Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mayock: With Manning, Broncos Super Bowl-Bound

If the Broncos land QB Peyton Manning, NFL Network’s Mike Mayock thinks they’ll become a significantly better team.

How much better? Try championship caliber.

“The bottom line is, this guy’s special,” Mayock said Friday on NFL Network. “There’s only been a couple of guys like him in the history of the NFL. If he’s healthy and playing at his level, then the only two words that come to my mind are Super Bowl.”

Mayock suggested that the Broncos should try to give Manning all the offensive weapons they can find, naming restricted free-agent WR Mike Wallace and TE Dallas Clark as possible targets. Even though signing Wallace would mean coughing up a first-round draft pick, Mayock thinks it would be worth it to arm Manning with the tools he needs to make a run at a title.

“I’d be really just getting everybody I could get on the offensive side of the ball and say, okay, Peyton, it’s up to you to win a Super Bowl, let’s go,” Mayock said.

article continues on to what he expects Broncos will try & find out when observing Peyton

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/16/mayock-with-manning-broncos-super-bowl-bound/?module=HP11_content_stream

is mayock taking over as host of the mister obvious show?

"If you ask me, in my professional opinion, any team that signs Peyton will get a big improvement at the quarterback position. However, that is only if he's healthy. If he's unhealthy and can't play, he doesn't improve your quarterback position. But if he can play, he will make your team better."

I should be a TV analyst

is mayock taking over as host of the mister obvious show?

If so I need to call in, my kitchen sink keeps growling at me when I try to turn on the light, come to think of it, my light isn't working either. Maybe I need a exorcist???

I mean they did get into the divisional rounds with Tebow

I was actually stunned they beat Pittsburgh. Maybe I should not have been based on the injuries they had but......I just thought no way would Tebow be able to handle that D.

Guess thats why you play the game.

I was actually stunned they beat Pittsburgh. Maybe I should not have been based on the injuries they had but......I just thought no way would Tebow be able to handle that D.

Reading that last line made me think of

That is also because the Steelers played uncharacterstically, IMO. It was almost like they did not take Tebow seriously, crowded the line of scrimmage, and guys were out of position constantly.

i do not agree with the broncos being championship caliber team even with peyton because the defense is basically the same hes had in indy. the defense is easily ran on and their only pass rush comes from two players.

i do not agree with the broncos being championship caliber team even with peyton because the defense is basically the same hes had in indy. the defense is easily ran on and their only pass rush comes from two players.

Please explain for us the fact that during the Broncos extended stretch of success last year, all we heard was:

Question: "how is Denver winning when their QB does nothing but go three and out for the first 3 1/ 2 quarters of the game"

Answer: "It's their defense".

The Colts lost last year largely because their defense was helpless without a quality QB. They were physically spent by the third quarter of many games. The Broncos made the second round of the playoffs last year despite having a QB who is frankly inferior in every respect (besides rushing and praying) to Collins, Orlovsky, and (for his first three games) Painter. Doesn't that seem like a bit of a contradiction to you?

Please explain for us the fact that during the Broncos extended stretch of success last year, all we heard was:

Question: "how is Denver winning when their QB does nothing but go three and out for the first 3 1/ 2 quarters of the game"

The Colts lost last year largely because their defense was helpless without a quality QB. They were physically spent by the third quarter of many games. The Broncos made the second round of the playoffs last year despite having a QB who is frankly inferior in every respect (besides rushing and praying) to Collins, Orlovsky, and (for his first three games) Painter. Doesn't that seem like a bit of a contradiction to you?

The "experts" proclaimed Tebow was a wasted pick and should have gone much lower for what that is worth.

While I know I am in jeopardy of taking the Mr. Obvious award he can't throw, he can't run, his mechanics are wrong, but he won the stinking game so what else matters?

exactly

The "experts" proclaimed Tebow was a wasted pick and should have gone much lower for what that is worth.

While I know I am in jeopardy of taking the Mr. Obvious award he can't throw, he can't run, his mechanics are wrong, but he won the stinking game so what else matters?

That D always keep them in the game

no the denver defense was keeping them in games. keep the score close, but there were a lot of comebacks from tim tebow. the defense can get ran on and has flaws as we show vs the bills and as we saw in the playoffs vs the pats

Well other than the fact that if I was a fan of the team I'd be extremely depressed, it doesn't matter at all. I wasn't talking about Tebow, I was talking about the Broncos defense.

Well, Best of the best at QB. Very good running game with McGahee and Moreno. Good O-line, a receiving core that Manning can work with, and make better. An up a coming defense that could take a big hit in the secondary in the next couple of years.

I can see them being SB bound, even SB favorites.

The broncos d is overrated to a point. They did give up a lot of points except for 5 games. The d is on the field for a while, but this year most of that d will be very old. Dawkins has his own neck injury and he was huge for them. I think Tenn and SF give him the best shot to win a sb, but I can see him winning with either.

You don't agree? What a shocker.

You don't agree? What a shocker.

if winning a championship was as simple as having peyton we would have 12 championships

if winning a championship was as simple as having peyton we would have 12 championships

It isn't, but the Broncos are a more complete team than the Colts were for the majority of Peyton's time there. Specifically, they have a semi-competent defense and a very good running game.