Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
mirobi48

Chad Kelly time

Recommended Posts

The Colts are not going to do that. I’m pretty sure they have proven that already. They LOVE JB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly was inactive today...my guess is they don't want to hear fans chant KELLY from the stands? It will be interesting to see if Kelly is inactive when Carolina comes to town!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice to find out under game situations where they stand with how Kelly will be if given a chance. Too many people on this forum have a man crush or are afraid of being labled wrongly for wanting a better option at QB. They will jump all over the kicker with no problem.

The time has come to fish or cut bait for the coaching staff. Do what is best for the team and move forward. I think the head coach knows they spent to much money on Brissett and Hoyer.

He wasn't even allowed to hire his own coordinators. I'm sure if he had his way, Vinny would be gone too.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I get wanting to see what the kid can do and once the Colts are officially eliminated you might very well see that but I don’t think he’s going to be anything close to the answer people want him to be.  

 

He won a backup job in Denver but couldn’t win the starting job over one of the worst starting QBs in the league.  Every team in the league has had multiple chances to sign him, even after he had a good pre-season and some teams were in desperate need of a QB and passed.  

 

I seriously doubt he’s going to be much better than Jacoby and even if he is I think it will be fools gold and you will see him struggle once other teams get film on him.  

 

I get wanting him to be better and be the answer but I doubt he is.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we lose to the Bucs, I would imagine that we'd be seeing Kelly in some game action to finish the year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

The Colts are not going to do that. I’m pretty sure they have proven that already. They LOVE JB

Cause our staff is Brain Dead.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MPStack said:


Probably not until mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 
 

Not to mention the contract they gave JB, makes the management look bad, if they admit they made a mistake.

I don't remember the specifics of his contract, but I'm pretty sure it is easy to get out of and he could be cut after this season with minimal financial impact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Kelly was inactive today...my guess is they don't want to hear fans chant KELLY from the stands? It will be interesting to see if Kelly is inactive when Carolina comes to town!

Have you ever been to a home colts game?  The fans would not be chanting against a player.    Our fans aren't like that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

I don't remember the specifics of his contract, but I'm pretty sure it is easy to get out of and he could be cut after this season with minimal financial impact


Basically a year extension, but he got a substantial raise. 
 

Personally, I would have waited till the end of the season, before resigning him, because it wasn’t like JB was going to hold out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MPStack said:


Probably not until mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 
 

Not to mention the contract they gave JB, makes the management look bad, if they admit they made a mistake.

Think of this one moment. A fan spends a fortune for season tickets. He gets to watch crappy football, food is expensive, fight the traffic home. The team is not going to get any better because Management is afraid to look bad after making bad decisions. WOW! I guess you all bought your tickets before Luck left the building. I hope the food is good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Cause our staff is Brain Dead.

The irony of this post is mind boggling

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

It would be nice to find out under game situations where they stand with how Kelly will be if given a chance. Too many people on this forum have a man crush or are afraid of being labled wrongly for wanting a better option at QB. They will jump all over the kicker with no problem.

The time has come to fish or cut bait for the coaching staff. Do what is best for the team and move forward. I think the head coach knows they spent to much money on Brissett and Hoyer.

He wasn't even allowed to hire his own coordinators. I'm sure if he had his way, Vinny would be gone too.

Must be too * to think clearly.  Reich has hired coaches he wants, including his OC i think?  If not, he clearly gets along with Sirianni, and doesn't really mind flus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

Think of this one moment. A fan spends a fortune for season tickets. He gets to watch crappy football, food is expensive, fight the traffic home. The team is not going to get any better because Management is afraid to look bad after making bad decisions. WOW! I guess you all bought your tickets before Luck left the building. I hope the food is good?


I will say this, Luck chucking the ball during camp in front of the fans was “dead wrong” if he even had a notion, he was retiring. That goes for everyone up top as well. 
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would’ve two too many Kelly’s on the field that’s why he was inactive. Would be nice to see the Kelly & Kelly connection lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

It would be nice to find out under game situations where they stand with how Kelly will be if given a chance. Too many people on this forum have a man crush or are afraid of being labled wrongly for wanting a better option at QB. They will jump all over the kicker with no problem.

The time has come to fish or cut bait for the coaching staff. Do what is best for the team and move forward. I think the head coach knows they spent to much money on Brissett and Hoyer.

He wasn't even allowed to hire his own coordinators. I'm sure if he had his way, Vinny would be gone too.

A lot of assumptions in this post,  some of which are clearly wrong.   Siriani and Strausser are both Frank hires

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

The Colts are not going to do that. I’m pretty sure they have proven that already. They LOVE JB

And Adam V:explode:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:


I will say this, Luck chucking the ball during camp in front of the fans was “dead wrong” if he even had a notion, he was retiring. That goes for everyone up top as well. 
 

 

Luck said he didn't make the decision until he hurt his ankle,   and didn't tell the front office until close to the preseason game he announced it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Luck said he didn't make the decision until he hurt his ankle,   and didn't tell the front office until close to the preseason game he announced it. 


I’m not a season ticket holder, so I hold no grudge, nor have any ill  feelings towards Luck. 
 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Have you ever been to a home colts game?  The fans would not be chanting against a player.    Our fans aren't like that

 

they did boo Luck.... 

 

Chanting FOR Kelly would not be as bad as Booing Luck for retiring.

 

16 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Probably not until mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 
 

Not to mention the contract they gave JB, makes the management look bad, if they admit they made a mistake.

 

I don't think it makes them look bad, or like they've made a mistake. Perhaps a little bit of bad optics, but really they didn't have a lot of choices. Sure they could have waited on the extension, but it wasn't a big deal, and wasn't long term. To me, the contract says "we believe in you, but you have to prove it"... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Have you ever been to a home colts game?  The fans would not be chanting against a player.    Our fans aren't like that

Well...... you all booed Andrew Luck.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

they did boo Luck.... 

 

Chanting FOR Kelly would not be as bad as Booing Luck for retiring.

 

 

I don't think it makes them look bad, or like they've made a mistake. Perhaps a little bit of bad optics, but really they didn't have a lot of choices. Sure they could have waited on the extension, but it wasn't a big deal, and wasn't long term. To me, the contract says "we believe in you, but you have to prove it"... 

A couple hundred fans booed Luck before they were able to hear him give his reasoning.   A far cry from thousands of fans Chanting for a 3rd string qb most of them have never heard of

Just now, MCurtis32 said:

Well...... you all booed Andrew Luck.

Read above

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't think it makes them look bad, or like they've made a mistake.

 

I most definitely do with all the praise and we wouldn’t trade JB for a 1st etc, etc.

 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

Perhaps a little bit of bad optics, but really they didn't have a lot of choices.

Definitely and they had a year to better evaluate, before giving the money. Players tend to work a lot harder in a contract year. I’m not implying he didn’t do that. 

 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

Sure they could have waited on the extension, but it wasn't a big deal, and wasn't long term. To me, the contract says "we believe in you, but you have to prove it"... 

 

Do they believe in him now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

A couple hundred fans booed Luck before they were able to hear him give his reasoning.   A far cry from thousands of fans Chanting for a 3rd string qb most of them have never heard of

Read above

You don't think a couple hundred who know who Kelly is, couldn't be as loud as the couple hundred booing... I doubt it would happen, but I wouldn't be shocked either. Losing can do something to people, especially losing + a lot of beers..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're not going to the playoffs, that's obvious, so it's CK time, let's see what he can do....He could win the back up job for next season, after you trade or waive JB.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Luck said he didn't make the decision until he hurt his ankle,   and didn't tell the front office until close to the preseason game he announced it. 

Now you know why Irsay did not want any money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I most definitely do with all the praise and we wouldn’t trade JB for a 1st etc, etc.

I expect them to "coach speak" everything, and that includes the JB situation. I think they did it in 2018 to potentially create a market for him, and this year, to simply give him confidence. 

 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Definitely and they had a year to better evaluate, before giving the money. Players tend to work a lot harder in a contract year. I’m not implying he didn’t do that. 

The money we gave him didn't impact really anything. We had a bunch that wasn't going to be spent, and we gave him midling starter pay. It can easily be dumped. It's not going go impact our ability to do anything.

 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Do they believe in him now? 

I honestly don't think they were 100% to start the season. I think they did and said all the things they were supposed to do and say to build confidence in your starter, even if you're not totally sold on him. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You don't think a couple hundred who know who Kelly is, couldn't be as loud as the couple hundred booing... I doubt it would happen, but I wouldn't be shocked either. Losing can do something to people, especially losing + a lot of beers..... 

A few hundred fans would not be loud in a stadium of 60+ thousand.    This isn't philly.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won’t be surprised in the next couple games they give him a look. I don’t think they will look at him for a started job but seeing if he has anything to contribute as a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MCurtis32 said:

Now you know why Irsay did not want any money back.

just another assumption?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

A few hundred fans would not be loud in a stadium of 60+ thousand.    This isn't philly.    

After any loss, the crowd is quiet. A small group can easily be heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MCurtis32 said:

Now you know why Irsay did not want any money back.

Why?  He would have looked bad asking for money back for a guy that has had the serious injuries Luck had.   He also can't come back to the NFL for any other team without getting compensation

1 minute ago, MCurtis32 said:

just another assumption?

Yes

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

After any loss, the crowd is quiet. A small group can easily be heard. 

Never been to a game I assume. It's a huge building.   Getting a chant going amongst a smattering of fans is highly unlikely 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

A few hundred fans would not be loud in a stadium of 60+ thousand.    This isn't philly.    

You Damn right it isn't philly. You guys get more upset by the long wait at mcdonalds than you do a sorry team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Never been to a game I assume. It's a huge building.   Getting a chant going amongst a smattering of fans is highly unlikely 

A small group of us in the 80s and 90s got chants going pretty loud after (or late) just about every game. And that was the HD/RCA. Ours were happy chants for a few specific players we knew, but it was very easy to get it going. It's easy to get buzzed fans to do things. If you add angry to that mix, probably a lot easier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

You Damn right it isn't philly. You guys get more upset by the long wait at mcdonalds than you do a sorry team.

Not being irrational over things we have no control over is called "being a rational human being"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

A small group of us in the 80s and 90s got chants going pretty loud after (or late) just about every game. And that was the HD/RCA. Ours were happy chants for a few specific players we knew, but it was very easy to get it going. It's easy to get buzzed fans to do things. If you add angry to that mix, probably a lot easier. 

Painter and Tolzien didn't get chants going.   Jacoby certainly isn't going to.   Plus in the 80s and early 90s their weren't many people in the stands late in games.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I trust whatever Ballard and Reich decide,  if not for a retirement blindside before the season we would be 1st in our division and in control of our season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can move on in the off-season if they wish, but if you yank JB at this point you'll look like a crappy organization to potential FA starters if they went that route. 

 

You have to see how this plays out with JB at this point. If Kelly's the guy (let's just say) he should shine come next summer if he's been 'seasoned' by at least being around.

 

If I was coach I just play out the string, have to see if JB can improve, once you're 100% it isn't him you move on. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I agree with injuries have hurt the team, but when the team is down in the 4th I've never felt like Brissett was going to march the team down the field and give the team a chance at a comeback (with or without TY)   
    • With 3 interceptions Winston's QBR was 11 points higher (better) than Brissett. This shouldn't even be possible when you score 35 points but we did it.  Our completion % is horrible 
    • We're just starting to get all the pieces of the puzzle. This needs to continue, but we need to learn how to put them all together and play for 60 minutes.   We really need to figure out how to address suffering too many injuries. I suspect people are trying to overplay their positions and talent level. This is especially true when one player tries to cover the mistakes of another player. Just don't do it!
    • Agreed. That is what is so dang upsetting about this season. This TEAM is better at every position than it was two years ago and even last year (when healthy) except for one position. That being QB. Brissett is not a bad QB. He’s a solid QB but he’s still lacking in several non-physical areas. Being that they are mental, perhaps they can be coached out. But I don’t think he’s going to be much more than a Alex Smith type QB. I see that being his ceiling. Now does Ballard pull a magic trick and upgrade, maybe. That remains to be seen
  • Members

    • IinD

      IinD 2,716

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Ratking

      Ratking 124

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hammer

      Hammer 232

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,821

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lollygagger8

      lollygagger8 10,255

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Tombstone

      Tombstone 94

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ricker182

      ricker182 1,112

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Islandecho

      Islandecho 9

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shepman

      Shepman 239

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • richard pallo

      richard pallo 2,180

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...