Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Smith's weakness is against speed rushers he can't put his hands on them

I agree 100% that's one of his weaknesses when going up against good DEs.

That said, I'd say he's still better than 80% of RTs in the league. There's typically a reason RTs are playing on the right side. I'd also say he'd be better as a guard, and part of his suffering at RT is likely due to his need to over compensate to help out Glow.

 

All in all, I think folks have unrealistic expectations of the OL in general. Top to bottom most rank us in the top 5ish, and at worst in the top 10. I'd also say they'd be easily rated higher if we had a QB with lower time to throw, and one that teams had to focus on more instead of keying on the run.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see how Ballard can afford not to be more aggressive in the WR market next off season, instead of looking for hard bargains 

I think it's time to shut it down this season is over.  Too many injuries and adversity this year.  I will keep cheering each week but we would be better off with higher draft picks next year.

You don’t shut it down until you’re officially out of the race. You keep fighting until someone stops you from fighting. We’re still in this, with or without TY

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

In the NFL draft, 1st get a QB, 2nd a receiver, then focus on defense. JB should be back to his normal position Back-Up. CK would be ok as back up to the back if we decide to keep 3 QBs on the roster.

JB signed a 2 year $30 mil contract with $20 mil guaranteed.

 

You don't pay your backup $15 million dollars after you draft his replacement.  Not only does it not make business sense, it disrupts the locker room and the chain of leadership.

 

If you've you've determined after 10 games that JB is not the answer, then we need to move on from him this spring and cut him.  Then keep Hoyer or Kelly as the backup.

 

If you keep JB on the roster, he will have to play as the starter for most of next year, and your draft pick will sit a year. 

 

My opinion of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Playoffs or not, this season is over. I was ok with a quite free agency last offseason. Won't be ok with it this time. I'm not saying overpay for risky players but can we get 1 differece maker or two?? Next year will be ALL about how we improve our pass rush, if Rock ya sin becomes a good corner, and if our offense can stay healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't think the season is over.  Especially if we can pull this game out. 

Thank you.  All this "pack it in for draft position" talk drives me crazy.  It's so soft (in many cases from the same people complaining about player availability due to injury) . 

 

There are still 5 games left, play out the string with the guys you have,  go all out,  finish strong even if you lose.  You leave with your head up and relish the pain.  

 

In the gym my last thought, no matter how pedestrian that days workout has been, is always "finish strong'.  Past is past, but set a tone, present and future.  You dont just tap out and hope next time a new dude shows up and makes it easier.

 

When you're beat to s#*t you find a little more.  Thats where the 1% better is, that's where the "character" is.  Both things this franchise and fanbase claim to value,  and most of what I've been seeing lately (after a 3 point loss on the road to the division leader) is "shut it down"?  I cant agree.

 

Once you tank, in the back of your mind,  you're always looking for an out.  You're always willing to take a dive.  I dont want that for my Colts.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 6:18 PM, bestQBever said:

Playoffs or not, this season is over. I was ok with a quite free agency last offseason. Won't be ok with it this time. I'm not saying overpay for risky players but can we get 1 differece maker or two?? Next year will be ALL about how we improve our pass rush, if Rock ya sin becomes a good corner, and if our offense can stay healthy.

The rationale with saving all this cap space was supposedly to lock up our own. That being said,  I dont see a lot to lock up. The money has to be spent or they will just keep being not quite good enough.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 11:15 PM, Sumo63 said:

Thank you.  All this "pack it in for draft position" talk drives me crazy.  It's so soft (in many cases from the same people complaining about player availability due to injury) . 

 

There are still 5 games left, play out the string with the guys you have,  go all out,  finish strong even if you lose.  You leave with your head up and relish the pain.  

 

In the gym my last thought, no matter how pedestrian that days workout has been, is always "finish strong'.  Past is past, but set a tone, present and future.  You dont just tap out and hope next time a new dude shows up and makes it easier.

 

When you're beat to s#*t you find a little more.  Thats where the 1% better is, that's where the "character" is.  Both things this franchise and fanbase claim to value,  and most of what I've been seeing lately (after a 3 point loss on the road to the division leader) is "shut it down"?  I cant agree.

 

Once you tank, in the back of your mind,  you're always looking for an out.  You're always willing to take a dive.  I dont want that for my Colts.

 

 

 

 

 I’m with you there.
 

  Funny, even though the “season is over”, the Colts aren’t cleaning out their lockers. Hmmm, must not have gotten the message.

  The Colts are 6-6. Oakland, Tenn and Pittsburgh have some tough games ahead of them.  Why would a fan give up before they’re eliminated? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, stitches said:

Those setbacks continue to happen. I don't know if this is normal but we continue putting players back in play only for them to suffer setbacks and make things worse. :wall:

I’m becoming convinced that the Colts medical staff and trainers are among the worst in the league.  This stuff has gone past ridiculous at this point. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I’m becoming convinced that the Colts medical staff and trainers are among the worst in the league.  This stuff has gone past ridiculous. 

You can’t make it up. The Colts have had a lot of injuries going back to the Manning days. Is it bad luck, the turf, bad strength and conditioning or something in the water? :dunno:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MPStack said:

You can’t make it up. The Colts have had a lot of injuries going back to the Manning days. Is it bad luck, the turf, bad strength and conditioning or something in the water? :dunno:

 

I swear, something about this turf does not sit well with me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 11:15 PM, Sumo63 said:

Thank you.  All this "pack it in for draft position" talk drives me crazy.  It's so soft (in many cases from the same people complaining about player availability due to injury) . 

 

There are still 5 games left, play out the string with the guys you have,  go all out,  finish strong even if you lose.  You leave with your head up and relish the pain.  

 

In the gym my last thought, no matter how pedestrian that days workout has been, is always "finish strong'.  Past is past, but set a tone, present and future.  You dont just tap out and hope next time a new dude shows up and makes it easier.

 

When you're beat to s#*t you find a little more.  Thats where the 1% better is, that's where the "character" is.  Both things this franchise and fanbase claim to value,  and most of what I've been seeing lately (after a 3 point loss on the road to the division leader) is "shut it down"?  I cant agree.

 

Once you tank, in the back of your mind,  you're always looking for an out.  You're always willing to take a dive.  I dont want that for my Colts.

 

 

 

 

I fully expect the Colts to continue to try to win games.  I also expect that they will not make the playoffs despite that.  Despite their best efforts...just too many injuries on the offense to overcome.  I also expect that I will console myself by the improved draft positioning that will result from that. So I’m pretty much emotionally insulated in regards to this team for this season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I fully expect the Colts to continue to try to win games.  I also expect that they will not make the playoffs despite that.  Despite their best efforts...just too many injuries on the offense to overcome.  I also expect that I will console myself by the improved draft positioning that will result from that. So I’m pretty much emotionally insulated in regards to this team for this season. 

I cant argue against any of that.  I just grow weary of "tank talk".  After Sunday I dont expect a post season this year either.  "Despite their best efforts" is a great way to say it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got to wonder how many of these guys would be healthier if the team was doing better and in the hunt for post season success. Not saying they aren't hurt, but a lot of guys play hurt this time of the season. But if you're not going anywhere why take the chance of greater injury? Shut it down, recover and come back next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, DougDew said:

JB signed a 2 year $30 mil contract with $20 mil guaranteed.

 

You don't pay your backup $15 million dollars after you draft his replacement.  Not only does it not make business sense, it disrupts the locker room and the chain of leadership.

 

If you've you've determined after 10 games that JB is not the answer, then we need to move on from him this spring and cut him.  Then keep Hoyer or Kelly as the backup.

 

If you keep JB on the roster, he will have to play as the starter for most of next year, and your draft pick will sit a year. 

 

My opinion of course.

most draft picks take a while to see if they can adjust to the nfl from college , some can some cant, the draft is a crap shoot, day one starters are rare finds

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 12:13 PM, Chloe6124 said:

This all may turn out to be a blessing. We will get a much better draft pick.

the browns have gotten top draft picks for years and are still bad, teams cant just rely on the draft alone for talent. we should join the texans and titans and use the pats model to put proven talent on the roster, we are being left in the dust waiting on draft picks to develop

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Personally, I like Redtails. It's a nod to the legendary Tuskegee Airmen, so a nice 180 from what was considered to be a derogatory name previously. It's the same length as Redskins, so logo & signage-wise, it's easier. It also fits right in with their current fight song & sayings, so from a fan perspective it works.   It most likely has to do with the capital beltway (I-495) and I'm assuming people that live within it are called "belters". Not the best nickname....
    • My votes counts for absolutely nothing, of course.  But I really don’t like the idea of moving Big Q out to tackle.   I don’t know what kind of LT he would make.  But I do know that he’s almost certainly the best LG in the league.  So we know we’d be losing the best at one position and likely getting an LT who would be something significantly less than the best in the league.   I know it’s not the same thing.  But imagine watching John Stockton perform as one of the best PGs in NBA history and then, because he’s so fantastic and the Jazz decides they need help at SG, moving him there.   Moving Smith over there might make some more sense.  At least he’s a tackle, and a pretty good one.  But LT is a big-time specialty on the O-Line.  And we need to get somebody who has the experience and physical attributes to play that position at a high level....without, hopefully, raiding other positions on our line.
    • @EastStreet   Can we have these added to flash mock 
    • Well, I guess somebody has to be last.   Do I have any draft capital to trade up?
    • Based on the numerous times i used the draft simulator it depends on who falls.  I want to say Waddle fell and I had to  decide to take Waddle or take in a haul.  This is not unrealistic if a player falls that another team loves.  I only do trades that are offered.  Most of the time i don't get trade offers and roll whats on the board.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...