Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see how Ballard can afford not to be more aggressive in the WR market next off season, instead of looking for hard bargains 

I think it's time to shut it down this season is over.  Too many injuries and adversity this year.  I will keep cheering each week but we would be better off with higher draft picks next year.

You don’t shut it down until you’re officially out of the race. You keep fighting until someone stops you from fighting. We’re still in this, with or without TY

Posted Images

Its been a tough year to evaluate players.

Time to think about reloading with the same offensive players we went into the season with this year, except surely knowing that we have to replace our TE who is leaving and maybe also the WR who we signed on a one year deal.

9 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Going to be tough generating a decent offense. No Campbell, Hilton, or Ebron - Yeesh 

It looks like Parris might be able to go. He is practicing again with the same glove. If he can play and have ball security he will go Reich said.  Maybe he gets to play on the outside more.

The season is finished. It’s just ridiculous what has happened this year.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

It looks like Parris might be able to go. He is practicing again with the same glove. If he can play and have ball security he will go Reich said.  Maybe he gets to play on the outside more.

The season is finished. It’s just ridiculous what has happened this year.

Agreed. The X-Factor remains Brissett however no matter who is playing. Fully expect now for Tennessee to stack the box and force us to beat them through the air. Reich will need to dail up those “Chunk” plays to keep them honest. 

they wont really pack it in as long as the team is in contention, but it might be interesting to see what they do if they get eliminated 

i doubt they will play chad until maybe the last game of the season but maybe they tell Jacoby to air it out and just go for, nothing to lose at that point

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

I think we are done . Please get rid of Rodgers and get some decent receivers next year 

Ha!

year after year, Rogers seems to be the only guy available for 16 games.  We get rid of him and there is no one left.

Most under appreciated guy on the team.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

Seems like every year injuries through out all  the positions, i know it is the game until you look at some other teams that don't have that same problem, PATS,RAVENS, etc I wonder if it is the turf?

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

There’s another thread here with injury data for all teams. Surprisingly, we are 14th in that category, so average. Where NE and NO are the most injured teams... 

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Lol might bet the house on the titans 

Titans are in a great spot to win the division with two games against the Texans.

Makes me wonder if going so soft in the pre season to make sure we started with no injuries have ended up costing us more injuries. These guys never got toughened up.

Sorry no team can lose half their WR and QB for 2 games and have success. We haven’t just missed one game here and there. They have missed significant time.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I don't see how Ballard can afford not to be more aggressive in the WR market next off season, instead of looking for hard bargains 

Yeah. Where is our Hopkins or Fuller. We don’t have Luck anymore. You have to start getting some stud WR.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Well we have a loaded class at WR and our draft position is going to be pretty good.

Every year, that is said about the upcoming class at a given position or two. EVERY year.

usually, 1-3 of all those selected will be “studs” the others will be average and about once every 5 years, a true SUPER STAR emerges. It truly is a crap shoot

• Like 4

This season is going to be one of the ones we say what if. We are in such a even bigger rebuilding mode. From the entire offense to aging guys on the dline. Its going to be a struggle the next few seasons. Now we get to see how good ballard really is when he doesn’t have a QB like Luck.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Every year, that is said about the upcoming class at a given position or two. EVERY year.

usually, 1-3 of all those selected will be “studs” the others will be average and about once every 5 years, a true SUPER STAR emerges. It truly is a crap shoot

I would say last years WR class has had a lot of success. But if we go out and get more moncriefs and Dorset’s we are screwed.

lol over the last couple years i’ve grown accustomed to this  Vontae had the nagging ankle/groin injury toler had the groin injury our Wr have had hamstring/calf injuries we seem to always get the nagging injuries in which they aren’t gone for the season but they can’t produce enough at a high level without the injury flaring up again 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It's been a few years now. Let's re-grade.   Rock Ya-Sin grade C+ - I don't think Rock is a bad player. Unfortunately, Rock hasn't learned in the past two years that the NFL game is called much differently then college. A lot of the grabs he got away with don't fly here and that gets him beat rather that's a PI call or a long completion. Rock has shown good coverage when he turns his head and he's a solid tackler, but he still has a lot to work on.   Ben Banogu Grade D - Banogu had flashes his rookie year with obviously his biggest play being his strip sack on Flacco, but was a heathly scratch for basically his entire 2nd year which tells me coaches didn't like his work ethic and/or how he practiced which is concerning to me because he was already a project player to start and now goes through the same hurdles of Tyquan Lewis.    Parris Campbell - Grade incomplete - I don't know what to make of Campbell. The kid is a playmaker, however he has had unfortunate injuries to start his career. I still think him and Pittman can be our future at the WR position, but Campbell has a big year 3 ahead of him to prove he can stay healthy and produce.   Bobby Okereke Grade B minus - Bobby imo gets the most hype from our coaches and some of it is warranted, but Bobby doesn't exactly scream difference-maker to me like the colts do. He's a solid LBer with average/good coverage ability, but his play recognition and ability to shed blocks leaves a lot to desire. He's a good rotational/situational LBer, but I dont see a 3 down LBer.   Khari Willis Grade A - Willis imo is best player in this draft class. Willis has produced since his rookie and continued into this year as well. He's a hard hitting box safety who has continuous disrupted plays. I can see Willis and Blackmon making a great combination for years to come.   Marvell Tell - Grade incomplete - Tell had a nice start to his rookie year, but he opted out last year so it's a wait and see approach to understand what we have.   E.J Speed - Grade B - Speed has mostly played STs, but him along with Franklin and Adams have given us a really good Special Team unit.   Gerri Green, Jackson Barton, Javon Patterson Either no longer on the team or practice squad player.    
    • @chad72 one other thing I'd strongly recommend considering, is having a lottery for the Colts (instead of first come first serve). I can't remember how we did it, but I know we gave everyone a chance. We did have several fans from other teams participating, and we made exceptions for them (since no one else had strong feelings about the teams they wanted). So for us, NFLFan would have the option for MN, some of the Charger fans could pick LAC, etc..       
    • I'd love to see EJ emerge. He's definitely got the measurables. I just have tempered my expectations knowing he's a small school dice roll. Thought we'd see him get some time last year, but instead still saw small bits of the other depth guys.   there's some decent FAs that IMO would be an upgrade, and wouldn't cost a bunch. If we could pick up a guy from a cap squeezed team like Jaylon Brown for like 8Mish a year, I think he'd be perfect for our scheme and a 3 down guy. An aging vet like Perryman or KJ Wright might work out too on a modest short term deal. Perryman might be just a 2 down guy, but his coverage was not bad at all last year.  We're in a 4-2-5 set 60+% of the time already. We've never used the SAM a lot even with both Walker and Oke. In 2019, it was Walker at MIKE on 1st and 2nd (and short yardage), Oke at MIKE on 3rd (and obvious passing downs), and then Oke sometimes at SAM vs teams that ran the edge a lot or obvious run downs. Last year Oke started eating into Walker's 2nd down snaps, and we simply played lite more.    Purely my opinion, but you don't want to see Adams or Franklin taking MIKE snaps unless it's an emergency. And definitely not Glasgow. And keep in mind that EJ is still pretty thin. Oke is undersized already at MIKE. EJ is taller than Oke, but 10lbs lighter. Perhaps EJ put on some good weight, but IMO, his lack of power/strength is likely a factor keeping him off the field. He's probably more suited for WILL than MIKE to be honest. If he can pack 15-20lbs of good weight on, and keep his twitch, he could make for a very nice MIKE. It'll be interesting to see if he's made progress in the offesason. Walker was the QB of the D in 2019, and it was him in 2019 and 2020 that filled in at WILL when Leonard was out. That was a little surprising to me as Oke was "billed" as faster and rangier... Peculiar...   Anyway, his asking price is not what concerns me. He's not going to command a lot in this market, and he's not ranked in the top 200 FAs (PFF) either. What my gut tells me is he'd rather play in 3-4 where IMO he'd be much more productive, and would fit his skill sets better. Better fit for him, and probably more lucrative long term. He also can't be happy with Oke eating into his snaps, especially when Oke isn't playing well. Anyway, I really don't want to see Oke playing early downs. He got tore up early downs at MIKE when Leonard was out. If he's our 3 down guy, I can see teams running right at him.
    • Watt is not a good scheme fit. Period. Especially not at that price point and having played his entire career in basically the same scheme. I don't care what anyone says but Houston would be a really logical signing. You don't need him to be Superman with Buckner doing 3 tech.  If worse comes to worst with this cap squeeze, you could get Houston on a one year rental for a discount. He's already cleared almost $100M over his career and he was solid in 2020. There is no way I chase Watt in FA for a premium coming out of a 3-4 scheme. Green Bay is a much better fit for him. 
    • Jabril Cox would be a nice upgrade from Walker and Oke.  Especially since we play the 4-2-5 60% of the time.  He can cover and blitz, two things that Oke and Walker can't do.
  • Members

• BlackTiger

BlackTiger 65

• newb767

newb767 0

• CR91

CR91 6,366

• MikeCurtis

MikeCurtis 2,243

• Virtuoso80

Virtuoso80 196

• Samu-Rye