Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetically If Colts Win Out

Dacoltsboi

If the Colts win out, and Brissett plays much better with key weapons returning (Hilton, Campbell, Funchess,), will you guys be convinced that he could be the future? Or would you still want a change at quarterback? Or would you give him until after next season to make a decision?

I’m not talking about just winning with our run game. I’m talking about consistent 200-300 yard efficient games with a BALANCES run-pass offense.

7 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Can we get a win Sunday ?Man we've lost 3 of last 4 .wow 

I don't know, this is a 50/50 game. We have no good WR's with TY, Campbell, and Funchess out. When Pascal is your #1 that isn't good haha . Most love to blame JB for everything but his WR core has been banged up or missed games most of the year in reality. Even Ebron has played injured and is now gone.

To the OP, some already have their minds up that JB stinks after playing in only 9 games lmao  so unless he and the team wins the SB they won't change their mind. I will be amazed if JB is successful tomorrow with the WR and TE core we have now. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know, this is a 50/50 game. We have no good WR's with TY, Campbell, and Funchess out. When Pascal is your #1 that isn't good haha . Most love to blame JB for everything but his WR core has been banged up or missed games most of the year in reality. Even Ebron has played injured and is now gone.

To the OP, some already have their minds up that JB stinks after playing in only 9 games lmao  so unless he and the team wins the SB they won't change their mind. I will be amazed if JB is successful tomorrow with the WR and TE core we have now. 

I'm not confident but hoping the defense can get some turnovers and a short field .Hoping brisett answers after all the criticism he endured this week.

• Like 1

Just now, coltfaninnewyork said:

I'm not confident but hoping the defense can get some turnovers and a short field .Hoping brisett answers after all the criticism he endured this week.

I still think we can win, we are at home which should help. We have had a long rest which should help our Line and JB. I also think the players know this is a must win situation so they should play inspired. If the defense can get a turnover early and we can get a lead, that will be huge because then they may start passing a lot and not let Henry try and control the game. Our defense definitely needs play a great game for us to win this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB is not a rookie, he started the entire 2017 season except one game. 

58 minutes ago, Dacoltsboi said:

If the Colts win out, and Brissett plays much better with key weapons returning (Hilton, Campbell, Funchess,), will you guys be convinced that he could be the future? Or would you still want a change at quarterback? Or would you give him until after next season to make a decision?

I’m not talking about just winning with our run game. I’m talking about consistent 200-300 yard efficient games with a BALANCES run-pass offense.

Multiple games of what looked like a solid, professional NFL caliber passing attack would calm my concerns, and earn another look next season. Hypothetically.
 Realistically, right now, it would be a real shock to see that happen.
 Brissett just doesn't pull the trigger with accuracy and touch quick enough.
We keep waiting for the light to come on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Multiple games of what looked like a solid, professional NFL caliber passing attack would calm my concerns, and earn another look next season. Hypothetically.
 Realistically, right now, it would be a real shock to see that happen.
 Brissett just doesn't pull the trigger with accuracy and touch quick enough.
We keep waiting for the light to come on.

Tomorrow will show us a lot regarding JB, it is unfortunate TY Hilton is out. That makes it really rough for him to have a big game.  

• Like 2

When I look at JB, I am going by what he accomplishes under Frank Reich and playing with a great O.Line. That is this year only going into next year. I am not sure any QB with the team and coach we had in 2017 could've made the playoffs. Tom Brady would've had problems on that squad lmao . We were more talented in 2016 and even had Luck but went 8-8 that season.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are you seriously counting the 2017 season? Not even Luck makes the playoffs with that team. 

So the team around him has improved, but still the same JB. At least in '17 he had an excuse of no time to go through his progressions. Now he has time to do it, he just doesn't. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

So the team around him has improved, but still the same JB. At least in '17 he had an excuse of no time to go through his progressions. Now he has time to do it, he just doesn't. 

It is not the same JB, he has played well at times this season and when he has started and finished games we are 6-3. He played lousy last week at Houston, it happens. To me 9 games just isn't enough of a sample size. I need to see how tomorrow plays out and the rest of the season plays out.

I almost feel sorry for any rookie coming in here if we do draft one with the way our fanbase is. If we play a rookie or even Kelly and start the season 1-5 or so, man talk about piling on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He started 16 games, when we first acquired him. He’s having some of the same issues as that year. Trouble getting off his first read, holds the ball too long, and doesn’t take chances down field. Everyone was hoping he had improved in these areas. JB isn’t a rookie he’s had plenty of game experience and sitting a year behind Brady and then luck, he’s had time to learn. Now the injuries have not helped him at all. I hope we can get Campbell and funchess back the last few just too see how much difference it makes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

He started 16 games, when we first acquired him. He’s having some of the same issues as that year. Trouble getting off his first read, holds the ball too long, and doesn’t take chances down field. Everyone was hoping he had improved in these areas. JB isn’t a rookie he’s had plenty of game experience and sitting a year behind Brady and then luck, he’s had time to learn. Now the injuries have not helped him at all. I hope we can get Campbell and funchess back the last few just too see how much difference it makes.

Jacoby lead the league with 4 60 yard passes in 2017 and was like 9th in the league in deep balls. Part of the issue is Reichs offense. In 2017 that was a wide open offense that aired it out.

Look  at the trouble Wentz is having with the eagles with all the offensive weapons hurt.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

I do agree with, he holds on to the ball too long and even misses guys down the field at times per the All-22. Actually over half the QB's in the league do that though. Luck even held on to the ball too long at times IMO. Reich is a good coach, maybe he can come up with something where JB is throwing more quick slants and screens. That is a great question, why aren't we throwing more screens to guys like Hines for example.

2 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

No.

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jacoby lead the league with 4 60 yard passes in 2017 and was like 9th in the league in deep balls. Part of the issue is Reichs offense. In 2017 that was a wide open offense that aired it out.

Look  at the trouble Wentz is having with the eagles with all the offensive weapons hurt.

That and Wentz is a one year wonder.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do agree with, he holds on to the ball too long and even misses guys down the field at times per the All-22. Actually over half the QB's in the league do that though. Luck even held on to the ball too long at times IMO. Reich is a good coach, maybe he can come up with something where JB is throwing more quick slants and screens. That is a great question, why aren't we throwing more screens to guys like Hines for example.

Even our screen pass game with Luck was almost non existent. It’s kind of strange. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No QB is perfect, at times they will all hold on to the ball too long, and they will all occasionally miss wide open targets. Every single one of them. The problem is that this season JB hasn't found them at all. He is not occasionally missing them, he is always missing them.

14 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

No QB is perfect, at times they will all hold on to the ball too long, and they will all occasionally miss wide open targets. Every single one of them. The problem is that this season JB hasn't found them at all. He is not occasionally missing them, he is always missing them.

I would like to see 1 pass of 50 Yards or more in the air to a WR, that would be nice I agree. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Maybe the Colts need to fire Reich, he’s clearly holding JB back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would like to see 1 pass of 50 Yards or more in the air to a WR, that would be nice I agree. 

Exactly, they can be a running team but they still have to be able to throw long especially with TY Hilton. Colts have a shopping list of players "out" or "questionable" while the Titans have only two listed as "questionable"

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Come on you know that isn’t what I meant. It’s just interesting that maybe Jacoby doesn’t fit Reichs system.

Reich isn’t going anywhere and I stated before Luck had retired, that I didn’t think JB fit his offense. Now it’s apparent, but I’d stick with JB instead of playing say C. Kelly this anytime season. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To the underlined, yea the bottom half of the QB’s in the league!

Luck held onto the ball to long but he was waiting for a route to develop or a receiver to come open. JB has receivers open and just isn’t getting the ball out. There is a difference. I believe you know this. Comparing Luck holding the ball to JB holding the ball is apples to oranges.

I agree with you about the slants and screens. 

5 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

If he shows improvement in areas of weakness and can be an effective game-manager, I'll be more on board with him. I would still want to draft a QB somewhere in the draft next year depending on how he finished though as competition.

The chances are we are going to be very run heavy the rest of the season. Reich knows we don’t have the skill players to throw the ball a ton. The only way to keep us in games is to run the ball. Otherwise we will lose by 3 TD. So I don’t think we will see Jacoby have big stats  and change anyone’s mind. What he has to do is make the few critical throws when needed. Which he has done quite a few times in our wins this year. He just needs to keep us ahead of the chains. No negative run plays. And for gods sake use Hines for quick passes.

• Like 1

Well, it would be nice to see Reich get creative with the play calling. Why isn't Hines being used more as a slot guy? Why don't they target Doyle excessively? He's open regularly. Give Jacoby some new plays and lets see what happens. I think a creative, let's open the playbook approach might pay large dividends. Reich needs to get aggressive and give our QB some new options. 

Do that, and we win tomorrow. JMO. 

31 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Well, it would be nice to see Reich get creative with the play calling. Why isn't Hines being used more as a slot guy? Why don't they target Doyle excessively? He's open regularly. Give Jacoby some new plays and lets see what happens. I think a creative, let's open the playbook approach might pay large dividends. Reich needs to get aggressive and give our QB some new options. 

Do that, and we win tomorrow. JMO. 

I really  hope now that we aren’t worried about getting Ebron the ball Doyle gets more catches. Hines is a mystery to me. I have no clue why Reich is not using him more after last year. He is barely on the field. He is the only guy left with speed. Hines can do everything Campbell did in that Steelers game. Have we even seen him on a jet sweep.

2 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I'm completely confident that Ballard and Reich will know what to do at the quarterback position, next season .That might still mean Jacoby the starter next season .Finding Thee quarterback is not easy.

Yea I don’t see how brissett isn’t the opening day starter next year. But I do think we draft a QB high this year too compete and groom for the future. We have the picks to trade up this year if CB sees fit. 

26 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Yea I don’t see how brissett isn’t the opening day starter next year. But I do think we draft a QB high this year too compete and groom for the future. We have the picks to trade up this year if CB sees fit. 

If you're ever going to trade up this year or the next is the time to do it. 

• Like 1

I don’t think we will have to trade up to get a QB. Unless he gets some inside info the guy he wants is going to go before we pick.  Love really needs to sit a year and the teams ahead of us will probably want day one starters. That is if Love turns out to be the guy they want. One team I could see trading way up for a QB is the patriots.