Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron Injured Reserve

15 hours ago, Dasteez said:

My theory on it: He’s trying to maximize his FA value and wants to leave Indy. 

- His numbers are down - not really something he can recover from in the remainder of the season with the QB play -  both TDs and Yds

- Andrew Luck was a big reason Ebron came to Indy in the first place. Blaming his subpar play in Detroit on Stafford (which is obviously not true). With the sudden retirement of Luck and Brissetts play this season, it’s clear he’s not going to get the opportunities (and perfectly thrown balls) he wants to be a marque splash TE.

- Colts run the ball 4th most attempts in the NFL and are last in throws beyond 40 yds. See point above. 

- He’s playing to “perceived” injuries to explain his poor numbers this year. Trying to limit the damaging exposure by saying he’s been playing hurt all season; hoping teams see the one handed TD and hurdling players versus the numerous drive stalling 3rd down drops

Ebron is definitely not coming back to Indy. He will probably get signed for too much money by a needy team and be out of the league in 2 to 4 years. Maybe goes to NYG...or the Patriots and becomes an All Pro. Would be the Colts Luck TBH.

Ebron made a business decision?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Luck made Ebron look great. Brissett made him look average.   What we need is a QB that can throw our WR and TE's open. Brissett won't throw the ball downfield, which is a big big probl

Contrary to the above posters, I hope hes played his last game as a Colt.

He rejuvenated his career here. He loves this place and the fans. I would attempt to sign him for maybe a short deal. Like 3 years. We have the money and are quickly losing all of our pass catchers. L

Posted Images

Ebron looked set to sign a massive contract this off seaoson as it stands now how much has this season cost him in potential future earnings . Can you blame the guy for getting fixed up so he can prove his worth during FA workouts . This seems like a calculated business decision to me . 

• Like 1

Anyone else notice a couple official articles on colts.com used this language?

"Eric Ebron on Monday was placed on injured reserve due to reported issues with his ankles"

"Ebron was placed on injured reserve on Monday due to reported issues with his ankles"

Interesting that it seems the team isn't trying to cover for him at all.

7 hours ago, B~Town said:

Ebron looked set to sign a massive contract this off seaoson as it stands now how much has this season cost him in potential future earnings . Can you blame the guy for getting fixed up so he can prove his worth during FA workouts . This seems like a calculated business decision to me . 

I heard he was going to hold out to get a new deal...but decided to report. This is very likely a business decision...especially for a impending FA. I can't really fault the guy for that...but blowback from that comes with the territory. Regardless, I have soured on him as a Colts player.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:42 AM, Blueblood23 said:

People don’t like what they believe he quit on the team. I believe that and most certainly hope he is not resigned.

Ebron did not quit on the Colts. 

Just because he can't play injured it is ludicrous to think he did. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ebron missed one practice all year. Don’t you think he would of asked for some days off to rest it.  He said it was a issue all year but yet Reich didn’t know. That sounds fishy.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ebron missed one practice all year. Don’t you think he would of asked for some days off to rest it.  He said it was a issue all year but yet Reich didn’t know. That sounds fishy.

It only is fishy to those who look for something negative. 

If Ebron was only caring about himself he would have missed more than one practice and wouldn't have been playing when he was injured. 

Why didn't Frank hear about his injury when the fanbase did?

That in itself is more fishy IMO.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Team didn't seem to realize he was hurt. He didn't look hurt during the game. If he is hurt then he should suck it up as he has all season and play. It just doesn't look good for him in what he's doing right now. Maybe it will change as we know more.