Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nadine

Titans @ Colts Game Day Thread

If anything we're just seeing how little room for error there is with our team constructed as "run the damn bell" along with a mediocre QB.

It puts too much on our defense, but they've done really well.

38 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

For Brian Hoyer? you must not have watched the Miami game...

No Chad Kelly time to find out if he is any good we just pretty much eliminated ourselves.

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

I’d say you owe me an apology for standing up for JB’s “play”. 

Well, when I made the post I stand by that.

As of now he looks bad on those INT's, no doubt.  I still like the fact that he is looking downfield instead of running it all the time.  I'm just looking at it from a "get better" point of view as I stated in my first or second post of this thread.  He is still slow at making progressions, but overall, I think he did better today.

Playing with house money is no longer in effect. Dumb plays by Brisette are not acceptable. I still blame #12 for causing all this. I will never forgive him and his very late notice. Our young players are going  to get better we're now one more team looking for a starting quarterback

2 minutes ago, cgi4life said:

Did posters really say they prefer Brissett over Luck or where they just angry at Luck or trying to support Brissett because I can't see any real fan saying that....my guest it was someone trolling. 

Bro. At least a handful said they preferred him. There was even a thread full of them after his 4 TD game. I wish I saved their names. They still post I assume. I wish they'd come out about it. 

But yes some even said they were glad Luck retired. That Brissett is the right guy for this team. That this team plays better with Brissett etc. Hilarious then and even more hilarious now. 

Yet another winnable game that slipped away.  That is 3rd, maybe 4th time this year they gave away games they should’ve won. 

tough when your # 1 WR was meant to be your 4th or 5th. That is why one has to take the poor O performance with a grain of salt. But still, very disappointing. 

The wheels have officially all come off with this team.

I guess, realistically it's just been an illusion.  We're playing with a backup QB, backup running backs, end of the bench receivers, and a kicker playing on borrowed time.

Mr. Ballard has a LOT of work to do.

We had over 5 mins left and go for a deep homerun which is not working for Brisset. Why abondon the screens and intermediate throws that have been working for Doyle, Pascal, and Johnson all day.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well, when I made the post I stand by that.

As of now he looks bad on those INT's, no doubt.  I still like the fact that he is looking downfield instead of running it all the time.  I'm just looking at it from a "get better" point of view as I stated in my first or second post of this thread.  He is still slow at making progressions, but overall, I think he did better today.

I didn't see getting better at all. Forget the interceptions, almost every single completion brissett had today was when his first read was WIDE open or a check down to the RB. The Titans were just playing bad defense the first half which made Brissett look slightly better than usual. Brissett isn't any better than he was week 1 vs the chargers and has made no progression throughout the season. 

Well I will say  Tennessee punter did a hell of a job pinning the Colts deep and making them have to drive the length of the field mostly all day.

This looked like a Pagano-era game in the second half. 

My soul feels filthy just typing that, but it’s true.  

Well, now I get to hear about this at Christmas from my cousin’s husband who’s a major Titans fan.

I think I’ll be “working” on Christmas this year, I don’t mix well with fans of other AFCS teams.

That was a perfect ending to to this season lol. Everything that could go wrong went wrong in 30 seconds lol.

Everyone wants Jacoby to take chances and throw down field then get mad when it results in a INT. The fact we were missing so many skilled players I though we passed the ball pretty good. Defense has to be demoralized. That last td by the titans was ridiculous.

Jacoby is not the answer, Vinny has overstayed after clearly loosing his mechinics, and Franks loyalties have lost the locker room. Do whats right cut Vinny give Kelly a shot and coach your way back to creditability.

1 minute ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Well, now I get to hear about this at Christmas from my cousin’s husband who’s a major Titans fan.

I think I’ll be “working” on Christmas this year, I don’t mix well with fans of other AFCS teams.

I live in Tennessee, so I have to live with it all year 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That was a perfect ending to to this season lol. Everything that could go wrong went wrong in 30 seconds lol.

Everyone wants Jacoby to take chances and throw down field then get mad when it results in a INT. The fact we were missing so many skilled players I though we passed the ball pretty good. Defense has to be demoralized. That last td by the titans was ridiculous.

That's because he isn't good.  That doesn't happen to most quarterbacks.

He is so inaccurate and doesn't have touch.

Fine, if you want to lock my thread have it your way.

This isn’t a game day thread, so I’d appreciate it if it wasn’t locked.

Regardless of whatever, I thought we could start discussing the offseason a little early. The way I see it, we need (in order of need)

-Kicker

-QB

-WR(s)

-DB(s)

-Another pass rusher

All in all, we have some holes to fill, but we’re still in better shape than after the 2016 season.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Bro. At least a handful said they preferred him. There was even a thread full of them after his 4 TD game. I wish I saved their names. They still post I assume. I wish they'd come out about it. 

But yes some even said they were glad Luck retired. That Brissett is the right guy for this team. That this team plays better with Brissett etc. Hilarious then and even more hilarious now. 

Well I take your word.  Ask for me I would never say that I want Luck back badly  but I will support Brissett and think he should get another year as this team continues to grow and hope with a healthy receiving Corp next year. I think he can be the answer with the right team around him.

Those 30 seconds were soul crushing... From kicking for the lead to being down 7 and getting intercepted. WOW! 

Change your photo. That guy is a s s. 

He only completed passes to his first reads that were either wide open or made an adjustment catch. 

show me one play where Jacboy throws someone open or anticipates a receiever being open. A QB who can only complete passes to wide open receievers is a career backup.

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Jacoby is not the answer, Vinny has overstayed after clearly loosing his mechinics, and Franks loyalties have lost the locker room. Do whats right cut Vinny give Kelly a shot and coach your way back to creditability.

Lol. They played their butts off. I am not mad at the effort at all. They did the best they could do. I don’t want to hear the trash talking about Jacoby and the INT at the end. He did what everyone wanted him to do and throw downfield and take chances.

Who ever is not blocking on FG needs to be fired.

3 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

I didn't see getting better at all. Forget the interceptions, almost every single completion brissett had today was when his first read was WIDE open or a check down to the RB. The Titans were just playing bad defense the first half which made Brissett look slightly better than usual. Brissett isn't any better than he was week 1 vs the chargers and has made no progression throughout the season. 

This makes little sense.

You say he made the pass on his first read but is bad on progressions.  What progression does he have to make when he throws the ball on his first read?  If your first read is open you throw it to him.  How can you get better than that?

I guess you and I disagree on what we see.  I think he looked better today by getting rid of the ball instead of tucking it and running with it.  He at least gave his receivers a chance to make a play whereas in weeks past he did not.

Brissett is not the answer, but if not for the kicking game this team would be going to the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

They better keep Kelly on the inactive list next home game too, or the fans will demand they play him!

Heaven forbid we do what the fans want

1 minute ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Fine, if you want to lock my thread have it your way.

This isn’t a game day thread, so I’d appreciate it if it wasn’t locked.

Regardless of whatever, I thought we could start discussing the offseason a little early. The way I see it, we need (in order of need)

-Kicker

-QB

-WR(s)

-DB(s)

-Another pass rusher

All in all, we have some holes to fill, but we’re still in better shape than after the 2016 season.

Thoughts?

that order sounds about right. Some coaching staff changes might need to happen such as ST coach and strength and conditioning.

6-10 will be just fine! Let’s lose the rest and get ready for the draft. Turn out the lights! The party is over. What a shame, it’s tough to see this happen.