Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It is more Randall Cunningham arm like, IMO, but yes, he has to see them and hit them. But that is true of every QB-WR. He does lead them to the right shoulders in short throws, if you look closely at them. He uses every bit of his physical talents to the max. and even on that drop by Darwin Thompson, the RB who did not turn around for a hot read throw that hit him in his back, the QB read was right, the throw was right, but his RB was not on the same page because he was a rookie. Those are things I am curious to see get better with time with Mahomes as QB as he works with rookies too.    It is like the long ball in baseball, everyone gets enamored with them but the base hits move the sticks, like first downs in football. Because Mahomes hits the long balls, they overshadow a lot of things he does underneath. For a 2nd year guy to build chemistry with Kelce who is thrown to as he comes out of the break, even that Tyreek Hill drop that he came out of the break, and same with Sammy Watkins for a crucial first down late in the game, he is still learning the position and I see improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 where he leads them right, IMO. So, no, the WRs are not wide open every single time till he manufactures time by moving back or moving sideways. It is like 10 yards back or 5 yards lateral, before a 30 yard throw for a 20 yard completion, that is his style, LOL. It is an adjustment for traditionalists, IMO, but once you adjust, it is enjoyable. At least it is to me.
    • What a horrible first round pick. DE is no where near our biggest need, and not only that, but this would be a huge reach. Matos is very raw and could easily be had in the mid 2nd round.    Indy needs to go DT, WR, or QB round 1. Possibly LT if Costanzo were to retire. 
    • I can agree with you that we have to get the DT spot fixed one way or the other and I personally don’t care if it’s our first draft pick or best FA DT on the board that fits our scheme. If we don’t fix that space, our defense is not going to hold scoring teams enough at bay and getting avg to above avg play from our QB will not be adequate enough. Prime Manning and Harrison and Edge ain’t coming back nor is Luck so I say we resolve the defense first as we look to improve the QB spot and develop it.    and for the love of god, can we use more power scheme blocking for our offensive line and less zone type crap. We have a few maulers, let’s use that to run over people. 
    • I was thinking about that too. I could only think of the Rams (greatest show on turf) beating the Titans, but I don't remember if the defense was that special. But then pats turning around and beating the Rams the next year. I think their D was tough that year - but again I can't remember.    I think the 49'ers are going to stop KC. 49'ers Defense is nasty!    I love that football is fun to watch again - since the pats aren't in it. 
    • San Francisco seems to have the more balanced team and has made fewer mistakes than Kansas City. I would take Shanahan's coaching over Reid's. (Not an Andy Reid fan, though really can't explain why-it just is.) Besides, Garoppolo is easy on the eyes. So, taking the 49ers.    Something will be missing in this year's Superbowl, though. Oh yeah, no Patriots. 
  • Members