Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Tombstone

Down the field WR's NEEDED!!!!

Recommended Posts

With a Running game the Colts have, play action deep balls or atleast some down the field throws you think should be there.

Brissett did have time to throw the ball and yes TY did have two drops.  Where was the other WR's.....  Some one here did say they wished Fuller wasn't going to play tonight and I felt the same way....  To me WR's need is just as big DB's.  Colts run defense is Stout. It's kind of funny now that we are going to have to root for the Patriots to beat the Texans now....  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see Houston beating Tennessee both games and I sure don't see them beating NE because of the head coaches alone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this team lacks elite proven talent in many areas, we have too many project draft picks and cheap dropsy wide receiver free agents

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a WR that was know as a down field specialist (and did it very well for Watson in college). Instead of throwing deep to him, we tried to turn him into a possession WR which he was known not to be.....

 

and here's his own quote on joining the Steelers...

 

Quote

Vertical speed, try to make big plays,” Cain said of his role. “I just want to find my way on the field. I haven’t even been in practice yet, so once I get to practice (the coaches) will get a good feel for me, and I can get a good feel for them. I am excited for the opportunity.”

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

We had a WR that was know as a down field specialist (and did it very well for Watson in college). Instead of throwing deep to him, we tried to turn him into a possession WR which he was known not to be.....

 

and here's his own quote on joining the Steelers...

 

 


I never bought the Cain hype, but I will say this, if Cain produces with the Steelers, you have to look at Brissett.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MPStack said:


I never bought the Cain hype, but I will say this, if Cain produces with the Steelers, you have to look at Brissett.

 

I doubt he does anything big for Pitt given the timing and learning curve. If he does ball out on some limited go routes, I'm going to laugh my bottom off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need another big time WR. All the not throwing down field is not all on Jacoby. We have a lot 3 4 and 5 WR. Injuries have killed this offense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need another big time WR. All the not throwing down field is not all on Jacoby. We have a lot 3 4 and 5 WR. Injuries have killed this offense.

are you on the coaching staff?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why a ton of mocks have us taking guys like Jalen Reagor in the 1st, a guy that can stretch the field with 4.2-4.3 speed. Kinda silly tho when Parris Campbell will eventually be healthy, and we will eventually have a QB that can actually detect when a guy is open. For now, I'd rather grab a big X receiver like Lamb, Higgins, or Shenault, would compliment TY and Parris perfectly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

That's why a ton of mocks have us taking guys like Jalen Reagor in the 1st, a guy that can stretch the field with 4.2-4.3 speed. Kinda silly tho when Parris Campbell will eventually be healthy, and we will eventually have a QB that can actually detect when a guy is open. For now, I'd rather grab a big X receiver like Lamb, Higgins, or Shenault, would compliment TY and Parris perfectly. 

I'd love a WR like that but no sense in getting one til we upgrade the QB position.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need another big time WR. All the not throwing down field is not all on Jacoby. We have a lot 3 4 and 5 WR. Injuries have killed this offense.

Luck was practically league MVP with these guys. I'd say what we really need is a competent quarterback.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Luck was practically league MVP with these guys. I'd say what we really need is a competent quarterback.

but but..... it's only his 1st year starting haha

 

cause for some reason we cant count 2017....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd love a WR like that but no sense in getting one til we upgrade the QB position.

I agree 100%. That's gotta be the number 1 priority. There's really nobody out there that would be an obvious upgrade on the FA market, unless they wanted to take a shot on a guy like Josh Rosen after Miami drafts their guy.

 

The 2020 draft is about 6-7 guys deep tho imo, players that have legitimate potential to start in the NFL, several with the right landing spots could be stars. I like Jacob Eason a lot, he was the top ranked high school quarterback in his class coming into college, and it shows. He's every bit of 6'6 and 235, and he has a really live arm. He struggles with decisions, but he's only had a year of collegiate starting experience since he transferred from Georgia to Washington. He's young tho, he would be like Sam Darnold was coming in, 21 I think, so lot of time to mold him into a Matt Stafford or Matt Ryan type.

 

With the team Ballard has built, it's gonna be so much easier on a young QB to come in and have success. Unlike Miami, the oline is already a strength, if we take another WR early we will have TY, Campbell, and whoever they draft, we have nearly 100 mil in cap space that has to be spent under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, so they will add several studs there.

 

The Colts are in great shape, and the perfect landing spot for a young stud QB, Jacoby Brissett is maxed out, and he isn't even remotely close to being able to take this team on a deep playoff run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Luck was practically league MVP with these guys. I'd say what we really need is a competent quarterback.

Luck lost games TY did not play. Luck did not win games with pascal and Rogers as one and two WR.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd love a WR like that but no sense in getting one til we upgrade the QB position.

That is a bad take. Give Jacoby better weopons. See what he can do. If it doesn’t work you have good weapons for a rookie QB.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is a bad take. Give Jacoby better weopons. See what he can do. If it doesn’t work you have good weapons for a rookie QB.

It's not a bad take at all. There are some very good reasons to look at a QB upgrade first and not wait another season.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bringing in a rookie QB before you give him weapons is not going to be s good result. How you think a rookie QB would fair with that WR group last night.  Before I give up on him I need to see what he can do with real weapons. 

 

Maybe we can do both in the draft. We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't disagree...this upcoming draft class happens to be loaded. The perfect opportunity to pair a QB and WR...and create the next Luck/Hilton duo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Luck lost games TY did not play. Luck did not win games with pascal and Rogers as one and two WR.

Who did he have? Dontrelle Inman? Lol the same caliber of guys is what I'm getting at, it's not like he had AB or OBJ and they're no longer on the roster, so JB is at some kind of inherent disadvantage. It's a level playing field, actually JB has had the starting oline intact all year, Luck didn't til the 2nd half of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is a bad take. Give Jacoby better weopons. See what he can do. If it doesn’t work you have good weapons for a rookie QB.

dear god no matter what you want the team will not have a 1at or 2nd round pick at every WR spot and at TE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Bringing in a rookie QB before you give him weapons is not going to be s good result. How you think a rookie QB would fair with that WR group last night.  Before I give up on him I need to see what he can do with real weapons. 

 

Luck had an aging Reggie, a gaggle of rookies (Hilton, Allen, Fleener and Ballard), a crap run game and a crap OL.

 

This next QB will have TY, Campbell, a very strong run game and an elite OL. He can grow and develop with other young guys they bring in.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Bringing in a rookie QB before you give him weapons is not going to be s good result. How you think a rookie QB would fair with that WR group last night.  Before I give up on him I need to see what he can do with real weapons. 

 

Maybe we can do both in the draft. We will see.

Is one more WR gonna help JB read defenses? Is it gonna allow him to average more than 168 yards a game and less than ONE touchdown? C'mon, I get that you've planted your flag with JB, but it's abundantly clear he isn't the future, he's been a career backup for a reason. He's a Grade A Backup QB in the NFL, nothing more.

 

Yes, I fully believe that a guy like Justin Herbert or Jalen Hurts would come in and do much better than JB has with this set of weapons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shastamasta said:

 

Luck had an aging Reggie, a gaggle of rookies (Hilton, Allen, Fleener and Ballard), a crap run game and a crap OL.

 

This next QB will have TY, Campbell, a very strong run game and an elite OL. He can grow and develop with other young guys they bring in.

There is one problem. Guys like Luck don’t grow on trees. I doubt there is anyone out there like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

 

Luck had an aging Reggie, a gaggle of rookies (Hilton, Allen, Fleener and Ballard), a crap run game and a crap OL.

 

This next QB will have TY, Campbell, a very strong run game and an elite OL. He can grow and develop with other young guys they bring in.

This. 

 

Whoever they draft in 2020, and they are most definitely taking someone, will be in a position to succeed out of the gate. JB just isn't that dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

There is one problem. Guys like Luck don’t grow on trees. I doubt there is anyone out there like that.

They don't have to be Luck, they just have to better than Jacoby Brissett, with the potential to lead the team to a SB. There are several guys in the 2020 draft that fit that description. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Bowen had a good take on his podcast this morning. He mentioned how Jacoby did have a vertical game in 2017. He thinks Reich has pounded into his head to many things and it’s part of the problem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

They don't have to be Luck, they just have to better than Jacoby Brissett, with the potential to lead the team to a SB. There are several guys in the 2020 draft that fit that description. 

I don’t think a rookie is going to come in and lead this team to a SB in a couple years. That sets us back a few years.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh has one they just added that they may trade to us when JuJu comes back.

 

Too soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think a rookie is going to come in and lead this team to a SB in a couple years. That sets us back a few years.

So you think Jacoby Brissett is gonna win a SB? That's what you're saying if you don't think we should go another direction, attempt to draft and develop a guy with the eventual potential to win a SB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

So you think Jacoby Brissett is gonna win a SB? That's what you're saying if you don't think we should go another direction, attempt to draft and develop a guy with the eventual potential to win a SB. 

That isn’t what I said. I said get players healthy and get him more weapons and then make a judgement. This persons tweet is why you have to be careful.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Kevin Bowen had a good take on his podcast this morning. He mentioned how Jacoby did have a vertical game in 2017. He thinks Reich has pounded into his head to many things and it’s part of the problem. 

 

As pointed out before  (but of course you ignore anything factual that doesn't fit in with your reality) this is false. He ranked 29th out of QBs for Average Intended Air Yards at 7.6 yards. At least he did try some shots now and then, but it's not a vertical passing game as you make out. 


Even worse this year...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That isn’t what I said. I said get players healthy and get him more weapons and then make a judgement. This persons tweet is why you have to be careful.

 

 

 

So we should take a Tweet by a random guy with more weight over lots of empirical evidence. Cool beans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

As pointed out before this is false. He ranked 29th out of QBs for Average Intended Air Yards at 7.6 yards. At least he did try some shots now and then, but it's not a vertical passing game as you make out. 


Even worse this year...

I think he was just saying he did take shots. There is nothing there this year. 

 

Just a question if TY catches both those balls would we still be having this conversation today.

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

So we should take a Tweet by a random guy with more weight over lots of empirical evidence. Cool beans. 

I posted it because I agree with it. Nothing more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think he was just saying he did take shots. There is nothing there this year. 

 

Just a question if TY catches both those balls would we still be having this conversation today.

 

Again false, there have been receivers downfield open, he's just not pulled the trigger for whatever reason.

 

And no, it's the same conversation because it's not about two throws. It's about the continued trend of play which is starting to show signs of regression, not improvement. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That isn’t what I said. I said get players healthy and get him more weapons and then make a judgement. This persons tweet is why you have to be careful.

 

 

Did you actually watch the video from The Herd? Because it basically proves my point, every division leader in football has a franchise QB. That's not a coincidence. We have a backup, and it shows, we will never win this division, or a playoff game, with JB playing quarterback. I see that, and Chris Ballard saw it before any of us did, probably before the year started because he's had his scouts watching guy like Burrow, Love, Herbert, and Eason ALL YEAR LONG. There's no doubt he's gonna take the QB of the future, the real question is who, and are they gonna move up to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Did you actually watch the video from The Herd? Because it basically proves my point, every division leader in football has a franchise QB. That's not a coincidence. We have a backup, and it shows, we will never win this division, or a playoff game, with JB playing quarterback. I see that, and Chris Ballard saw it before any of us did, probably before the year started because he's had his scouts watching guy like Burrow, Love, Herbert, and Eason ALL YEAR LONG. There's no doubt he's gonna take the QB of the future, the real question is who, and are they gonna move up to do it. 

 

When Colin Cowherd talked up Andrew Luck... :thmup::thmup::thmup::thmup:

 

When he criticises Brissett... :flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reich and Ballard love JB.  They will not trade up to get a QB and put JB on the bench.  The team loves him as well.  I do not think they would do that to him.  They might draft one in a later round to develop behind him though.  They are more likely to get JB another quality receiver.  They have the cap space and picks to trade for one and I can see them drafting one as well as most rookies will take a few years to develop.  Unless Luck gets itchy and comes out of retirement I think JB is our starter for the next few years at a minimum.  When you consider all of the circumstances surrounding the offense it certainly doesn't warrant a benching of the QB.  I think when they do their year end assessment that is what they are going to conclude.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Reich and Ballard love JB.  They will not trade up to get a QB and put JB on the bench.  The team loves him as well.  I do not think they would do that to him.  They might draft one in a later round to develop behind him though.  They are more likely to get JB another quality receiver.  They have the cap space and picks to trade for one and I can see them drafting one as well as most rookies will take a few years to develop.  Unless Luck gets itchy and comes out of retirement I think JB is our starter for the next few years at a minimum.  When you consider all of the circumstances surrounding the offense it certainly doesn't warrant a benching of the QB.  I think when they do their year end assessment that is what they are going to conclude.  

 

No one has said bench him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...