Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Zbikowski [Merge]

Indeee

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember this, but Ocho wouldn't have gone through with it. He would have been wrecked and knows it.

Yeah, Zbi has been boxing since he was 6 (I think he said that in an interview). Ocho has been boxing for 3 or 4 years. It would have been fun to watch Zbi beat up on Ocho

This is an article I just wrote on him:

The Colts have decided to sign another former Raven in strong safety Tom Zbikowski for 3 years. Zbikowski spent 4 years in Baltimore and 1 year in Pagano's system.

Chuck Pagano got another one of his players. They first got Cory Redding (DE) from the Ravens and now they got strong safety Zbikowski. Zbikowski can come in right away and play strong safety since he knows the system so well and the Colts released their starter, Melvin Bullitt. Zbikowski never got a shot in Baltimore due to the Ravens having two great starters in Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard. This is his time to shine.

Zbikowski is a hard hitting tough kid, who can take a punch...literally, in the offseason he boxes. During the 2011 NFL Lockout, he fought in some Mandalay Bay events and won! He's still very young and has a long way to go in this league. He's pretty good in coverage, and like I said, he's a good tackler. He reminds me of a better Melvin Bullitt, and is younger than Bullitt.

In the 4 games that he started in last year, he amassed 14 tackles and a pass deflection. Pagano should mold him into a good young safety.

A good young safety for the Colts, and you could say that the safety spot becomes less of a priority, or even on the priority list. It means the Colts can focus on other positions, and the safety spot can be considered a non-need now.

He is a low risk player it seems.

We definitely need help in the DB arena

Will probabaly not be a probowler, but maybe fills a hole tile we can find a better SS

It allows us to draft..... Wait for it.... Wait for it...... A guard and a center

A lot of mock drafts I've seen have Konz going 29th to the Ravens. If they could move up a few to get him for a good price I'd be happy. If Pagano wants to run the ball, that's a great start.

From what I understand this guy has not really had a lot of chance to shine. From what I have read about him, watched, and what others have said about him,(old team mates) I still think he could be really good. He deserves a chance and I am willing to wait and see how he does. It can't be any worse then this past season, give the kid a chance. Funny on t.v just now it said the only thing constant in life is change. This team is changing for the better and a lot of people are being negative about it. I like to see the best out of situations and be optimistic. I think the signings we have done so far are great. I really do not think Pagano would want to sign a guy who was no good. He knows this guy, he probably has a plan.

OK here we go...

Ralph Cindrich on twitter (I guess he's an NFL commentator, never heard of him, but he has 12K+ followers):

However, Tom Zbikowski himself said on twitter:

Hmmmm.... ?

I trust the player himself, not some unknown nobody announcer/analyst unless he has sources.

Joe lefeged is bigger and faster. Id rather see him start. Plus Pagano wont have him in the putrid cover two scheme anymore and will be able to develop him.

Lefeged is bigger?He might be faster but is he more skilled than this kid? Z put up some good stats but they were limited due to playing time. Lefeged has barely done anything with the playing time he got. Its safe to say Z has much more upside.

Lefeged is bigger?He might be faster but is he more skilled than this kid? Z put up some good stats but they were limited due to playing time. Lefeged has barely done anything with the playing time he got. Its safe to say Z has much more upside.

Lefeged is an inch bigger and about ten pounds heavier. Nothing worth mentioning, not at that position. And Lefeged ran the 40 two hundredths of a second faster (4.42 compared to 4.44), so the idea that he's faster is dubious.

However, I do like Lefeged. Our entire secondary looked incompetent last season. Bethea didn't even do anything worth mentioning (no interceptions, no sacks). It was due to bad coaching. But watching Lefeged in preseason, he looked like a player who can contribute when given the chance. He seemed rangy, and like a solid tackler who can support the run. Then Larry Coyer got his hooks in him, and he was never heard from again. Plus, we were platooning him with David Caldwell, who really didn't seem like he was as talented.

Zbikowski likely has the inside track on the starting job, but I hope we still give Lefeged plenty of reps. Polian always had a knack for unearthing talent from among hundreds of UDFAs, and I thought Lefeged would eventually be on that list. But our schemes in the secondary last year made everyone look bad.

Lefeged had 2 interceptions and more passes defensed than Z had this year. In VERY limited snaps. Plus hes just entering his second year. Its safe to say Lefeged has more upside than zbikowski. Plus it doesnt hurt to have Pagano developing him this early in his career. And yes he is bigger, not by much just an inch and ten punds, but he is bigger. And a bit faster.

Lefeged had 2 interceptions and more passes defensed than Z had this year. In VERY limited snaps. Plus hes just entering his second year. Its safe to say Lefeged has more upside than zbikowski. Plus it doesnt hurt to have Pagano developing him this early in his career. And yes he is bigger, not by much just an inch and ten punds, but he is bigger. And a bit faster.

I think Lefeged has heaps of potential. The good news is now we have two legitimate SS.

Funny how people jump for this guy when he has done nothing mentioning that past four years. Is it because he came from the Ravens? I speak my opinion and say Lefeged is better with more upside(it also helps pagano will coach him) and someone asks me if im kidding.... Zbikowski lost his starting job this season to Pollard, who is an average-good ss. He wasnt 2nd on the depth chart. He was a starter at the beginning of the season and lost it.

Funny how people jump for this guy when he has done nothing mentioning that past four years. Is it because he came from the Ravens? I speak my opinion and say Lefeged is better with more upside(it also helps pagano will coach him) and someone asks me if im kidding.... Zbikowski lost his starting job this season to Pollard, who is an average-good ss. He wasnt 2nd on the depth chart. He was a starter at the beginning of the season and lost it.

T.Z. is no superstar, but he is a solid safety. I am extremely happy with the addition. The fact that we have 2 competent SS should make you very happy. I think people are jaded on here. Melvin Bullitt was average to below average. Now, if one gets hurt we don't lose much when the 2nd comes in. Very pleased with the signing.