Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron Injured Reserve

MarquisJ

1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

Wonder just how bad the ankles are or if he is just so frustrated and the coaches and FO had an enough of his demands. Hope that's not the case but the way he came on and blabbed to the press makes me wonder.

In Thursday game you could see he was walking very slow to the sidelines after plays. He was clearly in pain.He has been on the injury report several times this year with a ankle. 

He was rarely on the injury report but he continued to play despite the fact he was obviously playing at less than 100% and he was still our best receiver behind TY.  And now he goes to IR.  Looks like he's an old school type of player who will try to play through the injuries instead of taking time off to let his injuries heal.  Now he needs surgery.  He was a pro bowler last year yet some fans want to show the 26 yr old the door.   Getting the surgery out of the way now should mean he would be ready to go for the start of camp.  Because of his age and past performance with us I can see Ballard bringing him back on a new deal.  He will most likely draft another TE as well and see what shakes out in camp. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

In Thursday game you could see he was walking very slow to the sidelines after plays. He was clearly in pain.He has been on the injury report several times this year with a ankle. 

You may be right but seems odd that with ankles that he can play on despite the pain would go from playing to IR, especially this time of year. Probably a stretch on my part but does make me wonder. Not a great trait for a Ballard locker room to spout like he did.

I think we could do better next year without him.    I'm sure there's some better TE in the draft who can catch and block consistently better than Ebron.  Might not be as fast, but there's some all around TE out there I'm sure.   I could sort of deal with the drops when Luck was here because he was producing big time.  It still irritated me though.  Now that Luck isn't here the drops increased and his game didn't improve.  He'll give you something every now and then.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

You may be right but seems odd that with ankles that he can play on despite the pain would go from playing to IR, especially this time of year. Probably a stretch on my part but does make me wonder. Not a great trait for a Ballard locker room to spout like he did.

Maybe he tried and just couldn’t do it anymore. Travis should do ok in his place. He looked good in the pre season. Maybe MO gets more passing opportunities. Maybe even Doyle gets more now.

I think Doyle should be able to finish his career here. He is steady and provides a good security blanket for the QB. Sign him for another 2 years or so.

• Like 1

The thing about Ebron is that he is what he is.  Drops were always going to be a thing with him, but in return you’d get some amazing, key plays.  Just the price of having Eric Ebron.  I think love him or hate him, though, he was an excellent signing that yielded dividends.  A shame his time with the Colts might end like this. 

• Like 1

Ebron only came here because of Luck, and after seeing what Brissett turned out to be, who could blame him for being miserable this year? Probably need to get rid of Ebron, but it's not all his fault. WR injuries combined with this abomination of a QB we have have destroyed this offense. Instead of signing a fresh face, we replace Ebron with Travis. That's what I get for taking a break here. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ebron only came here because of Luck, and after seeing what Brissett turned out to be, who could blame him for being miserable this year? Probably need to get rid of Ebron, but it's not all his fault. WR injuries combined with this abomination of a QB we have have destroyed this offense. Instead of signing a fresh face, we replace Ebron with Travis. That's what I get for taking a break here. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Can I get a link where Ebron said he came here because of Luck?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Can I get a link where Ebron said he came here because of Luck?

“The reason I came here is because of Andrew Luck, to keep it honest,” Ebron said after the Colts’ first team meeting of 2018. “It doesn’t really matter where I played or where I went, I just wanted a quarterback that I knew could get me the ball and pretty much work with me the way I knew that I needed to be worked with. And I think Andrew Luck was the perfect fit.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/04/10/new-colts-te-eric-ebron-knows-why-hes-here/502721002/

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

“The reason I came here is because of Andrew Luck, to keep it honest,” Ebron said after the Colts’ first team meeting of 2018. “It doesn’t really matter where I played or where I went, I just wanted a quarterback that I knew could get me the ball and pretty much work with me the way I knew that I needed to be worked with. And I think Andrew Luck was the perfect fit.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/04/10/new-colts-te-eric-ebron-knows-why-hes-here/502721002/

He is probably the one guy that was furious with Luck. Luck loved to use his TE and it was a perfect fit for Eric. I would feel so screwed over. I feel really bad for him.

Colts worked out a bunch of TE last week so they knew this was coming.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

A lot of people excited about the Ross Travis signing.  Remember he was signed off the street.  No one wanted him on their practice squad.  I'm happy for him but I'm not expecting a lot of production.  

I've seen Travis do diddly poo with the Colts ever to be honest.

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

A lot of people excited about the Ross Travis signing.  Remember he was signed off the street.  No one wanted him on their practice squad.  I'm happy for him but I'm not expecting a lot of production.  

I don’t think anyone is excited to lose Ebron and have Travis. It’s all we have right now and hopefully he can make the most out of this opportunity. He knows the system so hopefully it won’t be a huge adjustmant. Hopefully we hear that DF and Campbell will be back Sunday so this won’t be a huge void.

1 minute ago, DEFENSE said:

face it luck quit

Luck, he's gone, and not hoping for his return. He's just a data point at this stage.

Doesn't mean folks will be blind to JB's negative impact on the passing O. The stat comparisons will remain, and won't go away.

Face it, JB simply hasn't been good. Most were cautious to begin with but willing to give him a chance. Those cautious folks are now starting to move on from JB. JB could still pull it out but his time is getting shorter and shorter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Luck, he's gone, and not hoping for his return. He's just a data point at this stage.

Doesn't mean folks will be blind to JB's negative impact on the passing O. The stat comparisons will remain, and won't go away.

Face it, JB simply hasn't been good. Most were cautious to begin with but willing to give him a chance. Those cautious folks are now starting to move on from JB. JB could still pull it out but his time is getting shorter and shorter. 

what is your solution ? or do you even have one?

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He was rarely on the injury report but he continued to play despite the fact he was obviously playing at less than 100% and he was still our best receiver behind TY.  And now he goes to IR.  Looks like he's an old school type of player who will try to play through the injuries instead of taking time off to let his injuries heal.  Now he needs surgery.  He was a pro bowler last year yet some fans want to show the 26 yr old the door.   Getting the surgery out of the way now should mean he would be ready to go for the start of camp.  Because of his age and past performance with us I can see Ballard bringing him back on a new deal.  He will most likely draft another TE as well and see what shakes out in camp. 

Wow. A lot of speculation there about his playing through injuries. We just plain don't know when, how serious and for how long. I can imagine all sorts of scenarios.