Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly time

mirobi48

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not being irrational over things we have no control over is called "being a rational human being"

You are just like Patriot fans. when all else fails, start giving people grammar lessons, spelling checks and throwing out 10 dollar sayings. I would say I'm pretty rational, you bought the tickets.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He stinks..he won't even be on the team next year

That is pretty good. Kelly hasn't played, but he stinks. JB plays and stinks the place up, but he deserves to play until he improves. It's a good thing you guys are good at sod busting. otherwise the country would be in trouble.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Never been to a game I assume. It's a huge building.   Getting a chant going amongst a smattering of fans is highly unlikely 

You have to realize some of the people that post in here have never been to a game, I have been to around 50 games which the #50 is older than a lot of people post in here. Just ignore it my friend. JB isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I doubt outside of Indy or people that do not follow the team could name 1 WR we played today. The other day at work I had mentioned to someone that Ebron was out for the season to a person that actually follows the Colts a little and he said damn now we have no TE's. I said Doyle, he said who? No kidding haha .

It is sad that TY, Ebron, Mack, and Campbell could not have been healthy this year and stayed healthy. I am 99% certain that if that was so, with JB we would be 8-4 right now. With Luck probably 10-2 IMO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have to realize some of the people that post in here have never been to a game, I have been to around 50 games which the #50 is older than a lot of people post in here. Just ignore it my friend. JB isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I doubt outside of Indy or people that do not follow the team could name 1 WR we played today. The other day at work I had mentioned to someone that Ebron was out for the season to a person that actually follows the Colts a little and he said damn now we have no TE's. I said Doyle, he said who? No kidding haha .

It is sad that TY, Ebron, Mack, and Campbell could not have been healthy this year and stayed healthy. I am 99% certain that if that was so, with JB we would be 8-4 right now. With Luck probably 10-2 IMO.

To follow this up I truly believe JB isn't 100% = knee, I seen him limping a lot today, TY isn't either. I would just rest both the rest of the season now. The loss today pretty much ended our season and Pitt even won. I would actually like to see what Chad Kelly has at this point. 

Regarding JB, his contract is very team friendly so he isn't overpaid at all to the people that think he is. His contract also expires at the end of next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Probably not until mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

Not to mention the contract they gave JB, makes the management look bad, if they admit they made a mistake.

Also we need to keep losing to get better pick we cant risk that by giving Kelly a chance. What if he starting winning us the games not only it will make management bad but also risk us out from having top picks lol

1 minute ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Also we need to keep losing to get better pick we cant risk that by giving Kelly a chance. What if he starting winning us the games not only it will make management bad but also risk us out from having top picks lol

I’m not a fan of losing games. 

QB, is a serious problem for the Colts moving forward. 

I don’t think C. Kelly is the guy. 

C. Ballard can get a QB in the 2020 draft, regardless of where the Colts pick. Is he willing to give up some serious draft picks to do so? That’s the question. 

15 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

That is pretty good. Kelly hasn't played, but he stinks. JB plays and stinks the place up, but he deserves to play until he improves. It's a good thing you guys are good at sod busting. otherwise the country would be in trouble.

Nether JB or CK are starting QB material. CK stinks...he was only given a second chance because Jim K and Frank are tight. He won't be on the team next year.

5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I’m not a fan of losing games. 

QB, is a serious problem for the Colts moving forward. 

I don’t think C. Kelly is the guy. 

C. Ballard can get a QB in the 2020 draft, regardless of where the Colts pick. Is he willing to give up some serious draft picks to do so? That’s the question. 

He may need to trade up to get his guy. I can see 3 or 4 guys going early that is the NFL way.

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

Season ticket holder for 17 years son....they already were chanting for Kelly, many were chanting for him during the Miami fiasco, try to keep up!

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/11/10/brian-hoyers-rough-first-half-prompts-chants-chad-kelly/2557751001/

Yeah right...the chants were deafening....lol

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Nether JB or CK are starting QB material. CK stinks...he was only given a second chance because Jim K and Frank are tight. He won't be on the team next year.

There is nothing directly out there that supports the CK stinks narrative. At most you can only fall back on the "he was drafted late" or "nobody picked him up off waivers", and both of those are easily explained away with the history of behavior. 

Everything he's shown publicly is limited to pre season, and he didn't stink then. 

Not saying he's going to turn out to be anything, but to say he stinks without seeing him perform with starters is simply a hot take. Unless you've been there to see him all year at practice and have seen something different??

• Like 2

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

Season ticket holder for 17 years son....they already were chanting for Kelly, many were chanting for him during the Miami fiasco, try to keep up!

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/11/10/brian-hoyers-rough-first-half-prompts-chants-chad-kelly/2557751001/

It was because of Hoyer who stinks. I have never heard anyone boo JB though. I would like to see what Chad Kelly has now. Season is over IMO. See my post above, I have been to 50 games roughly but I haven't been since 2013. I watch every game however.

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

LOL...

Good catch. My cousin mentioned this too, but didn't want to mention it unless I could find the article. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There is nothing directly out there that supports the CK stinks narrative. At most you can only fall back on the "he was drafted late" or "nobody picked him up off waivers", and both of those are easily explained away with the history of behavior. 

Everything he's shown publicly is limited to pre season, and he didn't stink then. 

Not saying he's going to turn out to be anything, but to say he stinks without seeing him perform with starters is simply a hot take. Unless you've been there to see him all year at practice and have seen something different??

Im with you on this, CK might be a dumpster fire, but lets find out before the draft. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He won't play a single down this year and won't be on the team next year. He may be on someone else's practice squad next year if he's lucky and stays out of jail.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He may need to trade up to get his guy. I can see 3 or 4 guys going early that is the NFL way.

I’d have no issues with it, because I’m not delusional thinking J. Love in the 2nd Rd is automatic and he’s a Franchise QB. 

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To follow this up I truly believe JB isn't 100% = knee, I seen him limping a lot today, TY isn't either. I would just rest both the rest of the season now. The loss today pretty much ended our season and Pitt even won. I would actually like to see what Chad Kelly has at this point. 

Regarding JB, his contract is very team friendly so he isn't overpaid at all to the people that think he is. His contract also expires at the end of next year.

If Jacoby made his knee worse it would be a good out to see what Kelly has. They will never think of him as the starter next year but maybe as a backup.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Jacoby made his knee worse it would be a good out to see what Kelly has. They will never think of him as the starter next year but maybe as a backup.

JB took a hit in the 2nd Qtr and grabbed his knee but got up quickly like he was trying to hide it, Then he was limping a lot in the 2nd half. Just silly stuff I notice.

20 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I was at that game.   I heard no Chad chants

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

You are just like Patriot fans. when all else fails, start giving people grammar lessons, spelling checks and throwing out 10 dollar sayings. I would say I'm pretty rational, you bought the tickets.

I did buy the tickets,   and will continue to do so.   I still don't get irrational about things I can't control

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

Well...... you all booed Andrew Luck.

Yes... I am ashamed to say that I was one of the people that did boo Luck. He disappointed me. 

But I also buy Colts season tickets and bought Lucks jersey twice....

So.. I think ol Luck and Irsay prolly forgive me. 

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I did buy the tickets,   and will continue to do so.   I still don't get irrational about things I can't control

I always bought tickets too, never had season tickets. Just went to 2 games a year with friends for around 20 years. Fun times. In the 80's/early 90's I went with my parents to see a few games too. The 1 road game I went too was at Chicago in 2004, we blew them out. Peyton and Edge dominated, Bears fans were friendly to my friends and I that day and funny. They were in awe at how great we were. I was even drinking beers with them lmao . It was cold that day but not real bad. 

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Take it up with the Indy Star!

Must be hard going through life never being able to be wrong...good luck!

So you are a season ticket holder,   and you didn't hear the chants yet you believe there were chants because the indy star said so. 

Seems legit

Just play the guy (Kelly) for a few games so Ballard and Reich know what he can do. If he fails, they have the info. If he plays well, they have the info.

At least they will know what to do in next year's draft.

All the Brissett supporters seem afraid to let Kelly have a few chances lest he send their boy back to the backup role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was because of Hoyer who stinks. I have never heard anyone boo JB though. I would like to see what Chad Kelly has now. Season is over IMO. See my post above, I have been to 50 games roughly but I haven't been since 2013. I watch every game however.

I'm not buying that it was Hoyer stinking that drove the CK chants. There's a lot of people that follow college FB, and those that do remember his prolific time and the wins he had vs Bama. You may not appreciate what he did in college, but he had some pretty epic times, and I'm sure there a part of the base that simply want to see what he has. It's easier to chant though when Hoyer is playing, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear more as the season winds down and folks get more irritated.

23 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Just play the guy (Kelly) for a few games so Ballard and Reich know what he can do. If he fails, they have the info. If he plays well, they have the info.

All the Brissett supporters seem afraid to let Kelly have a few chances lest he send their boy back to the backup role.

Im a huge JB fan

But......

The second half, the guy had some holes........  I WANT him to succeed, but I just dont see it

But......

I agree with you...... Why NOT give CK a game or two.......  This year

Then..... you may have a better understanding if he could play the game

If he SUCKETH........   you cut him......

But........

I'm betting 90%, that our QB that takes us to the next level...... Is NOT on the team today

Bring in Love, in the second round, or trade back from 15-16 to 20, pick up a 3rd and get Love with that 20th pick

I dont see Love lasting till our first pick in 2nd

Lets see how he tests out........

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not buying that it was Hoyer stinking that drove the CK chants. There's a lot of people that follow college FB, and those that do remember his prolific time and the wins he had vs Bama. You may not appreciate what he did in college, but he had some pretty epic times, and I'm sure there a part of the base that simply want to see what he has. It's easier to chant though when Hoyer is playing, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear more as the season winds down and folks get more irritated.

Read some of my other posts. I think the season is over now so I am for putting in Chad. Might as well see what he has.

54 minutes ago, Bigponcho said:

Im with you on this, CK might be a dumpster fire, but lets find out before the draft. 

A good dumpster fire can be fun lol.... And honestly, if we're out of the playoff race, what's the harm (except for the bad optics with JB). At best, he shows something. At worst he bombs and we have a better draft pick. Regardless I think they start JB out of respect for the rest of the season. I do think we'll see packages or late game appearances. 

23 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

I am all for giving him a chance the last couple of games to evaluate him as a backup next year. Not a starter.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Kelly can do, but it's not going to happen.  Brissett is not the answer IMO, but he hasn't been bad enough to be benched, especially when you're still alive for a playoff spot.  

To be honest, I'm not sure how Kelly ever gets on the field.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am all for giving him a chance the last couple of games to evaluate him as a backup next year. Not a starter.

But what happens if he plays better than JB has?

You just don't evaluate a guy to be depth unless you have a sure thing all pro type in front of him.

Just now, EastStreet said:

But what happens if he plays better than JB has?

You just don't evaluate a guy to be depth unless you have a sure thing all pro type in front of him.

I would rather draft our future. But I get what you are saying if he can give you a year next year as a starter. I think I would just rather start our rookie. Once we draft the rookie it’s over for chad getting the further starting job.