Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Down the field WR's NEEDED!!!!

Tombstone

On 11/22/2019 at 1:01 PM, Chloe6124 said:

That isn’t what I said. I said get players healthy and get him more weapons and then make a judgement. This persons tweet is why you have to be careful.

The premise of the comment is wrong.  JB is a Watson type QB... someone who struggles if his first read is not open, relies on scrambling rather than progressions, and is not really an accurate passer downfield.

I know, people will point to the throws in the Colts game and he made some great throws against the Colts, but those are more the exception for Watson than the norm.

I want a QB who is better than that.  I want a QB who can stand in the pocket, anticipate where his receivers and defenders will be and not be afraid to pull the trigger when those things align.

The thing that makes it tough to want to move on from him is his leadership and his command of the team.  Finding a QB luck JB is easy and if the choice is between JB or a development QB like JB, I'd stick with Brissett, but if it's a choice between JB and developing a guy that can become the next QB like Eli or Matt Stafford or Derek Carr (guys who are just outside that "elite category"), then I think the team has to move in that direction

On 11/22/2019 at 6:20 PM, DougDew said:

they wouldn't wait past pick 15 to draft that known quantity and would trade a bunch to move up to get him.

they might do just that if they decide they really like love

there are some that could be there in the second that could be an upgrade too . Jacoby was drafted in the third and hes playing like a bridge QB himself, its not like they would have to be elite to be an upgrade

22 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Brissett  had been playing  better  than garoppolo  most the year. Garoppolo now has all his weapons  back and Brissett  does not.

Uh, no.

Prior to JB's injury, 4 of his 7 games were sub 50 QBRs. In the same time periosd, JG had a whopping zero games under 50. JG may not have been flashy early, but saying he played worse than JB is simply not accurate. JB has had some ups, but he's also had plenty of downs. He's only been consistent about being inconsistent. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Uh, no.

Prior to JB's injury, 4 of his 7 games were sub 50 QBRs. In the same time periosd, JG had a whopping zero games under 50. JG may not have been flashy early, but saying he played worse than JB is simply not accurate. JB has had some ups, but he's also had plenty of downs. He's only been consistent about being inconsistent. 

It's almost like Garroppolo is coming back from an injury where it's well documented it takes some time to get back up to full speed even when you do get back on the field...

8 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

It's almost like Garroppolo is coming back from an injury where it's well documented it takes some time to get back up to full speed even when you do get back on the field...

Yup, an ACL will do that. Honestly I'm far from sold on JG, but he is 18-3. At minimum, he's a much better game manager than JB has been.

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

he has a better team around him

uh, no. lol.. you really dig a little deeper sometimes before you reply.

OL - Colts are way better, especially in pass blocking. See graphic.

Rushing - Both teams are almost equal (2nd and 3rd ranked)

Run D - Indy is 10 spots better than SF

Pass Rush - about the same. See graphic

Pass D - SF is 14 spots better than Indy

But... SF is 14 spots better than Indy in the passing game.

Jimmy wishes he had Indy's OL.... But really he doesn't need it to be effective because his time to throw is best 5 in the league, while JB's is typically around the bottom 5.

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

uh, no. lol.. you really dig a little deeper sometimes before you reply.

OL - Colts are way better, especially in pass blocking. See graphic.

Rushing - Both teams are almost equal (2nd and 3rd ranked)

Run D - Indy is 10 spots better than SF

Pass Rush - about the same. See graphic

Pass D - SF is 14 spots better than Indy

But... SF is 14 spots better than Indy in the passing game.

Jimmy wishes he had Indy's OL.... But really he doesn't need it to be effective because his time to throw is best 5 in the league, while JB's is typically around the bottom 5.

They are 10-1 and def the better  team overall so my point still stands.

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They are 10-1 and def the better  team overall so my point still stands.

We are better in 2 of 4 categories. Out of the 2 categories they are better in, one is passing O..... Within that passing O, we have clearly a better OL..... 

So yes, they are better, and a big part of the "better" is their QB.

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they might do just that if they decide they really like love

there are some that could be there in the second that could be an upgrade too . Jacoby was drafted in the third and hes playing like a bridge QB himself, its not like they would have to be elite to be an upgrade

I think that's what most are saying.  Draft a QB that would sit for a year behind JB. 

That might work.  I can't see where that would be a high floor type of an upgrade.  More of a high ceiling project.