Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ty out again

love the shoe

17 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

WR is not hard to hit in FA. You’ll have to fork over a good amount, but we likely won’t be splurging, since Ballard never does, so we would have enough to cover a WR. Also, you can find good WR in later rounds. TY is proof of that.

It doesn’t look like there is going to be many in FA.  Ballard took Campbell in the second and it’s  time to take another in the first or second.  We have built a pretty great defense. Now it’s time to add some skill players on offense. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Oh. OK, scrap them  and rebuild. You're right. My bad.

I didn't say that but the whole right side is an issue.  Glowinski , Smith . Move Smith inside,  replace Glowinski.  Smith doesn't have the feet for tackle and Glow is a guy should be a backup on an elite line.  

48 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Hehe..I did on tuesday. Titans +2.5...It's now +1

Yeah , hard to figure the Colts will win the way watching the two teams play lately. But thing with the colts is they seem to play well when you least expect it ?

I made my first bet all year .. Buff +6.5. Also took them even at +$240.

I like under 43.5 in our game.

20 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

I didn't say that but the whole right side is an issue.  Glowinski , Smith . Move Smith inside,  replace Glowinski.  Smith doesn't have the feet for tackle and Glow is a guy should be a backup on an elite line.  

The premise of the this we need to totally rebuild the offense. I disagreed as our OL is judged by many so called experts as a top five unit. You disagreed that our OL is top five. I would guess there is about 30 teams in the NFL that would trade OLs with the Colts.  End of story.

8 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I don't see how Ballard can afford not to be more aggressive in the WR market next off season, instead of looking for hard bargains 

Watch out for the stones flying your way. Many fans have stated their fine with this mediocre wr/TE group because Cain and fountain will ball out next year. 

33 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

The premise of the this we need to totally rebuild the offense. I disagreed as our OL is judged by many so called experts as a top five unit. You disagreed that our OL is top five. I would guess there is about 30 teams in the NFL that would trade OLs with the Colts.  End of story.

You  are delusional. But carry on.  Not this year. Inconsistent . Outsiders has them 9th , that sounds about right.  

13 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

You  are delusional. But carry on.  Not this year. Inconsistent . Outsiders has them 9th , that sounds about right.  

The oline doesn’t need rebuilt. We need to move smith back to guard and look for another RT. We also need to think of the future without AC and start planning. Kelly and big Q are at the top of their positions. Having a new QB has also led to a some of the issues.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

The oline doesn’t need rebuilt. We need to move smith back to guard and look for another RT. We also need to think of the future without AC and start planning. Kelly and big Q are at the top of their positions. Having a new QB has also led to a some of the issues.

I didn't  say it did. It needs tweaked.   

57 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yeah , hard to figure the Colts will win the way watching the two teams play lately. But thing with the colts is they seem to play well when you least expect it ?

I wouldn't put too much faith in the Titans either.  They don't always show out in these big games. 

2 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

While I would prefer nonsense to get a look at RG, and agree that Glow is a weak link, nonsense just got honorable mention from PFF and is graded as the 11th best OT regardless of side. And every OL has a "weak link". Overall we do have a top 5 OL and is rated/ranked by most services as such.

In addition, if JB didn't have such a high time to throw (he's bottom 5), the OL would likely be ranked even higher. 

Here's what PFF has to say on nonsense.

OT Braden Smith

In his first full season as an offensive tackle, Smith ranks as PFF's 11th overall tackle (75.0). He has been a reliable presence, playing all 768 of the Colts' offensive snaps. He continues working on his pass blocking, with a grade of 64.1 in that category, but has been a high-quality run blocker, ranking fourth in the NFL among tackles (82.3).

With Smith holding down the right side of the line, the Colts have done very well on the ground in 2019. They rank third in the league at 144.2 yards per game, with eight 100-yard rushing performances in 11 games. That includes five games with at least 150 yards, four with at least 175 and two with at least 200.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

While I would prefer nonsense to get a look at RG, and agree that Glow is a weak link, nonsense just got honorable mention from PFF and is graded as the 11th best OT regardless of side. And every OL has a "weak link". Overall we do have a top 5 OL and is rated/ranked by most services as such.

In addition, if JB didn't have such a high time to throw (he's bottom 5), the OL would likely be ranked even higher. 

That's all well and good but I don't put any stock in PFF , sorry. This line isn't performing near as well as last season. We are just going to agree to disagree.  They look great a couple weeks , Chiefs , Jags (but who doesn't and the Chiefs D is an injury riddled mess everybody scores on ) and get physically manhandled others , Raiders ,  Steelers , Broncos ) . Inconsistent.  Given up already more sacks than last year a couple weeks ago  , and blaming Jacoby is convenient,  but inaccurate to a large extent imo. Smith is a turnstile and Glow can be had on the pass rush. 

6 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

That's all well and good but I don't put any stock in PFF , sorry. This line isn't performing near as well as last season. We just going to agree to disagree.  

It's not just PFF. NextGen and ESPN as well.... 

I guess all of them are wrong lol... But I'm sure you've watched and graded all the other teams.

19 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

That's all well and good but I don't put any stock in PFF , sorry. This line isn't performing near as well as last season. We are just going to agree to disagree.  They look great a couple weeks , Chiefs , Jags (but who doesn't and the Chiefs D is an injury riddled mess everybody scores on ) and get physically manhandled others , Raiders ,  Steelers , Broncos ) . Inconsistent.  Given up already more sacks than last year a couple weeks ago  , and blaming Jacoby is convenient,  but inaccurate to a large extent imo. 

I mean, JB has had the 6th longest time from the snap to throw this year (edited after I looked it up).

I don’t think Glow is very good either, and Braden has struggled at times, even AC has, but it’s been better than most OL’s around the league.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I mean, I’m pretty sure Jacoby has had one of the longest time to throw avg’s in the league this year.

I don’t think Glow is very good either, and Braden has struggled at times, even AC has, but it’s been better than most OL’s around the league.

It is. And I agree 9th is about right( Outsiders ) . Few lines great all the way across. Jacoby has been handing the ball off 60, 65  percent of the time , so I don't think it's all on him. They simply aren't as good this year .  

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

It is. And I agree 9th is about right( Outsiders ) . Few lines great all the way across. Jacoby has been handing the ball off 60, 65  percent of the time , so I don't think it's all on him. They simply aren't as good this year .  

When a QB has both a high time to throw, AND is not effective passing, it makes it much harder on the OL pass blocking (holding it longer), and run blocking (since teams are keying more on the run).

Obviously your expertise trumps all the pros and services, so what do you think the JB impact has on the OL's performance?

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

When a QB has both a high time to throw, AND is not effective passing, it makes it much harder on the OL pass blocking (holding it longer), and run blocking (since teams are keying more on the run).

Obviously your expertise trumps all the pros and services, so what do you think the JB impact has on the OL's performance?

Yeah, I said it at the beginning of the year, that we would see way more sacks this year than last. And part of that is because allowing only 18 sacks is absurd, but mostly because Luck got the ball out a lot faster than I figured Brissett would be able to do.

I talked about possible OL regression as much as anybody, but they’ve done very well under the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I said it at the beginning of the year, that we would see way more sacks this year than last. And part of that is because allowing only 18 sacks is absurd, but mostly because Luck got the ball out a lot faster than I figured Brissett would be able to do.

I talked about possible OL regression as much as anybody, but they’ve done very well under the circumstances.

Yup. All this "OL is bad" talk is pretty hilarious. Just like Holder was blaming Nelson for getting shoved back into Brissett last week....  He held the block for like 7 seconds lol.... He was giving ground purposefully because any OL knows you have to maintain separation to counter swim and/or spin moves by the DL.

7 seconds... 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. All this "OL is bad" talk is pretty hilarious. Just like Holder was blaming Nelson for getting shoved back into Brissett last week....  He held the block for like 7 seconds lol.... He was giving ground purposefully because any OL knows you have to maintain separation to counter swim and/or spin moves by the DL.

7 seconds... 

Yup. And oh, don’t even get me started on Holder. His disparaging tweet about Jordan Love’s stats recently?  Even though he admitted he doesn’t follow college football/doesn’t know his situation. I could rant on and on about Holder, dude is my least favorite Colts reporter. And not even as a writer, he’s fine, but holier than thou attitude toward any sort of criticism.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yup. And oh, don’t even get me started on Holder. His disparaging tweet about Jordan Love’s stats recently?  Even though he admitted he doesn’t follow college football/doesn’t know his situation. I could rant on and on about Holder, dude is my least favorite Colts reporter. And not even as a writer, he’s fine, but holier than thou attitude toward any sort of criticism.

I don't care for Holder at all, but I just checked and it wasn't him (on the OL). Had to be fair lol...It was Ayello, who was actually fair once called out.

It was Holder though who was dismissing JB's performance vs Houston because of the magical zone D that irritated me most recently. On Love, yes, he really needs to do his homework before opening his twitter up...

6 hours ago, dw49 said:

We also took the Bills +7 and the moneyline +245....This game kept us at breaking even for the Thanksgiving games. Lost the under on the Bears/Lions game which cost us a 4 game parlay..Crap!!  I also like the under on the Colts game.

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

What do you mean we are done for the season?  Have some faith!  There are still many good players on this team and they aren't quitting! Duh!  Cheer on your Colts and think positive!!

I was just about to say the same thing. but with a much worse attitude. Thanks for beating me to it. 

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Smith's weakness is against speed rushers he can't put his hands on them

14 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Turay = on IR after 5 games, thus 11 games

Lewis = 3 games, although it's felt like more

Losing Turay really sucked. I really like him and he was starting to tear it up. Hope he comes back in a big way next year

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Which is why he needs to move back to guard.

Smith would do well at guard I think. But who do we get to play tackle?

Archived