Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Secondary Breakdowns

Mr.Debonair

On 11/23/2019 at 12:18 AM, Stephen said:

The defensive  gameplan was stupid. Should have sent more pressure  and hooker should have played deep all game

So holding a very good offense, with a very good QB and very good WR, to less than 21 (3+ pts below their average) in their own house is unacceptable?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

So holding a very good offense, with a very good QB and very good WR, to less than 21 (3+ pts below their average) in their own house is unacceptable?

Yes it is. We should have dominated them like the ravens and like the 49ers did the packers tonight

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

Yes it is. We should have dominated them like the ravens and like the 49ers did the packers tonight

LOL, Great example.....

49ers actually had an O... 250+ passing yards. 4 TDs on O + 3 FGs... 

The Ravens had a QB that threw for 4 TDs

So your expectation is that we should have an elite D, with little to no expectation of our passing game. Got it. Check... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

LOL, Great example.....

49ers actually had an O... 250+ passing yards. 4 TDs on O + 3 FGs... 

The Ravens had a QB that threw for 4 TDs

So your expectation is that we should have an elite D, with little to no expectation of our passing game. Got it. Check... 

2000 ravens

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

lol, keep moving the goalposts... 

You may prefer to ignore obvious deficiency, and wait for once or twice in a century type stuff, but most prefer to actually fix what's not working... 

you can try, but you may get worse. Instead of a low yardage good td to int qb you may get a high yardage high int qb who loses games due to his turnovers. Ideally the best qb would have a high td rate and low int rate and good yardage.

17 minutes ago, Stephen said:

you can try, but you may get worse. Instead of a low yardage good td to int qb you may get a high yardage high int qb who loses games due to his turnovers. Ideally the best qb would have a high td rate and low int rate and good yardage.

I'm happy to take the risk. Accepting mediocrity is not in my DNA. I'm not a participation trophy kind of guy.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm happy to take the risk. Accepting mediocrity is not in my DNA. I'm not a participation trophy kind of guy.

If a guy is there that they feel would be better  by all means draft him, but don't  just take another  qb for the sake of it and he end up being a bust that played considerably  worse.

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If a guy is there that they feel would be better  by all means draft him, but don't  just take another  qb for the sake of it and he end up being a bust that played considerably  worse.

I don't see Ballard as the type to go all in on someone with high bust potential. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Gonna assume Ballard might be better/quicker at "finding". 

One can hope but the more we win the harder it will be to draft another  qb and the more we would have to give up to go get one. They could trade Brissett  to net another pick but to move up in the top spots for a qb will take alot. He could also stay put and hope one falls, but idk 

Just now, Stephen said:

One can hope but the more we win the harder it will be to draft another  qb and the more we would have to give up to go get one. They could trade Brissett  to net another pick but to move up in the top spots for a qb will take alot. He could also stay put and hope one falls, but idk 

Love is mocked late first to mid 2nd right now. Given how many Indy scouts have been to his games, and that Ballard personally traveled last week, he might have someone in mind that doesn't require a trade up. Knowing CB though, would be shocked if he traded up just to make sure.

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Love is mocked late first to mid 2nd right now. Given how many Indy scouts have been to his games, and that Ballard personally traveled last week, he might have someone in mind that doesn't require a trade up. Knowing CB though, would be shocked if he traded up just to make sure.

My concern with love is his td to int ratio

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Other than Love has Ballard  been at any other qbs games 

If ballard thinks he has found his guy I think he would trade up. The biggest issue there is a lot of teams who are QB needy so finding a partner might be hard. QB is probably one position it’s ok to move up for. I don’t think he would take a chance of him slipping if he thinks it is the guy. I thought TN might be looking for a QB too but Tannehill is young enough and is playing great so they might roll with him.  Love could also increase his stock at the combine where he rises and is out of reach.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

They are only going to draft a guy if they feel he is the guy. I doubt they draft someone only because they think he will be better then Jacoby. That would be reaching. It has to be the guy they feel is the future.

My concern with love is his td to int ratio

Look at his ratio last year before he lost his coach, his OL, his WRs, his RB, and his D.

Other than Love has Ballard  been at any other qbs games 

Not personally from what I've seen. I'm sure the scouts have.

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Look at his ratio last year before he lost his coach, his OL, his WRs, his RB, and his D.

Not personally from what I've seen. I'm sure the scouts have.

Yea I saw it was decent last year. Jackson is making the league  look silly

16 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea I saw it was decent last year. Jackson is making the league  look silly

It's an example of what a potent O can do. Baltimore made LAR play catch up and single threaded. They only had 9 rushes because they couldn't afford to run... That's what happens when a QB puts up points early and often. 5 passing TDs.. Goff meanwhile was anemic. They also lost to Pitt... 

I'd also say Love was more than decent last year. Those are elite numbers.

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's an example of what a potent O can do. Baltimore made LAR play catch up and single threaded. They only had 9 rushes because they couldn't afford to run... That's what happens when a QB puts up points early and often. 5 passing TDs.. Goff meanwhile was anemic. They also lost to Pitt... 

I'd also say Love was more than decent last year. Those are elite numbers.

We will see if he is there and if Ballard  picks him or any other qb

this loss was on the offense which could not get much going in passing game. We had a great running game. Blown coverage that allowed Hopkins get wide open in end zone was biggest defensive mistake. I do not fault defense on some of the other long passes that Watson made to his receives. Watson is a solid QB and he is blessed with talented receivers.