 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/11/10/brian-hoyers-rough-first-half-prompts-chants-chad-kelly/2557751001/

I was at that game.   I heard no Chad chants

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

You are just like Patriot fans. when all else fails, start giving people grammar lessons, spelling checks and throwing out 10 dollar sayings. I would say I'm pretty rational, you bought the tickets.

I did buy the tickets,   and will continue to do so.   I still don't get irrational about things I can't control

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

Well...... you all booed Andrew Luck.

Yes... I am ashamed to say that I was one of the people that did boo Luck. He disappointed me. 

But I also buy Colts season tickets and bought Lucks jersey twice....

So.. I think ol Luck and Irsay prolly forgive me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I did buy the tickets,   and will continue to do so.   I still don't get irrational about things I can't control

I always bought tickets too, never had season tickets. Just went to 2 games a year with friends for around 20 years. Fun times. In the 80's/early 90's I went with my parents to see a few games too. The 1 road game I went too was at Chicago in 2004, we blew them out. Peyton and Edge dominated, Bears fans were friendly to my friends and I that day and funny. They were in awe at how great we were. I was even drinking beers with them lmao . It was cold that day but not real bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Take it up with the Indy Star!

 

Must be hard going through life never being able to be wrong...good luck!

So you are a season ticket holder,   and you didn't hear the chants yet you believe there were chants because the indy star said so. 

 

 

Seems legit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just play the guy (Kelly) for a few games so Ballard and Reich know what he can do. If he fails, they have the info. If he plays well, they have the info.

At least they will know what to do in next year's draft.

All the Brissett supporters seem afraid to let Kelly have a few chances lest he send their boy back to the backup role.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was because of Hoyer who stinks. I have never heard anyone boo JB though. I would like to see what Chad Kelly has now. Season is over IMO. See my post above, I have been to 50 games roughly but I haven't been since 2013. I watch every game however.

I'm not buying that it was Hoyer stinking that drove the CK chants. There's a lot of people that follow college FB, and those that do remember his prolific time and the wins he had vs Bama. You may not appreciate what he did in college, but he had some pretty epic times, and I'm sure there a part of the base that simply want to see what he has. It's easier to chant though when Hoyer is playing, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear more as the season winds down and folks get more irritated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Just play the guy (Kelly) for a few games so Ballard and Reich know what he can do. If he fails, they have the info. If he plays well, they have the info.

At least they will know what to do in next year's draft.

All the Brissett supporters seem afraid to let Kelly have a few chances lest he send their boy back to the backup role.

 

Im a huge JB fan

 

But......

 

The second half, the guy had some holes........  I WANT him to succeed, but I just dont see it

 

But......

 

I agree with you...... Why NOT give CK a game or two.......  This year

 

Then..... you may have a better understanding if he could play the game

 

If he SUCKETH........   you cut him......

 

But........

 

I'm betting 90%, that our QB that takes us to the next level...... Is NOT on the team today

 

Bring in Love, in the second round, or trade back from 15-16 to 20, pick up a 3rd and get Love with that 20th pick

 

I dont see Love lasting till our first pick in 2nd

 

Lets see how he tests out........

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not buying that it was Hoyer stinking that drove the CK chants. There's a lot of people that follow college FB, and those that do remember his prolific time and the wins he had vs Bama. You may not appreciate what he did in college, but he had some pretty epic times, and I'm sure there a part of the base that simply want to see what he has. It's easier to chant though when Hoyer is playing, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear more as the season winds down and folks get more irritated.

Read some of my other posts. I think the season is over now so I am for putting in Chad. Might as well see what he has.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bigponcho said:

 Im with you on this, CK might be a dumpster fire, but lets find out before the draft. 

A good dumpster fire can be fun lol.... And honestly, if we're out of the playoff race, what's the harm (except for the bad optics with JB). At best, he shows something. At worst he bombs and we have a better draft pick. Regardless I think they start JB out of respect for the rest of the season. I do think we'll see packages or late game appearances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Just play the guy (Kelly) for a few games so Ballard and Reich know what he can do. If he fails, they have the info. If he plays well, they have the info.

At least they will know what to do in next year's draft.

All the Brissett supporters seem afraid to let Kelly have a few chances lest he send their boy back to the backup role.

 

I am all for giving him a chance the last couple of games to evaluate him as a backup next year. Not a starter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind seeing what Kelly can do, but it's not going to happen.  Brissett is not the answer IMO, but he hasn't been bad enough to be benched, especially when you're still alive for a playoff spot.  

 

To be honest, I'm not sure how Kelly ever gets on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I haven't been a season ticket holder since 2015...you are the one that said you didn't hear them. I'm not sure why we're are even arguing about it?

Because i was there and didn't hear it.   Pretty simple

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am all for giving him a chance the last couple of games to evaluate him as a backup next year. Not a starter.

But what happens if he plays better than JB has?

 

You just don't evaluate a guy to be depth unless you have a sure thing all pro type in front of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

But what happens if he plays better than JB has?

 

You just don't evaluate a guy to be depth unless you have a sure thing all pro type in front of him.

I would rather draft our future. But I get what you are saying if he can give you a year next year as a starter. I think I would just rather start our rookie. Once we draft the rookie it’s over for chad getting the further starting job.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Unless of Fields  slips to 15 ish (I doubt it) I dont think we are going QB  in round 1 this year.... we are WAY TOO FAR back to trade up Also Lance had ONE year of college ball against 2nd level teams..... He isnt starting on a win now ready team at leaset for 1-2 years
    • Hey man..   I hope that you are right   If he would have had a camp this past year, Eason MIGHT have been ready   My hope is he has someone to compete against or if we bring in a FA that can Play for 3-5 years, he can hold a clipboard and be the next starting QB    
    • It's common knowledge that so far Luck has sucked? I know you can't link a podcast...but do you have any other links that talk about Love sucking? The last time I heard anything to that effect was during TC.   All I have found since that time (regarding Love's development) was an article from October...where Rodgers said Love was doing well...learning and opening up. And then another from a month ago that GB was pleased with his progress.    The narrative about adding GB hurting because they drafted Love should be dead...as they get ready to enter the NFCCG. And with Rodgers playing at an MVP level...it's impossible to know how Love will turn out because we won't see him in a Packer uniform for a couple of years at least.  
    • They are still in first round interview mode. I'd expect that to continue assuming they want to interview guys still in the playoffs. Keep in mind the Texans had to get special approval to interview Bieniemy when they did, because they failed to interview him on the off week. They can't interview him again till they are done (unless they seek a waiver from the NFL again).   Purely my opinion, but I think it's simple to me.   If Watson stays, Bieniemy will be the HC. Anyone other than Bieniemy is a signal that Watson is gone. That assumes though that there are teams willing to mortgage their future...   
    • TO's stats absolutely warranted first ballot... but he had antics on the field (e.g., the Dallas Star incident, spitting in DeAngelo Hall's face) and was also a cry-baby who was often in conflict with the media and front offices of teams he played on, and thought by many to be a subpar teammate (at least for portions of his career).  He also did other things (e.g., the Desparate Housewives skit before MNF, OD on pain meds) which made him unpopular with the media, who are ultimately who vote players into the HOF.   Marvin also deserved to be a 1st ballot HOFer.  Although he got in before TO, I firmly believe Marv's alleged shooting incidents and the allegations of him punching a younger fan at a pro-bowl game were held against him in voting.  I know it's said that the HOF is for what players did on the field, and off field stuff shouldn't come into play -- but it's voted on by people (i.e., sports writers) and there surely is some sort of human element that goes into the vote casting process.     You're right... Reggie will get in, just a matter of when.  While I do think some of Marv's off-field issues hindered him, there were also guys like Andre Reed (who had been eligible for almost a decade) and Tim Brown who were waiting to get into the HOF... both deserving HOFers who got overlooked previous years as guys like Jerry Rice and Cris Carter got in.   While I think the main knock on Reggie will be that he was WR#2 to Marvin for a decent part of his career, and the fact he wasn't all-decade team and only a 1x First-team All Pro (and 2x 2nd team).  That said, he's one of the most prolific WRs in NFL history and has some of the best post-season stats of any WR in NFL history.  Megatron definitely was a physical freak who changed the game, but his career was not long enough to put him in the record books like Reggie (who is top 10 in just about every category and top 5 in several post-season categories).  The only other WR on the ballot is Torry Holt who is a 2x finalist -- Reggie has more all-pro appearances, 1 less probowl than Holt, though Reggie has more yards, TDs and receptions.  They both have 1 SB ring, with Reggie having greater post-season success with individual stats, and Holt was 2nd team 2000s all-decade which Reggie wasn't.  Holt was also 2nd fiddle to Isaac Bruce for a decent part of his career.   Not making any guarantees, but compared to the WR classes when Marv and TO were finalists (including guys like Reed and Tim Brown who had been on the wait-list for a while) as well as studs across the board (e.g., Jerome Bettis, Derrick Brooks, Michael Strahan, Aeneas Williams, Junior Seau, WIll Shields, Favre, Orlando Pace, etc..).... I think this class is pretty weak.  After Peyton and Woodson, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't see any guy in this class who clearly deserves to be a HOFer more than Reggie does.      He has to retired first and if he keeps taking his Benjamin Button diet, that may not happen.
  • Members

    • Mindmaster

      Mindmaster 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tvturner

      tvturner 196

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DoubleE Colt

      DoubleE Colt 36

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • austriancolt

      austriancolt 87

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fisticuffs111

      Fisticuffs111 1,965

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • legend300

      legend300 63

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fourstar40

      Fourstar40 16

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AustinnKaine

      AustinnKaine 277

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 8,681

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Douzer

      Douzer 512

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...