• Colts by 4-7
    • Colts by 1-3
    • Tie
    • Titan by 1-3
    • Titans by 4-7
    • Titans by 8-14
    • Titans by 15-20
    • Titans by 21 or more
  2. 2. Will the passing game lay another egg?

• It will be worse than last week (under 120 yards)
    • It will be similar to last week (120-150 yards)
    • Yes, but not as bad as last week (151-219 yards)
    • They'll look average (220-240 yards)
    • They'll look above average (241-270)
    • They'll return to Houston Game 1 form and put up more than 270 yards
  3. 3. Will Reich call another run heavy game vs a poor passing defense that is also banged up?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2019 at 06:00 PM

Summaries especially for @CoachLite 

Top Five Bolded Blue'

Bottom Five Bolded Red

Injured Starters Bolded Green

Quick Summary - Titan's O vs Colts D

Passing - Tannehill has improved steadily after his first two games starting. His 70+ completion % and high AVG can definitely put up yards and points. I think we'll see continued chunk plays, but not as bad as Fuller type last week vs Houston. Our DL should have plenty of success, and really hope we blitz more than our 27th league rank. Their OL is just bad.

Rushing - I think Henry will do well if Tannehill does well. He's also a bit gimpy, so may not be a factor at all. Not really worried about him getting off big time as their OL just isn't that good. We could completely shut him down if Tannehill struggles.

Overall - I like our chances here, but if Tannehill gets going, it could get ugly. If ever there was a time to increase the amount of blitzes and pressures. Their weak spot is the OL, and we need to go after it.

Titans Offense

24th in total yards per game (333.2)

25th in passing yards per game (210.4)

11th in total rushing yards per game (122.8)

16th in total points per game (22.3)

1st in Red Zone Offense % (72.41) 

7th (Tie) best in INTs thrown (6)

31st best in sacks taken (43)

Out - Walker TE (ankle to IR)

DNP (Wednesday) - 

LP (Wednesday) - Henry RB (Hamstring), Sharp WR (Hamstring)

VS

Colts Defense

13th in total yards per game allowed (332.0)

16th in passing yards allowed (235.0)

8th in rushing yards allowed (97.0)

12th in points per game allowed (19.5)

9th in Red Zone Defense % (48.39)

15th (tie) best in INTs (8)

19th best in sacks (26)

27th in blitz % (23.0)

20th in QB hurry % (8.9)

22nd in total QB pressure % (21.6)

Out -

DNP (Wednesday) -

LP (Wednesday) - Geathers S (rest), Willis S (concussion)

Quick Summary - Titans D vs Colts O

Passing - This week feels a bit like deja vu. Going up against a team that is not good vs the pass, multiple DBs banged up, horrible at QB pressures, and will likely use zone coverage against us. Should be the perfect opportunity for a big passing game LOL.... Can JB do better this week against what will likely be a very similar defensive blueprint?

Rushing - Will we be able to continue rushing well vs a pretty decent run D? Williams can really prove something this week. Fluke?

Overall - I was totally off the mark thinking JB would have a big day last week. I also didn't expect Williams to look so good. What team will show up? I have zero clue. Will Reich go against the grain two weeks in a row? I really hope he is less predictable. Will JB have all day again but still not find the open guys? 

Titans Defense

17th in total yards per game allowed (359.5)

24th in passing yards allowed (255.6)

12th in rushing yards allowed (103.8)

11th in points per game allowed (19.4)

30th in Red Zone Defense % (64.52)

12th (tie) best in INTs (9)

13th best in sacks (30)

21st in blitz % (26.2)

15th in QB hurry % (9.7)

29th in total QB pressure (19.7)

Out - 

DNP (Wednesday) - Gilber OLB (knee), Sims CB (ankle)

LP (Wednesday) - Cruikshank DB (ankle), Jackson CB (Calf), Jones DT (ribs), Kalu CB (ankle)

VS

Colts Offense

22nd in total yards per game (339.5)

28th in passing yards per game (195.3)

3rd in total rushing yards per game (144.2)

17th in total points per game (22.2)

7th in Red Zone Offense % (63.41)

14th (tie) best in INTs thrown (8)

7th (tie) best in sacks taken (21)

Out - Ebron TE (Ankle),

DNP (Wednesday) - Alie-Cox TE (thumb), Mack RB (hand), 

LP (Wednesday) - Campbell WR (hand), Hilton WR (calf), Nelson G (hip)

Prediction

Waiting to see how injuries go. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No prediction as of now, but I think it would be the biggest mindscrew yet if Brissett came out and threw for 300 yards and 3 TD's. The way this team and he has been all season I don't put nothing past them.

Welp, the conditions (opponent) are perfect to have a big game..... 

If JB sheets the bed again against a lousy and injured pass D, I'm likely giving up any small hope that remains... I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and looked like Joe Montana just to F with my emotions.. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If JB sheets the bed again against a lousy and injured pass D, I'm likely giving up any small hope that remains... I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and looked like Joe Montana just to F with my emotions.. 

Yeah I keep defending this guy because I love his leadership and his ability to take care of the ball and score in the red zone. If he plays like he did against Houston though, that will be tough to defend him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I keep defending this guy because I love his leadership and his ability to take care of the ball and score in the red zone. If he plays like he did against Houston though, that will be tough to defend him. 

I set myself up for disappointment last week in a big way. I really thought he could look really great two weeks in a row (this week and last). Boom went the hope.  

Just now, EastStreet said:

I set myself up for disappointment last week in a big way. I really thought he could look really great two weeks in a row. Boom went the hope.  

Yeah you had him doing better than me actually. I just felt like Houston was due to beat us because we had beaten them 3 times in a row and twice in Houston counting the playoffs. So I was cautious predicting good numbers from him but I didn't expect him to play that badly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you had him doing better than me actually. I just felt like Houston was due to beat us because we had beaten them 3 times in a row and twice in Houston counting the playoffs. So I was cautious predicting good numbers from him but I didn't expect him to play that badly. 

It's really hard for me to give up hope, but another turd and I think I'm done. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like JB but last Thursday was a massive turd I have to admit. This upcoming game may be the most important in his career.

We have a 30ish % chance of making the playoffs now, and many predict us being the 6th team.

If we lose Sunday, it may not be technically over for us, but it will be short of another crazy run + a lot of luck. 

The moment we are officially out, I'd prefer to lose the rest for draft position, and I'll want to see what Swag can do. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We have a 30ish % chance of making the playoffs now, and many predict us being the 6th team.

If we lose Sunday, it may not be technically over for us, but it will be short of another crazy run + a lot of luck. 

The moment we are officially out, I'd prefer to lose the rest for draft position, and I'll want to see what Swag can do. 

Sunday is a gigantic game no doubt. Mathematically it wouldn't be over but it would feel like it if we lose. If we win we are in decent shape again especially if the Texans lose to the Pats.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sunday is a gigantic game no doubt. Mathematically it wouldn't be over but it would feel like it if we lose. If we win we are in decent shape again especially if the Texans lose to the Pats.

I think I'm going to drink a lot of beer during a day game for a change. Feels like a playoff already lol.... might be the closest thing we get to a playoff game this year..... 

Beer, turkey samiches, queso dip, leftover pie..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

You know that is going to happen. It always does. Especially with all the emphasis Reich has put into the pass game since the Houston game. We are coming off a mini bye so we will be nice and rested. His knee will have had 10 days to get better. Reich doesn’t even care about how many Passing yards we get as long as there are some chunk plays in there. 

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

You know that is going to happen. It always does. Especially with all the emphasis Reich has put into the pass game since the Houston game. We are coming off a mini bye so we will be nice and rested. His knee will have had 10 days to get better. Reich doesn’t even care about how many Passing yards we get as long as there are some chunk plays in there. 

We've been hearing for a while now about going deeper and chunk plays. It just hasn't happened.

Guessing most of the week was spent trying to improve the O vs a zone D. TN is better at it than Houston. TN is still a bad passing D, so we should have WRs and TEs running as open as they were last week.

Tannehill has been on fire (faced him in fantasy last week, so I know). We are going to have to defend the run and pass well. Don't trust Brissett at all, and Mack is out again. Ebron is out, and not sure on Hilton and Campbell. Henry is a physical back and will be tough to stop. Will be interesting to see how our defense does, but in all honesty, we probably lose 30-17 or something of the sort. Until Brissett figures it out, we are in bad shape. Prove me wrong Jacoby.

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Tannehill has been on fire (faced him in fantasy last week, so I know). We are going to have to defend the run and pass well. Don't trust Brissett at all, and Mack is out again. Ebron is out, and not sure on Hilton and Campbell. Henry is a physical back and will be tough to stop. Will be interesting to see how our defense does, but in all honesty, we probably lose 30-17 or something of the sort. Until Brissett figures it out, we are in bad shape. Prove me wrong Jacoby.

Yup, Tannehill is pretty capable. His OL struggles, so gotta hope Flus has a solid game plan for the DL. We are one of the lower frequency blitzing teams, so really hope that changes Sunday. I'm not worried too much about Henry. I think he will be more of a threat if we can't contain Tannehill. If we can limit the QB, I think we limit Henry too. If one gets off, both do. 

If JB can figure out the magical and mysterious zone D, we should torch them in the air... but we all know how that worked out last week. Very impressed with Williams thus far, so interested to see if his success continues. 

26 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Right now, our skill positions look like the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

I'm not expecting a win.

Titans should be embarrassed if they don’t win. If somehow we win it will be because the defense played their best game of the year and create some turnovers.

Ir would be pretty funny though if JB has a career game.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Titans should be embarrassed if they don’t win. If somehow we win it will be because the defense played their best game of the year and create some turnovers.

Ir would be pretty funny though if JB has a career game.

uh... Indy is favored by 3pts.

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

uh... Indy is favored by 3pts.

I really don’t care. I stand by the titans should be embarrassed if they lose. They are not great at pass defense so we will see. Both teams seem to be ranked about the same on rush defense.  If we can still run like last week at least we should be able to keep it close. I do expect us to try more play action and not be as conservative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really don’t care. I stand by the titans should be embarrassed if they lose. They are not great at pass defense so we will see. Both teams seem to be ranked about the same on rush defense.  If we can still run like last week at least we should be able to keep it close.

TN being embarrassed is pretty silly... Aside form Vegas, most of the expert talking heads have picked us too.

We'll have open targets like last week, so it's in JB's hands. We should win even if he's just average. We should have won last week too though. Second game in a row where we are set up for success in the passing game.

1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

And TY Hilton is out.  Now I think we Titans fans actually have a shot....that's the guy who always scares me.  Of course, you have beaten us without him before, usually turning tight ends into 100 yard performance days.

I see Doyle having a good game. Not sure he'll have 100 though. 

How do you feel about your DBs?

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I see Doyle having a good game. Not sure he'll have 100 though. 

How do you feel about your DBs?

Cameron Wake went to IR after last game....not good and he's been productive, even at an advanced age for an NFL player.  But the rookie Jeffery Simmons is back there now and he began the season injured still working on his ACL repair from this past January.  He's been pretty productive so far and hasn't faced the Colts yet.  Part of our problem the last time was the inability of getting Brissett on the ground, even when he was in the grasp of someone.  Simmons is a proverbial beast....should be an interesting challenge for both men.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Cameron Wake went to IR after last game....not good and he's been productive, even at an advanced age for an NFL player.  But the rookie Jeffery Simmons is back there now and he began the season injured still working on his ACL repair from this past January.  He's been pretty productive so far and hasn't faced the Colts yet.  Part of our problem the last time was the inability of getting Brissett on the ground, even when he was in the grasp of someone.  Simmons is a proverbial beast....should be an interesting challenge for both men.

Thank you!