Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This season was not a complete failure.

TheMiz

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s not a complete failure but the Colts are close to NFL no man’s land because of that.  It’s better to be really good or really bad than average.

Yeah, mediocrity sucks...not bad enough for a top impact draft pick and not good enough to compete for the conference championship...just good-ish draft picks replacing good-ish players leaving and some playoff appearances along the way.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He did beat Seattle when Seattle was unbeatable in 2013 with Wilson and their D. Also beat KC in the playoffs (2013) and won at Denver in the playoffs as an 8 point underdog over Peyton and Von Miller (2014).

Luck was good. But I don't think he was the best of his generation... 

Russell Wilson was drafted the same year (2012) and it can be argued he is a better qb. That's just the same year... Not a whole generation 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Our defense is there. We do need to think about the future and a aging Dline. Probably another corner as Desir is getting older. 

Offense needs a entire makeover then we need to pray hard they can actually stay healthy. Eagles are having the same issues on offense we are having with injuries.

Its going to be tough to get the guy we want in the draft. It’s a crap shoot to have a QB you want when you pick. The more we lose though the easier it will be. Then you have to think to you want to waste this defense by starting a rookie or sitting them a year.

Turay was ready to breakout before injury ,that said he looks to be hurt quite a bit 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Are you that narrow minded? 

I guess you forgot he beat two undefeated teams and even beat the two super bowl teams. 

Russell Wilson was drafted the same year... I just can't say luck was the best of his generation... But he was good. 

I am narrow minded though. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Ratking said:

Luck was good. But I don't think he the best of his generation... 

Russell Wilson was drafted the same year (2012) and it can be argued he is a better qb. That's just the same year... Not a whole generation 

Wilson is very good if not great, no argument there. Luck was too though. He just got beat up early in his career as we had no O.Line. Last season he had an O.Line and played great but I have my doubts he was 100% healthy last year after what took place.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I mean, given that Vegas had the Colts pegged as legit SB contenders, as did observers going into this season, being 6-6 isn't a complete failure, it's just really close to one.

I'm just going to sit back and wait this out. Ballard has his work cut out for him. I hope he's asking the right questions though. 

Yes, considering we are supposed to be better then last year, except in the QB dept (And if you listen to the *ic talking heads on ESPN/NFL Network) Jacoby is a really good solid QB (He’s not) it is a disappointment. But not for the reasons I’m reading. Have you actually watched this team play this year? Really watched them? Their defense isn’t solid - it looks like Swiss cheese. I could drive a manual wheelchair thru it on most plays. And there seems to be NO defense in the middle of the field. None. Burned on down and ins all year. Solid defense? Did you watch them fold like a lawn chair against Miami? Miami?????? Then 2 weeks ago, with the division on the line and playoff picture in full view, folded like a lawn chair in Texas. You know, the Texas stadium that we supposedly owned?  They don’t play hungry, they don’t play with attitude, they don’t act like they should even be on the field. They remind me of the Redskins! And today, they fold against the Titans....a team we supposedly own????? Yep....real solid defense. Their offense is so pathetic I won’t even mention them. They are an embarrassment. Yes, this season is a total loss and humiliation. Frank Reich is doing one hell of a job isn’t he? The talking heads can’t stop bloviating over him. I think their record speaks for it’s self. I’d end by saying “Maybe next year.” But I said that last season and look where that got us. So I won’t bother. I used to enjoy watching the Colts - now it’s shameful!!  :(

Russell Wilson was drafted the same year... I just can't say luck was the best of his generation... But he was good. 

I am narrow minded though. Thank you. 

What Wilson has did has exactly zero to do with Luck. 

You completely overlooked what Luck did in his first three seasons on a team that was lacking a lot of talent. 

I appreciate the thank you though. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wilson is very good if not great, no argument there. Luck was too though. He just got beat up early in his career as we had no O.Line. Last season he had an O.Line and played great but I have my doubts he was 100% healthy last year after what took place.

I just don't know how to evaluate the "would have been good but for injuries " stuff. 

By that measure RG3 could have been the best pick of 2012. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

What Wilson has did has exactly zero to do with Luck. 

You completely overlooked what Luck did in his first three seasons on a team that was lacking a lot of talent. 

I appreciate the thank you though. 

Luck career in NFL:

2012-Lost afc South title 

2013-Won title 

2014-Won title 

2015-Lost title 

2016-Lost title 

2017-Did not play 

2018-lost title 

2019-retired 

Never beat Brady or Big Ben. 

DOESN'T seem generational to me. 

2 minutes ago, Ratking said:

I just don't know how to evaluate the "would have been good but for injuries " stuff. 

By that measure RG3 could have been the best pick of 2012. 

RG3 was an awesome athlete, had a great rookie year but his sample size was so small. Too much of a runner, that came back to bite him. Luck led teams to the playoffs 4 times and won a lot of games. Luck proved a lot more than RG3 did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Our defense is there. We do need to think about the future and a aging Dline. Probably another corner as Desir is getting older. 

Offense needs a entire makeover then we need to pray hard they can actually stay healthy. Eagles are having the same issues on offense we are having with injuries.

Its going to be tough to get the guy we want in the draft. It’s a crap shoot to have a QB you want when you pick. The more we lose though the easier it will be. Then you have to think to you want to waste this defense by starting a rookie or sitting them a year.

You continue to insist we need an entire offensive makeover even with a top 5 offensive line. Can't understand your thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

You continue to insist we need an entire offensive makeover even with a top 5 offensive line. Can't understand your thinking.

I honestly think if everyone was healthy this year with JB we would be 8-4, 10-2 with Luck. But yes 8-4 with JB IMO. JB may not be the answer but these injuries to TY, Ebron, Mack, Campbell are just killer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think if everyone was healthy this year with JB we would be 8-4, 10-2 with Luck. But yes 8-4 with JB IMO. JB may not be the answer but these injuries to TY, Ebron, Mack, Campbell are just killer. 

Not to mention the 1.5 games Jacoby missed when all we needed was a game manager.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

RG3 was an awesome athlete, had a great rookie year but his sample size was so small. Too much of a runner, that came back to bite him. Luck led teams to the playoffs 4 times and won a lot of games. Luck proved a lot more than RG3 did.

I agree that Luck proved more than RG3... Because of injuries.. 

But I also think other Qbs proved more than Luck.. BECAUSE of injuries. 

Injury excuses aside, the results on the field show Luck was not a generational QB. He was not a Manning or a Brady of his generation. His generations best are still playing football for God's sake lol. 

8 minutes ago, Ratking said:

Luck career in NFL:

2013-Won title 

2014-Won title 

2015-Lost title 

2016-Lost title 

2017-Did not play 

2018-lost title 

2019-retired 

I hate pinning wins and losses solely on QB's.  "QB wins" is the dumbest stat in football.

Football is a team game. Luck had some part in those losses, but the team around him performed far worse.

8 minutes ago, Ratking said:

Luck career in NFL:

2013-Won title 

2014-Won title 

2015-Lost title 

2016-Lost title 

2017-Did not play 

2018-lost title 

2019-retired 

Maybe not generational but he was 53-33 as a starter with 4 playoff wins. 

5 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I am not talking the offensive line. We have 3 WR who are worth keeping. TY, Campbell and pascal. We need three new WR and a TE. We need to fix the right side of the line. Those are things we need outside of the QB situation.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe not generational but he was 53-33 as a starter with 4 playoff wins. 

He was good. I wish he still played for the Colts. 

I just think that in a room of non Colts fans it's hard to argue he was the best of his generation or even number two. 

5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I hate pinning wins and losses solely on QB's.  "QB wins" is the dumbest stat in football.

Football is a team game. Luck had some part in those losses, but the team around him performed far worse.

I agree. Lucks winning percentage is actually pretty decent. 

I just don't think many non Colts fans view luck as the best or 2nd best of his generation. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am not talking the offensive line. We have 3 WR who are worth keeping. TY, Campbell and pascal. We need three new WR and a TE. We need to fix the right side of the line. Those are things we need outside of the QB situation.

Are they not part of the entire offense?

Just now, Ratking said:

I just think that in a room of none Colts fans it's hard to argue he was the best of his generation or even number two. 

Most people would say Russell Wilson is the best QB in that draft now only because Luck retired. Many would still say Luck is the better talent. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most people would say Russell Wilson is the best QB in that draft now only because Luck retired. Many would still say Luck is the better talent. 

I totally agree with you there. 

Had Luck not retired he would have won us a SB or two and history would remember him as the best of his generation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The argument of Wilson being better could have already been made...in fact outside of coltdom I'd think most would favor Wilson.

Now it will be interesting to see how Cousins career actually turns out. Luck may not even go down in history as one of the top 2 QBs from that draft...

5 minutes ago, Ratking said:

I agree. Lucks winning percentage is actually pretty decent. 

I just don't think many non Colts fans view luck as the best or 2nd best of his generation. 

I'd put him up there skills wise.  

But you're correct. Non-Colts fans won't put him there.

9 minutes ago, Ratking said:

I just think that in a room of non Colts fans it's hard to argue he was the best of his generation or even number two. 

You want to pin Luck in a category he couldn't achieve because of injury and make him out to be what? 

Most all Colt fans expected Luck to play till he was at least 40, but injuries and his will to play football was taken from him by a GM that didn't protect him. 

Therefor you opinion of him is bias in the fact you can't see what he was when he did play. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it sucks he left us. I am still not happy about it but have accepted it. 

I was one of those stupid people that booed luck the night he retired. (I regret that) 

I just really thought had he played he would have taken us to the evil gates to slay Brady and his hooded master. 

• Like 1

I was one of those stupid people that booed luck the night he retired. (I regret that) 

I just really thought had he played he would have taken us to the evil gates to slay Brady and his hooded master. 

Brady and the hoody is going to go down this season by the Ravens. 

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You want to pin Luck in a category he couldn't achieve because of injury and make him out to be what? 

Most all Colt fans expected Luck to play till he was at least 40, but injuries and his will to play football was taken from him by a GM that didn't protect him. 

Therefor you opinion of him is bias in the fact you can't see what he was when he did play. 

I never expected Luck to play anywhere near 40.  

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

As I have told another poster, I think Luck could have been the best of his generation. 

But he was hurt too often and retired early. 

Therefore, Luck is merely a generational could have been. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brady and the hoody is going to go down this season by the Ravens. 

Honesty with the Colts out of the playoff chase, the only thing that is still making me happy this year is that Brady has a real chance of NOT Winning the SB this year. Lol 

• Like 1