Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ty out again

love the shoe

I'm going to defend Chris Ballard here. Looking at the free agent wide receivers list for 2019 there is only one having a solid season John Brown. Funchess was a gamble that hasn't worked out. I'm not going to bash Ballard for taking a gamble on Funchess. When you sign a free agent either it works out or it doesn't. 

I would seriously take a look at signing Robby Anderson or Nelson Agholor this offseason. Amari Cooper is likely to get tagged and AJ Green is 33 hasn't seen the field this season. There is also the possibility of bringing back Funchess. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

I'm going to defend Chris Ballard here. Looking at the free agent wide receivers list for 2019 there is only one having a solid season John Brown. Funchess was a gamble that hasn't worked out. I'm not going to bash Ballard for taking a gamble on Funchess. When you sign a free agent either it works out or it doesn't. 

I would seriously take a look at signing Robby Anderson or Nelson Agholor this offseason. Amari Cooper is likely to get tagged and AJ Green is 33 hasn't seen the field this season. There is also the possibility of bringing back Funchess. 

I wouldn’t say DF didn’t work out. Injuries give him a pass. They might even decide to bring him back. 

Bottom line this offense is going to have to be totally rebuilt next season. Right now outside of TY pascal and Campbell are the only two who should be brought back. The other 3 spots are wide open.

• Like 1

I don't think Ballard deserves criticism at all.

He knows the receiver corps isn't NFL quality, even when we had Luck at QB.  Its the main reason why he added DF and PC in the offseason, and Ebron before that.  None of those additions have had much chance to play, and Ebron blew some chances.

It looks like we'll be adding TE to the round 1 or 2 draft pick discussion.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can't catch a break, might as well put TY on IR. 

TY had an incredible 2018 considering all the injuries he played through. Now no Andrew Luck and what appears to be another series of injuries , only more severe. 

As far as putting on IR , I think there's no benefit for the Colts to do what you infer. Just "end the misery " and can the season ?  Other than maybe picking a couple spots higher , this makes no sense unless they are sure he's done for 2019. 

That said , I understand your frustration. This has no doubt been a surreal year, I also think there's enough in the past 2 seasons to make one wonder if TY is breaking down.

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

TY had an incredible 2018 considering all the injuries he played through. Now no Andrew Luck and what appears to be another series of injuries , only more severe. 

As far as putting on IR , I think there's no benefit for the Colts to do what you infer. Just "end the misery " and can the season ?  Other than maybe picking a couple spots higher , this makes no sense unless they are sure he's done for 2019. 

That said , I understand your frustration. This has no doubt been a surreal year, I also think there's enough in the past 2 seasons to make one wonder if TY is breaking down.

He is done this team isn't going anywhere anyway besides down.

26 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wouldn’t say DF didn’t work out. Injuries give him a pass. They might even decide to bring him back. 

Bottom line this offense is going to have to be totally rebuilt next season. Right now outside of TY pascal and Campbell are the only two who should be brought back. The other 3 spots are wide open.

Totally rebuilt? Sounds like you gave up on our top 5 offensive line.

8 minutes ago, dw49 said:

He just can't stay healthy, hence the post.

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah, I’d hope they consider bringing Funch back too. I still think he could do well here. Could probably get him on a pretty good contract, maybe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I’d hope they consider bringing Funch back too. I still think he could do well here. Could probably get him on a pretty good contract, maybe.

We can still bring him back and draft another WR. That would be a pretty sweet group as long as it doesn’t end up like this year. 

Idk anymore. All the injuries to key players makes this offense just too predictable and one dimensional. Hilton, Ebron and Mack all being out/done for the season just makes it even more predictable. Guys can’t get any separation in the passing game, and even when they do, it seems we’re too afraid to throw downfield. It’ll be a interesting off season. 

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He just can't stay healthy, hence the post.

If they lose to Tenn . there is a chance they give up on him coming back. If we win , we are said to  have a 50% chance (up from our now 30% chance) of making the playoffs. No way Colts just say "the guy can't stay healthy" and IR him.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No I wasn’t counting them in that. Although we do need to do something with the right side.

Looks to me like we need to replace Glowinski , add a pass rusher , draft our future QB and add a good DT. With a middle first , high second and middle second , it will be tough to add WR to that wish list. Too bad FA is so ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Shepman said:

I think it's time to shut it down this season is over.  Too many injuries and adversity this year.  I will keep cheering each week but we would be better off with higher draft picks next year.

You don’t shut it down until you’re officially out of the race. You keep fighting until someone stops you from fighting. We’re still in this, with or without TY

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, love the shoe said:

I think we are done . Please get rid of Rodgers and get some decent receivers next year 

3 hours ago, love the shoe said:

Man it just keeps getting worse every week . Will so.eone step up this week please ?

3 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Going to be tough generating a decent offense. No Campbell, Hilton, or Ebron - Yeesh 

Yet Rogers and many others not named TY were running wide open last week vs Houston's zone.

It's clear who didn't step up last week. Let's hope it's different this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

Idk anymore. All the injuries to key players makes this offense just too predictable and one dimensional. Hilton, Ebron and Mack all being out/done for the season just makes it even more predictable. Guys can’t get any separation in the passing game, and even when they do, it seems we’re too afraid to throw downfield. It’ll be a interesting off season. 

Williams did fantastic last week, and we didn't skip a beat in the running game.

Ebron has had a heavily reduced role all year from the get go.

TY was ineffective and on a pitch count last week yet we had WRs and TEs running wide open all over the place. His numbers all year have regressed as has the rest of the pass catchers.

We can win this, but JB needs to step up and find the open guys. And there were plenty of open guys last week vs Houston's zone. TN plays zone more than Houston, and are a bad pass defense and bad blitzing team. A decent QB can pick TN apart with just Pascal, Doyle, and Hines. 

45 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

You don’t shut it down until you’re officially out of the race. You keep fighting until someone stops you from fighting. We’re still in this, with or without TY

This^^^^
 A lot of broken ankles this year: Wilkins and 9,325 Colts fans jumping off the bandwagon. Geees!!!

• Thanks 3

For everybody panicking...

It’s the Titans.

It’s not us vs the entire world.

It’s just us vs the Titans.

Simple as that.

I remember us feeling the same way before the Chiefs game, and that one turned out ok.

And whether we win or lose, life will go on. The zombies won’t start rising if we lose.

With that said...

GO COLTS

BEAT THE TITANS

And Happy Thanksgiving

21 minutes ago, P'Son said:

What a bunch of sour pusses.  Colts will still win the AFCS.

I still have faith in us to claw our way back to our rightful throne

• Like 1