Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron Injured Reserve

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Luck made Ebron look great. Brissett made him look average.   What we need is a QB that can throw our WR and TE's open. Brissett won't throw the ball downfield, which is a big big probl

Contrary to the above posters, I hope hes played his last game as a Colt.

He rejuvenated his career here. He loves this place and the fans. I would attempt to sign him for maybe a short deal. Like 3 years. We have the money and are quickly losing all of our pass catchers. L

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I wouldn’t do more than a 1 year deal for Ebron. 

Resign Doyle and draft a TE. 

I'm not sure I'd want to sign Doyle.   I like him and he's a hometown guy, but he hasn't been impressive this season.  His blocking has been questionable.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

He rejuvenated his career here. He loves this place and the fans. I would attempt to sign him for maybe a short deal. Like 3 years. We have the money and are quickly losing all of our pass catchers. Let’s not forget that just last year he had 14 total touchdowns. Guys like that don’t grow on trees. 

1 yr deal or walk. Let’s see if his leaves can regrow again after they all seemed to fall off again this year. Likable guy with tons of talent but this years EE was Detroit’s EE, not the Colts 2018 guy. 

as a side note, this opens up Funchess spot. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not sure I'd want to sign Doyle.   I like him and he's a hometown guy, but he hasn't been impressive this season.  His blocking has been questionable.   

To be fair, none of our pass catchers have been anything but unremarkable this year. 

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He found Ebron in FA why not another?  I think Doyle was a FA as well.  

Doyle I think was an UDFA as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feel bad for Ebron, but one man's injury is another man's opportunity. Gives Mo 5 games (plus playoffs?!) to show what he's got. 

Sign Doyle. He's been a reliable receiver, a good blocker, and other than last season, he's available on game days.

• Confused 1
22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

To be fair, none of our pass catchers have been anything but unremarkable this year. 

That is true.  it's more of Doyles blocking that I think has suffered this season, but perhaps that is due to more pressure because the passing game is so little.  

I think my feeling is the same with Doyle and Ebron.   If they can sign them to reasonable contracts, I'd like to see them both back.  I think Ebron may want high dollars.   Doyle may give the hometown discount.  

I am anxious to see Cox this year.   

• Like 1

Here's something to ponder:

What if the Colts were in playoff contention, and the playoffs were this weekend? 

Do you think they just tape his weak * ankles up and he plays? 

Also, they should've kept Hentges like most of us wanted them to! (he could've had Hoyer's spot lol) 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

To be fair, no receivers have had an impressive season thus far...

You could say Pascal but it’s not impressive it’s just improved...

Which says this. A QB problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Myles said:

...I think my feeling is the same with Doyle and Ebron.   If they can sign them to reasonable contracts, I'd like to see them both back.  I think Ebron may want high dollars.   Doyle may give the hometown discount.  

I am anxious to see Cox this year.   

Ebron may want high dollars...

but with his injuries, inconsistencies, drops etc. Will he get a big payout is questionable.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Ebron may want high dollars...

but with his injuries, inconsistencies, drops etc. Will he get a big payout is questionable.

I think he and his agent will be using the 2018 numbers to get a big contract.   There are teams out there who may want to give him the money too.   2019 has been a bit of a down year for TE's as a whole.  

1 hour ago, ManningGM said:

Contrary to the above posters, I hope hes played his last game as a Colt.

Yeah because the damn dude cant catch and hes a sorry blocker as well. I think we could find a TE or two in the draft and FA who can catch and block. Ones who dont cry to the coaching staff about getting the ball and then when the ball comes your way you drop damn near every ball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

That's too bad about Ebron, he was playing well the last couple of games and JB finally started looking his way again.  Hopefully he recovers from the procedures and comes back next year.  he was a big addition to the team in 2018. 

people talk about his drops, etc and he has had a few but he is still 3rd on the team in receptions and 2 in receiving yards and 3rd in receiving TDs.  He will be missed, especially for a team that is struggling in the passing game.

• Like 3

Probably the end of the Ebron era. He seems frustrated. And I can’t say I blame him. He had that big season last season and then Doyle gets healthy and they keep from giving him the chance to keep that level of play up. He has a legit case to move on based on his usage rate this season. 

And he also has a legit case to make to some other team that he’s worth a big deal. 

I’ve said for a while now that I think he winds up in New England.