Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron Injured Reserve


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Luck made Ebron look great. Brissett made him look average.   What we need is a QB that can throw our WR and TE's open. Brissett won't throw the ball downfield, which is a big big probl

Contrary to the above posters, I hope hes played his last game as a Colt.

He rejuvenated his career here. He loves this place and the fans. I would attempt to sign him for maybe a short deal. Like 3 years. We have the money and are quickly losing all of our pass catchers. L

Posted Images

First off, I think it's tough to judge any receiver thus far because of.... well, you know what. 

 

Second, it's still amazing to me that national media continuously breaks Colts news prior to the local reporters.  Strange. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good riddens Ebron. 100% zero chance he will be back. Ballard will lock in on a 2nd round Tight end this upcoming draft, Dallas Clark style! Go Blue. 
Ebron will land somewhere else on his feet, hope the hands go with him. We get Funchess and Campbell back, let’s win the next 5 and head into the playoffs with a head of Steam. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

And he doesn't seem to be the same threat he once was.

To be fair to Doyle, Brissett isn't exactly lighting up anyone's stat sheet.

Usually a QB with Brissetts skill set uses the TE's a lot.   Ebron and Doyle have 60 receptions combined.   I hope Cox and Brissett worked together a lot last year so that he may be an asset with Ebron out.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cbear said:

 

 

Second, it's still amazing to me that national media continuously breaks Colts news prior to the local reporters.  Strange. 

 

Way to go USA today.   Ebron looks like Kaep.

image.png.c85cd7774caa8c964db5e1d29f1ebfc6.png

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been reading a few of these anti-Ebron comments. I call nonsense on that.  I think he's been an overall positive for the team, and don't understand the bashing. I know he dropped a few this year, but so did every other receiver not named TY Hilton. And in 2018, he was All Pro. I have no idea whether he'll be back or not, but he's been happy to be a Colt, and for the most part, has been a positive locker room presence. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

You have to ask yourself this, does Ebron want to come back? He was on Twitter months back liking "to the Panthers" tweets from Panthers fans who want him to come to the Panthers. Also,  throwing Frank under the bus in the media for not giving him the ball. 

 

CAR is probably better off just seeing what Ian Thomas can do.

 

But I am with you...Ebron's public cries for the ball...and then having that garbage game...really soured me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Been reading a few of these anti-Ebron comments. I call nonsense on that.  I think he's been an overall positive for the team, and don't understand the bashing. I know he dropped a few this year, but so did every other receiver not named TY Hilton. And in 2018, he was All Pro. I have no idea whether he'll be back or not, but he's been happy to be a Colt, and for the most part, has been a positive locker room presence. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

 

 

 

I am not anti-Ebron...and last year was fun. But I have never thought he was as good as the player we saw (at times) last year...and I have never thought he was as bad as the guy who drops four passes/game. He's in the middle...an inconsistent (though solid overall) pass-catching TE. And his 2018 production has more than made up for the Colts investment.

 

But now...it's probably best to move on. In the draft is where you can get that all-around top tier TE...like a Kittle, Kelce, Ertz, Henry, Andrews, Hock etc. It's time that Ballard makes that type of investment (maybe even draft a pair).

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This explains why he was struggling this year.

 

 

I have a hard time buying this. If he was so hurt why did he blast FR to the press for lack of playing time and lack of targets just a few weeks ago. I would be shocked if he is back next year but I've been wrong a few times in my life, well quite a few.:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

what is your solution ? or do you even have one?

While the lack of performance is bad, what is more telling to me is the lack of improvement. If we don't see some jumps, I'd move on.

 

The narrative by some that it's too hard to find a better QB is a bit silly to me. Teams always need to look to improve in areas that aren't performing, and QB is no different. I'm not going to ignore the worst performing area and try to cover it up by improving other areas that are already performing well above average.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

While the lack of performance is bad, what is more telling to me is the lack of improvement. If we don't see some jumps, I'd move on.

 

The narrative by some that it's too hard to find a better QB is a bit silly to me. Teams always need to look to improve in areas that aren't performing, and QB is no different. I'm not going to ignore the worst performing area and try to cover it up by improving other areas that are already performing well above average.

move on to who?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I have a hard time buying this. If he was so hurt why did he blast FR to the press for lack of playing time and lack of targets just a few weeks ago. I would be shocked if he is back next year but I've been wrong a few times in my life, well quite a few.:)

That tells you how tough he is and how good of a teammate he is. All he wanted to do is help his team.

 

Reich just said it didn’t become a issue until last week and it flared up really bad.

 

He also mentioned finally how losing all the weapons has been really tough.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

move on to who?

Whomever CB chooses to sign.

There are a few QBs in the draft that have better pedigrees and more advanced skill sets coming out of college than JB. And save me "they have no NFL experience and aren't a guarantee" narrative. No rookie does/is, yet we draft several each year who replace starters... 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Whomever CB chooses to sign.

There are a few QBs in the draft that have better pedigrees and more advanced skill sets coming out of college than JB. And save me "they have no NFL experience and aren't a guarantee" narrative. No rookie does/is, yet we draft several each year who replace starters... 

i would rather ballard make a deal for a proven talent so we can win now

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On how Ebron’s ankle issues evolved:

Reich: “Before last week, I was not aware that there was anything significant. I know there was a time in training camp, before training camp, I think, he had a scan. To the best of my knowledge, the scan was fine — I’m not saying it was 100 percent clean, but it was nothing that was limiting him in practice, it didn’t limit him in training camp, it didn’t limit him in the season or for practice. And then last week sometime, I don’t know if it flared up in practice or if it was a result from a previous game, but that’s really the first time that it was kind of flared up to the point where it affected him as far as practice.”

On if Ebron could’ve tried to wait a week or two and re-evaluate:

Reich: “You know, we talked to Eric through it. This is the decision that Eric, he just felt like he was out of position with how he was feeling to him, that this was what he had to do.”

On if Ebron or the team made the ultimate decision to place him on IR:

Reich: “Well, you know, we talked it through. Obviously we all talked it through together, we all had individual conversations — I had conversations with Eric, Chris had conversations with Eric, doctors — and then at the end of the day this was what was thought to be the best decision.”

https://www.colts.com/news/frank-reich-injury-updates-eric-ebron-ross-travis-ty-hilton-parris-campbell

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read (probably should listen to) what Frank Reich said & he sure didn’t sound (read) as super convinced about the ankle. Said this was the first time hearing about it. Did mention the preseason but sure didn’t read as he was confident (as in he saw this coming at all) in the injury & IR.
 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ebron basically shut it down to get healthy for the offseason.  And I similarly wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not brought back. You guys think he feels like JB’s QB’ing & Frank’s play calling are costing him money & he’d be better off just getting healthy?
 

I’d like to see us let him walk & go get OJ Howard from the Bucs.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I read (probably should listen to) what Frank Reich said & he sure didn’t sound (read) as super convinced about the ankle. Said this was the first time hearing about it. Did mention the preseason but sure didn’t read as he was confident (as in he saw this coming at all) in the injury & IR.
 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ebron basically shut it down to get healthy for the offseason.  And I similarly wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not brought back. You guys think he feels like JB’s QB’ing & Franks play calling are costing him money & he’d be better off just getting healthy?
 

I’d like to see us let him walk & go get OJ Howard from the Bucs.  

I ain't gon lie I sort of feel like you are feeling after reading that.  Sort of felt like he gave up after losing to Houston.  Knows he's a FA next and that the team may not make the playoffs so he shut it down early.  I could be wrong but it seems a bit funny.  I'd be real cool with getting OJ to be honest. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, krunk said:

On how Ebron’s ankle issues evolved:

Reich: “Before last week, I was not aware that there was anything significant. I know there was a time in training camp, before training camp, I think, he had a scan. To the best of my knowledge, the scan was fine — I’m not saying it was 100 percent clean, but it was nothing that was limiting him in practice, it didn’t limit him in training camp, it didn’t limit him in the season or for practice. And then last week sometime, I don’t know if it flared up in practice or if it was a result from a previous game, but that’s really the first time that it was kind of flared up to the point where it affected him as far as practice.”

On if Ebron could’ve tried to wait a week or two and re-evaluate:

Reich: “You know, we talked to Eric through it. This is the decision that Eric, he just felt like he was out of position with how he was feeling to him, that this was what he had to do.”

On if Ebron or the team made the ultimate decision to place him on IR:

Reich: “Well, you know, we talked it through. Obviously we all talked it through together, we all had individual conversations — I had conversations with Eric, Chris had conversations with Eric, doctors — and then at the end of the day this was what was thought to be the best decision.”

https://www.colts.com/news/frank-reich-injury-updates-eric-ebron-ross-travis-ty-hilton-parris-campbell

After reading this is sure sounds like he gave up on the team. I mean there is only five games left. I mean if it did flare up I guess maybe it just got a lot worse but this doesn’t sit well with me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

He couldn't make the team at the end of camp and then he became a street FA.  That says a lot.

He didn’t make it because they wanted a Hale because he is like Doyle. Travis is more like Ebron. We will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

i would rather ballard make a deal for a proven talent so we can win now

I'd prefer to grow via the draft. I'd be open to drafting a guy like love, plus bringing in a short term accomplished veteran like Rivers. I'd prefer not going with a retread long term.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

After reading this is sure sounds like he gave up on the team. I mean there is only five games left. I mean if it did flare up I guess maybe it just got a lot worse but this doesn’t sit well with me.

Sounds to me everyone knew about it at training camp but it was something everyone thought he could work through and still play.  Over time it started to become more problematic and last week it reached the point where it was to bad for him to continue.  Even requiring surgery.  That's the kind of result an athlete can get when they push themselves to the point that they eventually hurt themselves more by doing so.   Eventually you can't go on and you have to have the problem taken care of or you risk worsening the situation.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

move on to who?

Ballard has a list, if Jacoby finishes on top of it they move on to no one.  (Granted Reich wasnt on his list and hes our HC, but im sure he has a list)

 

Ballard isn't a man without a plan.  Neither him nor Reich will hold to mediocre.  Out here in fan land we have no choice but to watch it play out.  Then we can debate the merits of said plan/move.

 

They'll never publicly announce, or even say, anything to diminish Jacoby's confidence or value.

 

I doubt, barring injury, he gets benched even if the playoffs are out of reach.   Hes been pretty good at times this year and I'm sure his growth/evaluation wont be done til the offseason.

 

The move on to who will become self evident if or when, they move on.  My guess is that Jacoby is under center in 2020 (and I'm ok with that as I assume there will be a leap in performance his second year running this offense).  If he falters there we'll se a #2/developmental QB get a shot. I do think Brisett gets a second year though.

 

The week to week rollercoaster out here is not indicative of how it will be handled in the building.  We're in pretty good hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • If what Ballard says about a Achilles is what happens with Fisher that means he could be ready by TC. Mack looks like he might be close to 100% and he is at the 8th mark. I think they will be extra careful with Dayo. But Fisher is a vet so if he is ready he will go.  Very possible Fisher is ready week one.
    • Those shoulder pads make him look huge. Lol
    • I don't know why you think you're revealing something that's embarrassing to Ballard?    You're not.   Ballard says the same thing at the start of every free agency period.   That other teams may value his players more than he does.   That's he's ok if he loses a player to another team.   He just wants a chance to match or exceed the offer.   Hilton was offered 3-years from Baltimore.   The Colts signed him to a 1-year deal.    That's a win for Ballard and the Colts.   Hilton got more than we would have liked,  but only on a 1-year deal.    So, that's a win for TYH.    A win-win situation.   There's nothing bad reflected on Ballard.   Yet you think you're offering some insight that the rest of us somehow don't understand.    That's not the case.   The rest of this community understands a win-win situation.    You want to see a loss, a negative for Ballard.   It's reflected in most of your posts,    It's reflected in many of your posts, including one in the last few days which talked about not a good enough record,  and not enough playoff wins.   Your views are widely known.  
    • Well....USA Today did say he was "shaky".
    • I'd like to see how Mack is doing and hope he doesn't go too hard trying show he's healthy.  I sure don't want him pop something and setting him back. Looking forward at our 1-2 punch(Taylor) in September.    Eason will be exciting to see. Of course Wentz too.   TY & Paris.   Our new rookie TE.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...