Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys at Pats

Gramz

Troy has been a consummate professional watching his team blow it for years now. But right now he is clearly mad lol!

The refs were bad but the Cowboys offense called such a bad game and Dak was so bad, and Cooper was so bad I don’t have the energy to get emotional about the bad calls. This team without an * coach would have won this game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Troy has been a consummate professional watching his team blow it for years now. But right now he is clearly mad lol!

The refs were bad but the Cowboys offense called such a bad game and Dak was so bad, and Cooper was so bad I don’t have the energy to get emotional about the bad calls. This team without an * coach would have won this game.

Yeah I could see in Troy's voice he was like angry homer simpson GIF, he is right about that tripping call, that was really a bad call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

All true.

Such a sloppy game.  Pat's Defense showed up, but they're about the only ones who did.

10 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I did not see tripping! Are you flipping kidding me?

Yeah, and the game is essentially decided by the refs. The two phantom holding calls against Kelly and Smith on Thursday potentially dictated that game. I would rather officials err by missing possible penalties as opposed to making phantom calls and throwing more flags than are warranted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Jason Garrett is a terrible coach. Should have went for it instead of kicking a FG in the 4th quarter to make it 13-9. Then he didn’t run it for the first down at 3rd and 1 , and got called for a hold. Opportunities missed. You are not beating hoodie with mistakes like that. 

On at least 3 different times Troy said that is poor coaching Joe - to Joe Buck. Troy would've gave the ball to Emmitt. You have Zeke on your team and do not run it on 3rd and 1. Man I have seen it all now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On at least 3 different times Troy said that is poor coaching Joe - to Joe Buck. Troy would've gave the ball to Emmitt. You have Zeke on your team and do not run it on 3rd and 1. Man I have seen it all now.

Plus, Garrett had three timeouts. Once you get to third and long, like after the ridiculous tripping call, hoodie will blitz ,and you’re finished. That’s exactly what happened. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

How can anyone watch these games and not see the outrageous advantage the pats are continually given by the officiating crews?

Edelman was held frequently, and only one call near the end.

Please.

That was not a one sided affair.

Also, and it just happened again in the Packers game and happened a bunch in the Falcons game, on 2nd and 15 or more offenses just give up. They don’t even look deep when they actually call something that’s not a screen. They just dump it off. The Pats had 1 of those sequences, and they converted because they went for the conversion. On a 3rd and 20. I don’t know how mailing that in has became a trend in this league but that’s the difference between them and Bill Belichik.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

This is a massacre. The refs have been bailing the Packers out all game worse than the Pats and the 49ers are still going to win it by the same score the Seahawks did against Peyton lol ugh...

I seriously doubt Rodgers or even Brees will enter that Elite 2 SB win club as a starter like Peyton did. Not even Favre did that, it is so tough to win 2 or more. Only 12 QB's have done that, Brady just makes it look easy but he has had BB his whole career. I have no clue who will win the SB this year but if I had to bet, it would be the Pats again eventhough Brady looks near done. He is still good enough though because of his defense much like Peyton was with Denver to get 1 more. Brady can use his smarts and so can BB to get 1 more. KC could outscore them with Mahomes but that is the type of a game Brady will be clutch especially being in Foxboro. Ravens could beat them too but they need HFA IMO. Playing in Foxboro is doomsday. 49ers are now 10-1 but I still don't think they are on the Pats level.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

49ers are now 10-1 but I still don't think they are on the Pats level.

Thats just crazy... alot of people would say that. But that's just insane. The Patriots scored 10 points on a total of 15 yard drives yesterday!! Blocked punt and interception.. this just can't happen for the next 8 games can it?! Someone's got to score...

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really hope it’s a ravens 49’ers SB. That would be a heck of a game.

lol just when you'd be excited for change and something new in the NFL... the more.. things..just.. stay the same :lol:

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This might be the most help I ever seen Brady have in his career, meaning defensively. BB is smart and knows Brady isn't what he was 3 or 4 years ago so he makes sure he keeps his D great. 

From BB himself-

"Attack weaknesses, utilize strengths. Figure out the strengths on your team, there's some things you have to protect. Find the weaknesses of your opponent, and attack. You can't win a war by digging a hole, you have to attack. So you have to figure out where you want to attack, how you want to attack. And that changes week to week, game to game."

14 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Wow, this Bill Belichick defense is carrying Tom Brady so hard.

Just like in the early years, with Brady/Weis. They got 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 years with their D 'carrying' Brady.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The coaches (and fans) are all about the exciting passing game, and 'fooling' the opponent. Sometimes it filters through when it shouldn't.

• Thanks 1

Pats O moved the ball better than the Cowboys all game. They just stalled out or had one of I think seven or eight drops to kill the drive.  Considering they were missing Sanu and Dorsett (yes Brady trusts him too) the O did rather well and the run game was the best it’s been all season. (Like 4 yards a carry) 

As even Dallas fans are saying, while the trip call was wrong and bad that didn’t cost them the game. Garrett poor coaching did. I mean even without the trip call they need march 75 yards in 2 minutes.. something they hadn’t done all game.. and well settling for a FG on the Pats 11 was a cowardly move.

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

LOL

I can only assume you are either joking or baiting

No, there were five different times yesterday when Edelman was hooked or held with no flag.

Youve always been a Patriots hater, so I don’t expect you to see the truth in this.

17 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

As even Dallas fans are saying, while the trip call was wrong and bad that didn’t cost them the game.

We don't know that.

They had started moving the ball and that call took them from needing one yard to needing  11 and slowed their momentum.  

Maybe it didn't cost them the game, but you can't say that definitively.

By the way, that WAS tripping in both plays. On the last one, it was on #71, not on #72.  He lifted his leg to block Hightower.  Classic tripping based on the rule.  Was it the blatant tripping that you tend to think of?  No.  But, by rule, it clearly was.

56 minutes ago, Gramz said:

We don't know that.

They had started moving the ball and that call took them from needing one yard to needing  11 and slowed their momentum.  

Maybe it didn't cost them the game, but you can't say that definitively.

Judging by how well they moved it all night it is safe to say they were not going to drive down field in 2 minutes.. their coach is awful and blew any chance they had.. oh and FYI the correct call for that trip was holding on the guy next to him.. last I checked your not allowed touch the defender in the back blocking.

14 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Judging by how well they moved it all night it is safe to say they were not going to drive down field in 2 minutes.. their coach is awful and blew any chance they had.. oh and FYI the correct call for that trip was holding on the guy next to him.. last I checked your not allowed touch the defender in the back blocking.

Water under the bridge now.

But it definitely was not tripping. 

6 hours ago, NFLUp said:

No, there were five different times yesterday when Edelman was hooked or held with no flag.

Youve always been a Patriots hater, so I don’t expect you to see the truth in this.

This is hilarious. The Patriots D has written the book on defensive holding / pass interference. They do it more than anyone in the league (and have for years), and they did it way more than 5 times yesterday. Nice try, though.

Also, it's cool that you think you know me

• Like 1