Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetically If Colts Win Out

Dacoltsboi

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think we will have to trade up to get a QB. Unless he gets some inside info the guy he wants is going to go before we pick.  Love really needs to sit a year and the teams ahead of us will probably want day one starters. That is if Love turns out to be the guy they want. One team I could see trading way up for a QB is the patriots. 

With Tua hurt, we may have to take Love in the 1st round to get him 100%. Still a long way to go with combines, pro days, and such to see if any QBs rise or fall.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

If the Colts win out, and Brissett plays much better with key weapons returning (Hilton, Campbell, Funchess,), will you guys be convinced that he could be the future? Or would you still want a change at quarterback? Or would you give him until after next season to make a decision?

I’m not talking about just winning with our run game. I’m talking about consistent 200-300 yard efficient games with a BALANCES run-pass offense.

Our passing game turning it around is equivalent to the chiefs defense playing like it's a top 5 defense for the rest of the year.

8 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

If the Colts win out, and Brissett plays much better with key weapons returning (Hilton, Campbell, Funchess,), will you guys be convinced that he could be the future? Or would you still want a change at quarterback? Or would you give him until after next season to make a decision?

I’m not talking about just winning with our run game. I’m talking about consistent 200-300 yard efficient games with a BALANCES run-pass offense.

No, we have seen his resume. Average QB that is capable of big plays but had horrible vidion. I sure wish he would be the "guy" but he isnt

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

He would be a reach in the 1st round.

Agreed, but he's a QB, and that's the exception to the rule. Might not have much of a choice if Brissett continues to regress and Burrow and Herbert go early. Maybe trade down? That's a risk as well without knowing other teams boards.

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

With Tua hurt, we may have to take Love in the 1st round to get him 100%. Still a long way to go with combines, pro days, and such to see if any QBs rise or fall.

If he is there in the first and they have identified him as the one they want they will take him in the first. We can get a stud WR in the second round. I just don’t want to be giving up picks to move up for a QB. We need some good playmakers and don’t want to give up our second round picks. We have some holes to fill in the draft.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He would be a reach in the 1st round.

Maybe but who knows how well he will do in the pre draft process. With a QB if you have identified your guy you take him. You don’t wait. Especially when you have a team like the pats who need a QB. Steelers are also going to be looking for a QB. It is going to be tough sledding getting a QB without moving up but I hope they do.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Another person outside of Indy that is high on Jacoby. It seems to me that everywhere outside of Indiana really likes this guy and feels he has room to grow into franchise QB. 

So a random Twitter nobody with a bad list.  If you look harder someone on Twitter probably has him #1.

• Like 2

If Reich and Ballard are willing to put their necks on the line for JB, and continue to roll with him next year,  then I am too. That’s how I look at it. We are just fans but their livelihood is at stake. They finally get their chance at GM and HC so I don’t think they risk that with someone they don’t believe in. We shall see.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed, but he's a QB, and that's the exception to the rule. Might not have much of a choice if Brissett continues to regress and Burrow and Herbert go early. Maybe trade down? That's a risk as well without knowing other teams boards.

You bring up Burrow and Herbert but that still leaves Jalen Hurts and Kelly Bryant. 

I am sure Ballard will be watching all of these players. 

Everyone seems to think Love is the one but after the combine and all the investigation is over it could be any one of them. (or none of them if Ballard sticks with Brissett)

7 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Another person outside of Indy that is high on Jacoby. It seems to me that everywhere outside of Indiana really likes this guy and feels he has room to grow into franchise QB. 

I am a JB supporter but 10 is a little high. I still have him around 15th although last week he played terrible. Today's game will show me a lot. If can play well without TY Hilton and Ebron and we win than that is promising. 

I completely agree. I think it gets lost that he is playing the game the way Reich wants him to. Not turn the ball over and make the big plays when they are there. 

he just need to hit the receivers when the big play is there. People forget that he is still learning to be a starter. Give him this year at least before calling for Chad Kelly(a big heck no!!!!) or saying we have to draft a QB. 

To me it doesn't matter whether we win or lose. It's all about his own performance both in the context of this team and isolated from the team. I want to see Reich trust him with the ball more and I want to see him make plays from the pocket and outside of structure. I want to see him throw with anticipation and timing... I want him to move the ball consistently(through the air). 

Either way he's going to probably start next year whether we draft a new QB or not, so he will still have a chance to prove himself next year too.