Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Zbikowski [Merge]

Indeee

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen them play and have been posting game tape of them on the draft board for the last month. Go check it out. Dennard is the worst tackler i've ever seen.

I will agree Dennard sucks at tackling and he dropped off because he didnt have Prince on the other side along with injuries but his coverage skills, to me anyways, are better then quite a few and certainly better then Jacob Lacey lol

Thomas Michael Zbikowski (born May 22, 1985) is an American football safety for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League, and an occasional professional boxer. He was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the third round (86th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft. He earned All-American honors playing college football for the University of Notre Dame from 2003 to 2007.

Indianapolis Colts

Zbikowski signed with the Indianapolis Colts on March 16, 2012.

From the wikipedia page.

you'd have to possess knowledge of the entire notre dame special teams unit to base any judgement off that

Well, either he or their blocking stunk. The blocking in Indy is not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, so I don't expect him to do much better here.

I'm excited for him to be on defense more than special teams.

I'm glad we have a body in that spot, and he has experience as a SS. Which is what we need. I don't think he'll be a huge upgrade over Bullit, though, at all.

he didnt play much because baltimore had Ed Reed and pollard at safety but zybikowski can hit and is a good covereage guy. think of him as a white polamalu but also being a good ST's return guy

He played when Ed Reed was hurt..he did get some starts

....He's experienced...our coach knows him well...and he;s an AFC guy

Zbikowaki is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, then they have a kid.

Offenses will learn to fear him, terrifying, tormenting and having nightmares about him that even Freddy Kurger would be scared of. The Pummeling Pole will rise to stardom as the greatest player of all time. He will rule with an iron fist like Stalin, anihalting any foe that gets in his way.

History will be re-written because of him, the world will change and he will rule all.

Zbikowski died 20 years ago, death just hasn't had the courage to tell him yet.

Zbikowski attacks sharks when he smells them bleed.

Zibkowski doesn't go swimming, water just wants to be around him.

Zbikowaki is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, then they have a kid.

Offenses will learn to fear him, terrifying, tormenting and having nightmares about him that even Freddy Kurger would be scared of. The Pummeling Pole will rise to stardom as the greatest player of all time. He will rule with an iron fist like Stalin, anihalting any foe that gets in his way.

History will be re-written because of him, the world will change and he will rule all.

Please Don't

because the colts just signed a career backup?

No. Because we have several safeties on the roster and drafting from this weak safety class using a draft pick, IMO, is not going to make a huge difference in 2012 over what we have (unless Mark Barron drops). Besides, if we needed to release Lefeged or Caldwell, we would have done it by now, IMO. We added Mike Newton and Tom Zbikowski already, so Grigson feels they are going to help our safety corp. and not hurt them. That is why.

Lol, for some reason this makes me think of those beer commercials, the most interesting man in the world ha ha. Do you write commercials for those guys lol?

No. Because we have several safeties on the roster and drafting from this weak safety class using a draft pick, IMO, is not going to make a huge difference in 2012 over what we have (unless Mark Barron drops). Besides, if we needed to release Lefeged or Caldwell, we would have done it by now, IMO. We added Mike Newton and Tom Zbikowski.

yeah, i didn't see the colts drafting a safety unless barron fell anyways

I would not get to excited. He does not solve our problems entirely.

He is a solid player that will know the system, which will help the rest of the guys learn. Probably will be fine for this season but we definately still need to address the safety this draft or next.

It's a weak class for Safety this year. And for the bold words in your quote that's the best reason ever to be excited.

Seriously dude.

Do you guys not watch football, College, the Draft, The combine.

Zibikowski is a sub 4.5 guy, has great coverage skills, played for the ND and Ravens in the pros. Completely overshadowed by Ed Reed obviously, but i've rarely seen this guy become a liability in Coverage in College or the Pros.

He also is a professional boxer.

Ravens Web site on losing him

Drafted by the Ravens in the third round in 2008, Zbikowski was Baltimore’s top backup safety. He also spent time as the team’s kick returner.

When Reed missed the first six games of the 2010 season, Zbikowski stepped in as the starter and helped keep the secondary among the top in the league. When Reed missed four straight games near the end of 2009, Zbikowski started and made two interceptions.

Zbikowski, 26, began last year as the starting strong safety, but was overtaken by free-agent addition Pollard four games into the season.

Zbikowski finished the year with 23 tackles and one sack. The former Notre Dame standout averaged 23.2 yards on nine kick returns and was fourth on the team with seven special-teams tackles. He could also return punts.

A gritty player who took up professional boxing during last season’s lockout, Zbikwoski should be in line to start in Pagano’s secondary, which had David Caldwell and Antoine Bethea as its two starting safeties last season.

Defensive players who know their job and are big enough to do their job and their coordinator puts them in the right position to do their job, should get the job done....don't you think? We've been used to players not big enough, who don't know their job and no name coordinators who don't put them in the right position to get the job done. We have relied on a few great players to stay afloat.

:)

Defensive players who know their job and are big enough to do their job and their coordinator puts them in the right position to do their job, should get the job done....don't you think? We've been used to players not big enough, who don't know their job and no name coordinators who don't put them in the right position to get the job done. We have relied on a few great players to stay afloat.

This is not true. tampa 2 is a straight up plug and play scheme. zone zone zone. . high pressure. dunno what the new coaches sceme will be, but i dread seeing our cbs in straight up man coverage situations.

Hockey teams have an enforcer and now the Colts have added one. Pro boxer.

but they have all that padding, the whole concept is stupid.

the colts should hire one of those dudes who's always getting fined for dangerous career ending hits, pay him a billion dollars to pay the fines and intentionally hurt the opposition's best players so we win every game. this is how we win.

I like this signing! Wasn't he going to box Ocho? Wasn't the deal that if the league went into a lockout, the two of them would box since there were no rules about what they could and couldn't do? And from what I remember, both were willing to box

I don't remember this, but Ocho wouldn't have gone through with it. He would have been wrecked and knows it.

Tom Zbikowski!! Great kid, he's a boxer! Now...

He could play SS and Bethea can play FS. This a good fit and he knows Pagano's system very well. He's a tough kid who hits hard and is good in coverage. Never got a shot due to Pollard and Reed. I like this signing a lot!

Tom Zbikowski!! Great kid, he's a boxer! Now...

He could play SS and Bethea can play FS. This a good fit and he knows Pagano's system very well. He's a tough kid who hits hard and is good in coverage. Never got a shot due to Pollard and Reed. I like this signing a lot!

I think it is a smart signing as well. Inexpensive options who can contribute and upgrade the current roster are always appreciated. I still hope we draft a safety in a later round and let them compete, though.