Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rank These Quarterbacks

bhougland

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

Everybody’s got one. Some just can’t articulate their opinion intelligently. 

Is there really a need to be an *? Apparently so. I have an opinion about the AFC south QB situation, and it's only one aspect of that opinion. Go back to your hole of misery. Did it make you feel good when you posted that reply? Sure gives you insight into what kind of person you are. 

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Is there really a need to be an *? Apparently so. I have an opinion about the AFC south QB situation, and it's only one aspect of that opinion. Go back to your hole of misery. 

You never answered the question, because you can’t. Weak comeback!

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, around here JB has become the kicking scapegoat big time. Lets just blame him for everything when he got thrown into a fire to begin with. It is really not fair. Then some in here do not want to give him a chance when the guy has played 9 games in this system in which he is 6-3. Some just have 0 patience and are spoiled thinking QB's like Peyton and Luck grow on trees. Nobody thought we would be 6-5 right now and still in the playoff hunt after Luck retired. These tireless insults toward JB from many is making this site look bad. Sorry to say that but it is. Insults = never will be a franchise QB, he is below average, he sucks, team is doomed with JB for the future = takes from many. Nice to know some know this after a small sample size. 

For me, it's not all the fact that Jacoby is playing bad. It's the fact that we were all robbed of half of Luck's career because of injuries and now we're no longer contenders and we suddenly have backup QB play. My labrador retreiver lived til she was 13 this year and we had many wonderful memories together. I'm somewhat at peace with her death though because she lived her full average lifespan. Luck only reached half his career lifespan, and we didn't even reach a SB or beat the Patriots with him.

A lot of us probably have misguided anger toward Brissett, but can you blame us? We got our hearts ripped out from our chest, and this set us back 3-5 years. Also look at all the young QB talent in the NFL and just the AFC. We are done like dinner.

Have a good thanksgiving btw! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

lot of us probably have misguided anger toward Brissett, but can you blame us? We got our hearts ripped out from our chest, and this set us back 3-5 years. Also look at all the young QB talent in the NFL and just the AFC. We are done like dinner.

For me, it has a lot to do with the rhetoric the coaches are using (at least in the beginning), saying he is better than a top 15 QB.  Then the national media comes out and says he should be an mvp candidate!

I had a problem with this because I never saw his talent at the level we could achieve a super bowl, and the sustained success that I anticipated with this young roster.

So I felt, and still do, that Jacoby could be our ticket to QB purgatory.  I didn't put too much stock into these feelings because I felt Chris and Frank would make the right decision, the the Vinny fiasco happened and made me question their judgement.

After the Grigson and Pagano regime, I felt we were finally moving away from wasting talent.  Brissett is a threat to that in my opinion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

For me, it's not all the fact that Jacoby is playing bad. It's the fact that we were all robbed of half of Luck's career because of injuries and now we're no longer contenders and we suddenly have backup QB play. My labrador retreiver lived til she was 13 this year and we had many wonderful memories together. I'm somewhat at peace with her death though because she lived her full average lifespan. Luck only reached half his career lifespan, and we didn't even reach a SB or beat the Patriots with him.

A lot of us probably have misguided anger toward Brissett, but can you blame us? We got our hearts ripped out from our chest, and this set us back 3-5 years. Also look at all the young QB talent in the NFL and just the AFC. We are done like dinner.

Have a good thanksgiving btw! 

Happy Thanksgiving. With me, I was very upset when Luck retired too. I fully believe we would be 9-2 right now with him and be a SB contender. Obviously he is better than JB. JB didn't ask for this though and got thrown into this roll, a roll where he is 6-3 when he starts. He may not be the long term answer and I do not want mediocrity for years to come but it seems some already have their mind made up that he isn't. I just say give the guy a full season under Reich and see how this plays out. If we flop then I am sure Ballard will draft a QB in round 2 or 3 I would imagine. I just take offense to some saying JB sucks and they already act like they know he isn't the answer when we have had only a small sample size.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Happy Thanksgiving. With me, I was very upset when Luck retired too. I fully believe we would be 9-2 right now with him and be a SB contender. Obviously he is better than JB. JB didn't ask for this though and got thrown into this roll, a roll where he is 6-3 when he starts. He may not be the long term answer and I do not want mediocrity for years to come but it seems some already have their mind made up that he isn't. I just say give the guy a full season under Reich and see how this plays out. If we flop then I am sure Ballard will draft a QB in round 2 or 3 I would imagine. I just take offense to some saying JB sucks and they already act like they know he isn't the answer when we have had only a small sample size.

I think most started with an open mind with JB and would have loved for JB to come out and be amazing, but week by week the evidence (even though some games were W's) has significantly tipped the scales against him and many don't see him suddenly changing enough to be "the guy" this late in the season. I was definitely wait, see, and hope at first but I reached a point where IMO he is what he is now; and even if he improves its not going to be significantly enough to be what we need. I also think the "poor JB didn't ask for this he got thrown into this role" is a cop out ... as far as back up QBs situations go he hit the lottery.  

1 hour ago, esmort said:

I think most started with an open mind with JB and would have loved for JB to come out and be amazing, but week by week the evidence (even though some games were W's) has significantly tipped the scales against him and many don't see him suddenly changing enough to be "the guy" this late in the season. I was definitely wait, see, and hope at first but I reached a point where IMO he is what he is now; and even if he improves its not going to be significantly enough to be what we need. I also think the "poor JB didn't ask for this he got thrown into this role" is a cop out ... as far as back up QBs situations go he hit the lottery.  

His role was to be a backup QB then he got thrown into the starting role 2 weeks before the season. Not 2 months, 2 weeks. I don't think it is a cop out at all what I posted. How we are even 6-5 right now is amazing IMO. What Luck did to us was a huge gut punch that many teams would probably not have recovered from.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His role was to be a backup QB then he got thrown into the starting role 2 weeks before the season. Not 2 months, 2 weeks. I don't think it is a cop out at all what I posted. How we are even 6-5 right now is amazing IMO. What Luck did to us was a huge gut punch that many teams would probably not have recovered from.

He took almost every single QB1 rep for the entire off-season. Luck bailing 2 weeks before the season was less than ideal, but lets not act like Jacoby had some incredibly hard transition. @esmort is absolutely right that when it comes to back up taking the starting spot, Jacoby had one of the most enviable transitions - full off-season working with the 1s, all designated QB1 reps in the pre-season, great OLine and protection... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stitches said:

He took almost every single QB1 rep for the entire off-season. Luck bailing 2 weeks before the season was less than ideal, but lets not act like Jacoby had some incredibly hard transition. @esmort is absolutely right that when it comes to back up taking the starting spot, Jacoby had one of the most enviable transitions - full off-season working with the 1s, all designated QB1 reps in the pre-season, great OLine and protection... 

Still not an ideal situation when your mindset going into the season is I am a backup. I get what you are saying though, having even said that, the Colts WR core has been banged up a lot this season. TY and Ebron both have played with injuries, Funchess hasn't played all season to boot. Campbell plays a series and he's out for a month :sarcasm: lmao . Working with 1's is great if everyone can stay healthy all season.

As a group our WR core may not even be top 20 in the league just by the eye test alone, too many injuries. Doyle and Pascal have been reliable. On most teams Pascal would be a #4 if that says anything.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still not an ideal situation when your mindset going into the season is I am a backup. I get what you are saying though, having even said that, the Colts WR core has been banged up a lot this season. TY and Ebron both have played with injuries, Funchess hasn't played all season to boot. Campbell plays a series and he's out for a month :sarcasm: lmao . Working with 1's is great if everyone can stay healthy all season.

As a group our WR core may not even be top 20 in the league just by the eye test alone, too many injuries. Doyle and Pascal have been reliable. On most teams Pascal would be a #4 if that says anything.

To add to this before anyone tries to say Luck had the same WR core last year and put up huge numbers, wrong! Last years WR core was healthier. TY played 14 games last year and was healthy for the most part and Ebron played all 16 games and was healthy all year. That was Luck's 2 main targets. This season they have been banged up even when they play and have missed games as well. 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:25 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If one is going by just this year than it would go:

1. Watson

2. Brissett

3. Tannehill

4. Foles

-Foles has been injured all season and has played in only 3 games in which the Jags are 0-3 and he played bad in all 3 games. Foles is easily last this season. Lets not get carried away with Tannehill. He and his team blew out the Jags but so did we, he and his team beat KC but so did we at KC in primetime. Too many people in here have a knee jerk reaction based on each Sunday and when we lose the earth is coming to end for some in here :funny:. Tannehill looked great last week so all of the sudden he is better than JB, comical. We will find out Sunday what happens.

Well, Sunday came and Tannehill looked better.  I really have only been able to watch the Colts lately, so I thought Tannehill's throw into the end zone was illegal or something.  you mean to tell it is possible to throw a football that long to a receiver and have him catch it for a touchdown......well, golly why doesn't JB try that!?!!?

JB koolaid drinkers crack me up.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 6:40 PM, bhougland said:

How does Jacoby rank among the quarterbacks in our division?  I have to think I am being too hard on him, but this is what I have:

1. Deshawn Watson

2. Ryan Tannehill

3. Nick Foles

4. Jacoby Brissett

Please change my mind, as this is depressing.

Actually, doesn't Jax have a backup QB(Minshew, I think) that's also better than jb?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Actually, doesn't Jax have a backup QB(Minshew, I think) that's also better than jb?

Yes, and he’s a 1st year rookie. I only say that, because I’ve been educated from JB fans, that JB is basically a rookie, going on 4 years in the league. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Watson

2. Tannehill

3. Minshew

4. Foles

5. Mariota

6. Kelly - a hunch

7. Brissett

Kelly could be better than 6, but I am convinced he is better than Brissett.  JB has been unable to demonstrate skills Chad did in the preseason. Just watch Chad in the preseason, he stands in the pocket and his head ticks around the field.  He is actually going through progressions, some JB has yet to show.  First string vs third string...doesn't matter, I am talking about the skills Chad demonstrated.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bhougland said:

1. Watson

2. Tannehill

3. Minshew

4. Foles

5. Mariota

6. Kelly - a hunch

7. Brissett

Kelly could be better than 6, but I am convinced he is better than Brissett.  JB has been unable to demonstrate skills Chad did in the preseason. Just watch Chad in the preseason, he stands in the pocket and his head ticks around the field.  He is actually going through progressions, some JB has yet to show.  First string vs third string...doesn't matter, I am talking about the skills Chad demonstrated.

What he said.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:35 PM, John Hammonds said:

1. Tannehill - 7 games, 111-154, 72.1%, 10 TD 4 INT, 111.4 Rating

2. Watson - 11 games, 249-361, 69.0%, 20 TD 7 INT, 103.4 Rating

3. Brissett - 10 games, 184-285, 64.6%, 15 TD 4 INT, 95.7 Rating

4. Minshew - 9 games, 188-307, 61.2%, 13 TD 4 INT, 92.8 Rating

5. Mariota - 6 games, 94-159, 59.1%, 7 TD 2 INT, 91.7 Rating

6. Foles - 3 games, 70-103, 70.0%, 3 TD 1 INT, 90.4 Rating

What's amazing is not the ranking, but just how close they are.  And you can see why Mariota was benched for Tannehill.  And how Brissett really isn't all that much better than the guys underneath him.

Spot on, people believe in false narratives, this is right on.  Foles is a great reliever and a terrible starter, always has been.  Mariota has been bad for years and nobody called him on it. Minshew and Brissett and almost the same guy.  Tannehill (at the moment) is playing well, we'll see if he can put consecutive seasons together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colt18 said:

Watson

Foles

Tannenhill/Brissett/Minshew/Mariota

Foles is a dumpster fire who got benched for Minshew and has had one good NFL season and one awesome relief appearance otherwise terrible QB play.  Watson is overrated, he disappears from games all the time but get big stats in garbage time, I don't believe the hype. He has great highlight reels though so that's how people judge him, a lot like Stat Padford to me.  Tannehill is in a Renaissance we'll see if the new painting lasts.  Brissett is the best back up in the league.