Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
hoosierhawk

Sunday's game

Recommended Posts

Woke up this morning ready to eat some turkey and looked at Bleacher Report. Not much happening yet but this feeling came over me that we are going to show up big Sunday and have a nice victory. Hope it wasn't a dream. Happy Turkey Day to you all!!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Woke up this morning ready to eat some turkey and looked at Bleacher Report. Not much happening yet but this feeling came over me that we are going to show up big Sunday and have a nice victory. Hope it wasn't a dream. Happy Turkey Day to you all!!

I'm indifferent  at this point. If we do make the playoffs  can we compete  with the ravens and Patriots 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I'm indifferent  at this point. If we do make the playoffs  can we compete  with the ravens and Patriots 

I think our defense would match up decently against 2019 Brady. The Ravens on the other hand... I think the Browns were the only team to slow Lamar down and that was early in the season. I actually thought the Rams D would at least stop him once... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any day that has a BIRD in it is a Good day !! Therefore Beowulf and I are in a good mood. We are very confident about Sunday. In fact we are feeling good about our chances to get into the play-offs !! GO COLTS !!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts are NOT going to win this Sunday! You can take that to the bsnk!!!

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

Colts are NOT going to win this Sunday! You can take that to the bank!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we have our offensive line and starters on D, I expect this game to look like a lot of other games we've won, or lost.  Hopefully, JB will display his usual accuracy with the short passes, unlike the HOU game.

 

Its possible that the Titans will be more aggressive on D and blitz all day long because our skill position starters are out.  That aggressive play may impact our O.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Colts are NOT going to win this Sunday! You can take that to the bsnk!!!

 

I would never trust my money in a bsnk.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Colts are NOT going to win this Sunday! You can take that to the bsnk!!!

 

 The bank is not open on Sundays. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

JB throws 145 yds lose by 4, 21-17 TN wins.

I wanna argue with this, but.........

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DougDew said:

As long as we have our offensive line and starters on D, I expect this game to look like a lot of other games we've won, or lost.  Hopefully, JB will display his usual accuracy with the short passes, unlike the HOU game.

 

Its possible that the Titans will be more aggressive on D and blitz all day long because our skill position starters are out.  That aggressive play may impact our O.

I’d like to see our team develop a game plan of quick hitting passes, PAP, crossing patterns, more screens instead of watching JB pat the ball staring at his first target trying to uncover 30 yards downfield, only to get sacked, rushed or throw that 3 yard ball for a gain of 4. I don’t understand what it’s going to take to get an offense that can utilize JB’s underwhelming passing strengths.  An we only adjust an offense during an off season here? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

So far this season I still have no clue who is going to show up. 

I have no idea either what Colts team will show up. I think it is do or die for JB tomorrow though in many people's eyes. Many people already have their minds made up he isn't the future but if he plays well tomorrow and we win with no TY, no Ebron, and no Mack that will show a lot. The Titans and Tannehill are rolling right now. Henry is a beast too. We aren't playing the normal Titans where we just show up and win.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have no idea either what Colts team will show up. I think it is do or die for JB tomorrow though in many people's eyes. Many people already have their minds made up he isn't the future but if he plays well tomorrow and we win with no TY, no Ebron, and no Mack that will show a lot. The Titans and Tannehill are rolling right now. Henry is a beast too. We aren't playing the normal Titans where we just show up and win.

 

  Brissett seems easy to game plan for.
  He doesn't threaten downfield with accurate throws and isn't in sink with his receivers reading and adjusting to coverages for quick. accurate throws.
 What more could a defensive co-ordinator ask for?
  The lack of progress in our passing game is surprising and clear.
And painful to watch.
   And we don't have Mariotta to give the game away to us.
  Creating turnovers is how we win this game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

  Brissett seems easy to game plan for.
  He doesn't threaten downfield with accurate throws and isn't in sink with his receivers reading and adjusting to coverages for quick. accurate throws.
 What more could a defensive co-ordinator ask for?
  The lack of progress in our passing game is surprising and clear.
And painful to watch.
   And we don't have Mariotta to give the game away to us.
  Creating turnovers is how we win this game.

Regarding winning the game, I was thinking the same thing. We need turnovers and get an early lead so that takes Henry out of the game. If the Titans control the game with Henry we are in trouble. I look at our offense right now and this what is scary, our #1 WR tomorrow is going to Pascal, #2 Rogers. I am hoping Hines makes some big plays and Doyle comes up big otherwise this may be a long day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would send Hines deep early (opening up the playbook) and let JB air one out to him to throw the Titans off. Even if the pass goes incomplete, the threat will be there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would send Hines deep early (opening up the playbook) and let JB air one out to him to throw the Titans off. Even if the pass goes incomplete, the threat will be there.

We should always be throwing a couple passes deep every game just to keep a defense thinking about it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I’d like to see our team develop a game plan of quick hitting passes, PAP, crossing patterns, more screens instead of watching JB pat the ball staring at his first target trying to uncover 30 yards downfield, only to get sacked, rushed or throw that 3 yard ball for a gain of 4. I don’t understand what it’s going to take to get an offense that can utilize JB’s underwhelming passing strengths.  An we only adjust an offense during an off season here? 

Hard to throw those quick slant passes with the LB's playing up.  Teams don't respect the throw so they stack the box with their entire secondary to stop our running game.  Defenses are playing us with one high and everyone else up close.  Heck, I saw the Texans ballboys and a parking lot attendant in the box last week.  No respect at all (ala Rodney Dangerfield), but it's not like our passing game deserves it.

 

In all seriousness, though, I think we can should run the slants when we spread them out.  It's just amazing that Reich hasn't called those a lot more.  It would really help JB get some confidence in the receivers and build some rapport.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DougDew said:

As long as we have our offensive line and starters on D, I expect this game to look like a lot of other games we've won, or lost.  Hopefully, JB will display his usual accuracy with the short passes, unlike the HOU game.

 

Its possible that the Titans will be more aggressive on D and blitz all day long because our skill position starters are out.  That aggressive play may impact our O.

I bet you’re right about the aggressiveness of the Titans D. Without T.Y. or Ebron to take attention down field, zone blitz all day. The Texans showed that covering underneath while blitzing on 3rd down pretty well makes Jacoby inert.
 

For the better part of the last game, Jacoby looked like a deer in headlights with zone coverage and blitzing to get pressure on later downs. I expect this trend to continue this Sunday.
 

We’ll see if Reich can dial up timely screens, quick slants, and some deep routes to take advantage of the non stop blitzing were about to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dasteez said:

I bet you’re right about the aggressiveness of the Titans D. Without T.Y. or Ebron to take attention down field, zone blitz all day. The Texans showed that covering underneath while blitzing on 3rd down pretty well makes Jacoby inert.
 

For the better part of the last game, Jacoby looked like a deer in headlights with zone coverage and blitzing to get pressure on later downs. I expect this trend to continue this Sunday.
 

We’ll see if Reich can dial up timely screens, quick slants, and some deep routes to take advantage of the non stop blitzing were about to see. 

Hmm...what is this "screen" you speak of?  This is foreign to a Colts offense.  I must research this...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Hard to throw those quick slant passes with the LB's playing up.  Teams don't respect the throw so they stack the box with their entire secondary to stop our running game.  Defenses are playing us with one high and everyone else up close.  Heck, I saw the Texans ballboys and a parking lot attendant in the box last week.  No respect at all (ala Rodney Dangerfield), but it's not like our passing game deserves it.

 

In all seriousness, though, I think we can should run the slants when we spread them out.  It's just amazing that Reich hasn't called those a lot more.  It would really help JB get some confidence in the receivers and build some rapport.

I am just taken back at how poor the offense has been created this year. The first few games without Luck, I understand you had to revamp some things tailored to JB but we are way into the season and we still look like the coaches think Luck is walking back in the door any day now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I am just taken back at how poor the offense has been created this year. The first few games without Luck, I understand you had to revamp some things tailored to JB but we are way into the season and we still look like the coaches think Luck is walking back in the door any day now. 

Offense was nice and balanced the chargers game. The titans have a good defense but we did score 3 TD. All were passing touchdowns. The offense had a great game against the falcons. Houston game was great. Yes we have had a few struggles but it hasn’t all been that bad. The two games Jacoby missed were kind of the turning point. All we needed was a game manager in that Miami game. Jacoby made just enough passing plays in the jags game too.  There have been plenty of good moments. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was listening to a titans podcast. They are having really bad kicking issues. There kicker can’t even get a touchback on kickoffs. They brought another kicker in for long FG. Something to watch out for if this ends up being a close game. They also mentioned how Chris Milton is on IR and how much he has been missed. Both teams are pretty good at run defense. We will see if either team still has success running. I feel like if they don’t forget about Henry he might be able to wear us down more then our backs wearing them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...