Indianapolis Colts
Nadine

Titans @ Colts Game Day Thread

Stop the injury and receiver excuses. Frank said in so many words there were guys open all over the place against Houston. Jacoby missed Doyle three times standing in front of his face.  He IS NOT good.  

15 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

You didn't read my post... 

Irsay's won't give him that option. Jim's done it in the past. It's all optics. Fans have to see that the team is serious about winning and that means spending money and not hoarding it. 

% if we cut Vinny when we should have we could have two wins instead of losses. And Reich is starting look like he isnt the coach I thought he was. He is coaching desprate over using good judgement.

1 minute ago, Numba1Colt said:

ignoring the horrible special teams play on field goal attempts either missing or getting blocked... one for a TD lol

JB is so bad... he throws late on first down passes to the dump off man while he stares around the field looking for a WIDE open player 

he does those stupid little mini pump fakes even which then leads to him throwing LATE to the dump off man who is running towards the sideline... so it's late and thus, incomplete

they say he protects the ball but with his team ahead by 3 at home in the 3rd Q he tries (on a first down) to throw late down the middle while he is kind of moving and not set.. and starting to get wrapped up by a defender... and it flies high and is picked off and that leads to a tied game at 17

why can't you lead guys or throw to someone who is kind of covered a little but open if you make an anticipatory throw? throw the ball on time... he sits there in a clean pocket and wastes 3 seconds then panics and tries to scramble and loses yards... he did this the play before the blocked FG for a TD. it made the FGA move to the left hash mark and he lost 2 yards. THROW IT TO SOMEONE... sometimes you will get a flag on the defense if you actually throw it to a guy who is kind of covered but can still make a catch with a good throw

he better not be starting next season

THIS. I couldn't have said it better. I just don't see how some people in this forum can't see the glaring flaws in Jacoby Brissett's game. He isn't complete garbage, but he has no future as a starting QB for this team.

11 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

This looked like a Pagano-era game in the second half. 

My soul feels filthy just typing that, but it’s true.  

This is so true

On the bright side we get to watch tampa bay kill us next week,  nobody on this team can cover mike Evan or chris godwin, plus thier defense is great against the run and pass d getting better.

What a horrible way to end a season. I guess we’ll have to wait another year to get back our division. Let the cows and the thumbtacks have it this year, hopefully they’ll injure each other and make themselves easier prey for the deflators and the Ravens

• Haha 1

Just now, colts_100nascar17fan said:

On the bright side we get to watch tampa bay kill us next week,  nobody on this team can cover mike Evan or chris godwin, plus thier defense is great against the run and pass d getting better.

Take out “we” and replace it with “I”, I’ve got better things to do on a Sunday than watch JB stare down the field lol

• Like 1

The lack of skilled players really hurt when we needed TD and had to settle for those long FG. Bubba will be fired after this season is over.

Our RB did not pick up the blitz well or block well.  That’s why Williams was on the sideline but Wilkins didn’t do much better.

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

Hopefully you realize my expecting an apology was in jest. JB still in my opinion didn’t look any different today than he has, he just had more time to stare at his first read. I didn’t get to watch the whole thing but when I did see him, he stared at his guy and never looked the other way, ever. Not one time did I witness JB look left than right. It was look middle, follow the receiver to the left and then throw, good or bad. He is terrible. And if he starts to add in turnovers, now he is beyond useless. This team is poorly qb’ed and half the time, the blame should equally go to the coaching staff, they have been questionable too. 

solid draft picks upcoming. Top 10?

Yeah, no worries on the apology thing.  That's why I didn't apologize, haha.  J/K.

I'll wait to see the all 22 before i see if he did better this week or not.  From my eye I couldn't tell how often he went to his second/third receiver during the game.

If we continue to lose players and/or the defense just loses interest, I think we could end up with a decent pick in the draft.  I also think this defense is too good and that they'll keep us close enough to screw it up and win a few.  haha

• Like 1

Bad news , our QB stinks.   Good news (at least for me ) , cheap tickets for Carolina. 

Well today sucked, but at least I can go outside and appreciate this nice, beautiful worl-

Oh wait.

Its December.

In Indiana.

What a fantastic day 

5 minutes ago, Calmack said:

JB is a s s man. Accept it. He throws a nice spiral when his receiver is wide open though. 

Most QB's are with the offense we have, besides our O.Line we rolled out an average/probably below average team at best at every position. Jack Doyle was our best player for peet sakes lmao . Nobody on our offense today would be a #1 on any team = WR's, TE's, RB's. How people can't see that is amazing. Lets just say JB sucks, that is the ticket. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most QB's are with the offense we have, besides our O.Line we rolled out an average/probably below average team at best at every position. Jack Doyle was our best player for peet sakes lmao . Nobody on our offense today would be a #1 on any team = WR's, TE's, RB's. How people can't see that is amazing. Lets just say JB sucks, that is the ticket. 

I disagree, Doyle would be a number one and four out of our five OL would be. Outside of that yes, you’re right

Edit: Sorry about the OL part, only read the bolded lol

The QB can suck as well as the team. Doesn't have to be one or the other. 

Just now, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

I disagree, Doyle would be a number one and four out of our five OL would be. Outside of that yes, you’re right

I said our Line was great and Jack was our best player today. Besides that nobody is close to a #1 that we had out there.

Just now, Calmack said:

There a decent amount of QBs in the league who would’ve steamrolled the thumbtacks with our D, our OL, and Doyle. JB is not one of them

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said our Line was great and Jack was our best player today. Besides that nobody is close to a #1 that we had out there.

Agreed. If Ballard doesn’t resign Doyle I will be very sad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

If TY, Ebron, Campbell, and Mack play I am sure we win this game even with the terrible JB.

• Like 1

I am proud how the offense did today. I thought they did better then I would of thought with all the injuries. Then Rogers goes down too.

Eagles lost to Miami. Lol

• Like 1

If TY, Ebron, Campbell, and Mack play I am sure we win this game even with the terrible JB.

Yeah I meant THIS team. The currently suited up one. The one that sucks as much as the QB. JB would be carried by Mack and Hilton if they were there

The oline was fantastic today. I wish we could of run it better. Jacoby was just standing still today. We missed Mack. Still not enough of Hines in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Calmack said:

Yeah I meant THIS team. The currently suited up one. The one that sucks as much as the QB. JB would be carried by Mack and Hilton if they were there

That is thing, people have excuses for us winning games when others have been out. Like vs KC, Hill was out and many say that is why we won. They still had Mahomes and Kelce though. So why I can't I use an excuse like TY and Mack being out. Losing TY is beyond bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calmack said:

It's "the total of all of it's parts" thing.  The total of this team is not sufficient to beating a lot of teams.  We're not that deep.  Not sure how many teams are when dealt with this many injuries.  JB is not elite enough to overcome the deficiencies and his shortcomings are magnified.

When this team is closer to healthy JB is adequate and can get the job done in my opinion.  If we can find better we should make it happen.  It will be an interesting lineup come the last two or three games of the year.

We need to lock up Pascal after this season is over to a 2 or 3 year contract. Hines has been doing pretty good on both punt and kickoffs so there is no reason to keep Rogers. Right now we need 3 new WR.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, no worries on the apology thing.  That's why I didn't apologize, haha.  J/K.

I'll wait to see the all 22 before i see if he did better this week or not.  From my eye I couldn't tell how often he went to his second/third receiver during the game.

If we continue to lose players and/or the defense just loses interest, I think we could end up with a decent pick in the draft.  I also think this defense is too good and that they'll keep us close enough to screw it up and win a few.  haha

Let me know what you see in the all22. I don’t have it and am not that heavily invested in it after a game is done. I do enjoy reading those who do break stuff down though after watching games over. We do have a pretty good defense  to keep us in games. Be interesting to see how many guys were injured after this game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It’s ok to see the QB for what he is with or without #1’s all around him. He is average with the team in place and he is below average when he is missing stars. It’s just what he is, we now have enough tape to see what abilities JB has and it isn’t starter material. Sorry, it just is fact. We will have to find a new QB, K, 2nd TE and likely another WR, that’s just needs on offense. There are needs on defense but mostly just finding the consistent pass rush going and keep building back up spots for injuries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

It’s ok to see the QB for what he is with or without #1’s all around him. He is average with the team in place and he is below average when he is missing stars. It’s just what he is, we now have enough tape to see what abilities JB has and it isn’t starter material. Sorry, it just is fact. We will have to find a new QB, K, 2nd TE and likely another WR, that’s just needs on offense. There are needs on defense but mostly just finding the consistent pass rush going and keep building back up spots for injuries. 

I think the season is over now and IMO JB isn't 100% and TY definitely isn't. So why not play Chad, just to give him experience.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the season is over now and IMO JB isn't 100% and TY definitely isn't. So why not play Chad, just to give him experience.

I am 100% in trying Kelly, see what he has under live fire games. I’ve said I’m not sure that Kelly will do any better than JB but at this point, is this Kelly kid someone we keep around after this year or is he JAG? We don’t know and really won’t until he suits up in a real game. 

7 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Gramz ,get the crowd loud!!!

It was loud at times. I did my best. 

So disappointing how the game turned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

It was loud at times. I did my best. 

So disappointing how the game turned.

It hurt bro ,we will be on top soon.I believe in Ballard 

Reich finally did some play action and it worked for the most part.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

Reich finally did some play action and it worked for the most part.  

Yep, yep.  So did the shorter routes.

That game hurt!  I couldn’t watch due to travel so I listened on the radio.  Going from thinking we’d take a 3 point lead midway thru the 4th Qtr to hearing the FG Block/TD was so deflating for me...I can’t imagine what it did to the players’ psyche.

17 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Players taking Vinny situation in to their own hands lol. Wont bench him we wont block for him!

You seriously believe this?

10 hours ago, Aces101 said:

That game hurt!  I couldn’t watch due to travel so I listened on the radio.  Going from thinking we’d take a 3 point lead midway thru the 4th Qtr to hearing the FG Block/TD was so deflating for me...I can’t imagine what it did to the players’ psyche.

Trust me..it was worse being there.

It started out okay..  it was fun getting coach Reich's and Quenton Nelson's autographs, and our seats are right next to the tunnel, great seats, first half had some excitement and I was still really hopeful at the half...

That blocked fg returned for a td was sickening.