Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts passing game is a joke

BProland85

3 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

How many game managements got super bowl rings vs stats QBs , Rodgers , brees , Etc... we lost a game not the end of the world Texans a good football team they beat us tonight it is what it is 

except they arent that good they have one of the worst pass Ds in the league. 

1 minute ago, colt18 said:

When did I give the QB a pass? Maybe you should learn to read. 

your the one complaining about drops lol

15 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

And we have been in every game this is his first year starting give him a break , I rather him take care of football and give us chance to win 

Exactly.  Most of our previous QBs looked great gunslinging themselves out of a hole they dug by first gunslinging interceptions.

The team is being built differently, IMO.  I doubt that we will spend a lot of capital to get a gunslinging 1st round QB any time soon.  The point is to be in games at the end.  Not to be an offensive showpiece.

Yet, we can do better if we had better players, IMO.

Last night, what player on the offense is the result of the highest capital investment by Ballard?

Nelson, a G.  Then Smith, a G/T.

Next is JB, a 3rd rounder.  Then there's Doyle, who is a checkdown TE who was a UDFA who earned a decent contract. 

Who were the playmakers?

Ebron, with "only" a $5MM compensation level.  Then scrubs.

That's why the offense looks the way it does.  Its unfair to lay it all off on JB.  

If you want to go all in on trying to get the next Andrew Luck, we could move up to take the next college sensation.  What's his name ?  Is it Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, or Josh Rosen? (scarcasm)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

More nonsense...you just want to pile on Brissett unreasonably. He threw bad passes and our receivers were dropping them. They can both be true.

Your gonna lose games it happens , would Jacoby like to have some throws back sure would ty like to have some of them catches again yea , 

Just now, colt18 said:

More nonsense...you just want to pile on Brissett unreasonably. He threw bad passes and our receivers were dropping them. They can both be true.

your stupid statement is that as long as it hits fingertips it's a drop when that is just ignorant. you lose move on little buddy 

your stupid statement is that as long as it hits fingertips it's a drop when that is just ignorant. you lose move on little buddy 

Except it hit his hands, and like anyone who played football themselves would tell you, if it hits your hands you can catch it.

Feel free to be an * somewhere else.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Exactly.  Most of our previous QBs looked great gunslinging themselves out of a hole they dug by first gunslinging interceptions.

The team is being built differently, IMO.  I doubt that we will spend a lot of capital to get a gunslinging 1st round QB any time soon.  The point is to be in games at the end.  Not to be an offensive showpiece.

Yet, we can do better if we had better players, IMO.

Last night, what player on the offense is the result of the highest capital investment by Ballard?

Nelson, a G. 

Next is JB, a 3rd rounder.  Then maybe Ebron, with "only" a $5MM compensation level.

That's whay the offense looks the way it does.  Its unfair to lay it all off on JB.  

If you want to go all in on trying to get the next Andrew Luck, we could move up to take the next college sensation.  What's his name ?  Is it Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, or Josh Rosen? (scarcasm)

Exactly people care more about looking good than actually winning games , I bet if jacoby threw 4td 2 int 400 yards and we lost by 20 people wouldnt care , but the fact is we had a chance to win the game we took care of the football but came up short of not for Adam and Hoyer having to play we would realistically be looking at 1 or to loses right now. That being said we are what we are a 6-5 football team. But we are close we have a lot of young guys getting better by the day out best player in TY was hobbled and second best player Mack was out , ebron is to inconsistent we need to move on from him tbh I rather Doyle get more snaps 

5 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Your gonna lose games it happens , would Jacoby like to have some throws back sure would ty like to have some of them catches again yea , 

we dont just lose games we struggle to win and we lose to average and terrible teams. JB struggles almost every week its become a problem 

1 minute ago, colt18 said:

Except it hit his hands, and like anyone who played football themselves would tell you, if it hits your hands you can catch it.

Feel free to be an * somewhere else.

dear god it all depends on the circumstances. if JB throws a % pass 5 yards off target but the WR dives for it just trying to make a play that really isnt on the WR it would 100% be JBs fault. 

11 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Deshaun Watson is what you want, he's a playmaker. Brissett looks lost out there, how do you not throw for 200 at least against this secondary? Not a single TD? 

Yes, maybe Brissett isn’t our future but I believe in our front office to find that guy in time. Im glad we have him since our Franchise QB did what he did. I understand what you are saying about the type of player Watson is, but I think he is overrated. I’ve even heard he was in the top 3 QBs in the league, and I totally disagree. He hit Hopkins on a blown coverage, and again Hopkins on a bump and run with no help over the top. He should have thrown 3 INTs last night and a fumble at the end. He has the best duo WR’s in the game, obviously his o-line is better since we couldn’t be to him. 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

we dont just lose games we struggle to win and we lose to average and terrible teams. JB struggles almost every week its become a problem 

You knew what type of football team we was since week one a running football team that relies on a good o line ,that plays solid defense , limits turn overs and penalties to win the game. You knew we was not gonna be a offensive power house scoring 30+ a game we have a new inexperienced Qb etc... so this is who I knew we would be except I didn’t expect Vinny to cost us 2-3 games and hoyer costing us 2 

5 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Exactly people care more about looking good than actually winning games , I bet if jacoby threw 4td 2 int 400 yards and we lost by 20 people wouldnt care , but the fact is we had a chance to win the game we took care of the football but came up short of not for Adam and Hoyer having to play we would realistically be looking at 1 or to loses right now. That being said we are what we are a 6-5 football team. But we are close we have a lot of young guys getting better by the day out best player in TY was hobbled and second best player Mack was out , ebron is to inconsistent we need to move on from him tbh I rather Doyle get more snaps 

Hoyers performance was terrible precisely because he threw picks and his completion percentage was poor.  Its not because of the lack of yardage.

We are 6 and 3 with JB.  We were 8 and 8 with an 85% Luck for a couple of years.  

We need improvement in other areas before we need to think about trying to find the next Luck.  JMO.  We need a better team anyway.  Its not good enough to do much in the playoffs even with a 100% Luck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

You knew what type of football team we was since week one a running football team that relies on a good o line ,that plays solid defense , limits turn overs and penalties to win the game. You knew we was not gonna be a offensive power house scoring 30+ a game we have a new inexperienced Qb etc... so this is who I knew we would be except I didn’t expect Vinny to cost us 2-3 games and hoyer costing us 2 

I wouldn't call Brissett inexperienced.  He's a good, not great, QB.  The way this team is constructed, an MVP quality QB is needed.  When Luck bailed you had to figure that this is what the team would be.  

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Hoyers performance was terrible precisely because he threw picks and his completion percentage was poor.  Its not because of the lack of yardage.

We are 6 and 3 with JB.  We were 8 and 8 with an 85% Luck for a couple of years.  

We need improvement in other areas before we need to think about trying to find the next Luck.  JMO.  We need a better team anyway.  Its not good enough to do much in the playoffs even with a 100% Luck.

Yup people act like our Franchise QB didn’t retire , jacoby has done a good job even Tom Brady the GOAT hasn’t set the world on fire at all this year it has been all defense with the pats , fans need to give him some time 

3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I wouldn't call Brissett inexperienced.  He's a good, not great, QB.  The way this team is constructed, an MVP quality QB is needed.  When Luck bailed you had to figure that this is what the team would be.  

We don’t need MVP qb we need Te with consistent hand (not ebron) better receiving deep threat or big body wr , some better corner back play and we will be fine , 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Sorta seems like he's blaming Jacoby a little bit here.  The big plays he speaks of here could most likely only come from the QB.

He's blaming JB and rightfully so for not executing better (missing open guys), but he also needs to take a look in the mirror and ask why he went the opposite direction of the game one game plan.

1 minute ago, jbaron04 said:

focusing on the run doesn't mean you get to just abandon the passing game. we still need to be able to do something if a teams shuts down our run game we haven't really shown we can do that with JB and his 4 yard passes every week.

Just now, krunk said:

To me we sort of kept the Texans in the game with all that running. If we threw it just a tad bit more I'm sure we put up more points.

We kept the Texans offense off the field with all of that running. If we had given JB more chances to throw, would he have magically become more efficient with 5 or 10 more attempts? I strongly doubt it. The game plan was fine. The execution by the QB and pass catchers was the issue. 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

focusing on the run doesn't mean you get to just abandon the passing game. we still need to be able to do something if a teams shuts down our run game we haven't really shown we can do that with JB and his 4 yard passes every week.

You our right we need more weapons on offense , Hilton is hobbled , Mack is out , ebron is inconsistent and the other wideouts don’t put no fear in anyone heart , Doyle is Doyle do everything type player  

This off season Ballard should make a bold move and trade for a receiver like Julio Jones before BB does.   A proven threat like Jones or another proven WR would really turn this offense around.  It takes too long for WRs to develop and Ballards luck drafting WRs so far has been underwhelming to be kind.  This team is not that far away.  The defense is really coming on.  A better kicker is on the horizon.  We need a playmaker at WR.  Trading for one is the surest way of getting one.  BB knows it and does it all the time.  This off season Ballard has the draft capital and cap space to make a move.  Reich said it after the game.  "We lacked big plays on offense."  That says we need another big time playmaker on offense.  One will not get it done.  

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Good luck finding  an upgrade where we will be drafting. 

This point would have stood on it's own just saying "good luck finding an upgrade". There's no guarantees.  Where the Colts will be drafting, given the miss rate on high picks at QB matters less than accurately assessing the players. I'm warming to the idea of using some draft capital to secure Tua if he's not going to be a top of the draft guy due to injury.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's blaming JB and rightfully so for not executing better (missing open guys), but he also needs to take a look in the mirror and ask why he went the opposite direction of the game one game plan.

He said they played way more zone than they anticipated.  He said that was okay though because they have plays in place to beat zone as well.  Said they were taking away everything deep and giving up the underneath stuff.  Even if that's true there are still ways to move the chains through the air and we just seemed content to just sit and pound the football all night long.  I'm not even sure if Rex Ryan would have stayed with the run that damn long like we did last night

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So upgrade several positions, instead of just one?

MVP qb don’t grow on trees it’s easier to have a good qb who takes care of football and surround him with great team than trying to fine MVP qb with nothing around him look at the luck era we was no better of with the MVP qb let’s build a great all around solid team and I think we will win a lot of games 

MVP qb don’t grow on trees it’s easier to have a good qb who takes care of football and surround him with great team than trying to fine MVP qb with nothing around him look at the luck era we was no better of with the MVP qb let’s build a great all around solid team and I think we will win a lot of games 

just because he takes care of the ball doesn't make him a good QB

• Thanks 2

just because he takes care of the ball doesn't make him a good QB

What is good to you someone who put stats up or someone who wins ? Jacoby has played winning football for us and if not for Adam would be 8-2 this season at least 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

He said they played way more zone than they anticipated.  He said that was okay though because they have plays in place to beat zone as well.  Said they were taking away everything deep and giving up the underneath stuff.  Even if that's true there are still ways to move the chains through the air and we just seemed content to just sit and pound the football all night long.  I'm not even sure if Rex Ryan would have stayed with the run that damn long like we did last night

short and intermediate middle was open all night. 

and yup.... zone or man, no excuse. 

and honestly it's not even all about staying with the run. it was the mix, and situational calls. 

check out @Superman post if you have time.

What is good to you someone who put stats up or someone who wins ? Jacoby has played winning football for us and if not for Adam would be 8-2 this season at least 

thankfully we have a cupcake schedule yet we still are struggling. a good QB is someone that isnt totally screwed when you take away the run game someone that can throw his WRs open and not have to rely on them being wide open to compete a pass