Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
BleedBlue4Shoe86

Jalen Hurts

So I know that everyone has fallen head over heels for Jordan Love because of the comparison to Mahomes. It is easy to like him and love the connection of Ballard and Mahomes. But has anyone stopped to think of this QB would be a future fit for Reich’s system. 

my question is wouldn’t Jalen Hurts for it better. Reich wants to be a physical run first team. Why not look at committing all the way like the Ravens did. Draft Jalen and let him sit behind Jacoby and learn from him and Reich. 

just curious what everyone thinks. 

To me, he doesnt bring enough potential over what we currently have

(but.... in fairness, I havent watched enough on him)

I would like to see him and others at the combine.

I'm watching Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State right now. I just don't see it with him. I heard some stat that I couldn't believe on the broadcast. They said Oklahoma are running it on 60% of the snaps? wth? I don't want to go to a site with the stats to confirm it but while watch, it looks about right. I don't see Hurts as a good enough passer so if you want to run an offense with him it would indeed have to be something like the Ravens are doing. The problem is... Hurts is a very good runner. I just don't think he's elite runner like Lamar. + I liked Lamar's pocket passing upside better. I also cringe every time he barrels into defenders on his runs... I can't believe he will be able to do this in the league and stay healthy in the long-term... this looks like an injury waiting to heppen. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So I know that everyone has fallen head over heels for Jordan Love because of the comparison to Mahomes. It is easy to like him and love the connection of Ballard and Mahomes. But has anyone stopped to think of this QB would be a future fit for Reich’s system. 

my question is wouldn’t Jalen Hurts for it better. Reich wants to be a physical run first team. Why not look at committing all the way like the Ravens did. Draft Jalen and let him sit behind Jacoby and learn from him and Reich. 

just curious what everyone thinks. 

Jacoby doesn't belong anywhere near the starting job.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Peyton disagrees with you:     Peyton Manning 'drops the mic' on brother Eli Manning's Hall of Fame debate   "To me, it's the time to look back and reflect. Everybody else wants to look ahead and have this debate. And I understand, that's just the world we live in. I know Eli doesn't think like that, and I don't think like that either. But I certainly have my strong feelings and opinions on it. When you're the Super Bowl MVP twice against the greatest dynasty of all-time, the New England Patriots, Tom Brady/Bill Belichick, and you join a list that includes Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Tom Brady and Joe Montana, Eli Manning as the only (multiple) Super Bowl MVPs.    "I don't really know what that term, 'drop the mic' is, but I guess if there was one. ... There really is no 'yeah, but' after that. That kind of ends it. But if you want a, 'yeah, but,' yeah, but he also started 220-plus consecutive games. He's sixth or seventh all-time in touchdowns. It wasn't like he just played those two seasons.   "He answered the bell, played his butt off, won some huge games for his team. I have strong opinions on it, but I'm gonna pull and Eli and live in the present and kinda look back if you will and not look too far ahead, get too worried about it."  
    • That's fine, but I think buried in the ranking was the relative great performances of the later picks like Okerke, Willis, and Tell more than the earlier picks living up to....or exceeding...expectations.  How can they rank Ben and Parris very highly?  They didn't play much.   Having the early picks exceeding expectations takes you closer to the SB than having your 4th and 5th rounders exceeding expectations.  JMO.
    • well tis the time of year where the Colts would be linked to most big name FA's because of cap space....though this would make sense. 
    • So it seems all the teams evaluators leave after the practices are over and watch the game from home. So everything that happens during the week seems to be more important then the actual game.
  • Members

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 17

• stitches

stitches 6,874

• The_Ricktator

The_Ricktator 3,718

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • Coffeedrinker

Coffeedrinker 7,305