Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So I know that everyone has fallen head over heels for Jordan Love because of the comparison to Mahomes. It is easy to like him and love the connection of Ballard and Mahomes. But has anyone stopped to think of this QB would be a future fit for Reich’s system. 

my question is wouldn’t Jalen Hurts for it better. Reich wants to be a physical run first team. Why not look at committing all the way like the Ravens did. Draft Jalen and let him sit behind Jacoby and learn from him and Reich. 

just curious what everyone thinks. 

I'm watching Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State right now. I just don't see it with him. I heard some stat that I couldn't believe on the broadcast. They said Oklahoma are running it on 60% of the snaps? wth? I don't want to go to a site with the stats to confirm it but while watch, it looks about right. I don't see Hurts as a good enough passer so if you want to run an offense with him it would indeed have to be something like the Ravens are doing. The problem is... Hurts is a very good runner. I just don't think he's elite runner like Lamar. + I liked Lamar's pocket passing upside better. I also cringe every time he barrels into defenders on his runs... I can't believe he will be able to do this in the league and stay healthy in the long-term... this looks like an injury waiting to heppen. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So I know that everyone has fallen head over heels for Jordan Love because of the comparison to Mahomes. It is easy to like him and love the connection of Ballard and Mahomes. But has anyone stopped to think of this QB would be a future fit for Reich’s system. 

my question is wouldn’t Jalen Hurts for it better. Reich wants to be a physical run first team. Why not look at committing all the way like the Ravens did. Draft Jalen and let him sit behind Jacoby and learn from him and Reich. 

just curious what everyone thinks. 

Jacoby doesn't belong anywhere near the starting job.

• Like 2