Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REFS CALL IT THE SAME

mirobi48

23 hours ago, Numba1Colt said:

while Texans lineman basically give up and flail their arms away from the guy blocking them and fall to the ground and oh look... a little yellow flag

you don't get 16 legit and fair NFL games a season... especially if you are a small market team

Watson, Hopkins... those are some nice names to have in the playoffs. Also nice for those of us who can now bet our money against them in the playoffs and watch some team run them over and make some easy extra cash. Can't wait. 

they call that flopping in basketball

On 11/21/2019 at 11:29 PM, bluebombers87 said:

It’s one thing if they reviewed it and came up with that. To not even review a clear fumble is garbage

Thumbs up!

On 11/21/2019 at 11:32 PM, Mr.Debonair said:

Poor cover up.  If this was true, then there should never be another play that needs 3 minutes to decide if there was a fumble or not.  Ever. Evidently the crew and NY can make that decision right away and let the teams run the next play unabated.  Precedent set. Right Al? {groan}

Pathetic excuse. NFL officials have gone beyond their typical poor performance this year, including Al and his boys in New York.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:33 PM, NannyMcafee said:

They sure decided that fast. They even knew people were * about it. Games over for 15 minutes and they release this. 

They knew they blew it, so tried to deflect immediately and wipe their hands. Very disappointed.  Do your jobs better NFL officiating!

On 11/21/2019 at 11:43 PM, Dark_Indy said:

I wont disagree about the timeout. We should have been ready to go faster. 

If they weren't ready, then just take the delay penalty, punt and flip the field position. Save the T.O.

There were a few things in the game where if you point to one call being made right, the Colts walk out with a W. 

Either way, another week and another game that leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the NFL. 

True.  Then again, in games like this, the 'better' QB can make the difference.  Watson connecting on a couple bombs where JB didn't was the difference.  FR and the Colts O need to address that.

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2019 at 11:42 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Frank said in his post game presser the officials told him it was being reviewed during the timeout in New York.  

Yup-

"Because the clock was under two minutes, all reviews at that point of the game come from the replay booth.

Houston actually took a timeout, which helped prolong a possible review, but Frank Reich said the officials told him that the league office had taken another look at the play and decided there was no clear recovery by Leonard.

Thus, even without head referee Ronald Torbert announcing it inside the stadium, the Texans maintained possession, which was the initial call on the field.

“I didn’t see the review,” Reich explained after the game. “They didn’t show it on the scoreboard. I’m not sure why."

But they showed it in our coaches’ box. I was trying to get them to review it. But the officials on the sideline told me it was being reviewed. "

[[ Me- it was NOT being reviewed!  Texans actually snapped the ball for the next play, but Bill O'Brien called a time out at the snap (not the booth or New York!!) This was play blown dead because BoB called a T.O., not New York.  It was a fumble that should have been reviewed by every camera angle. Instead, NFL officiating fumbled. ]]

WVY6ljB.jpg

"Then the Texans called timeout so that gave them in New York even more time to review it."

Frank knows they weren't reviewing it!  They get the head ref  a headset and a MS Surface Pro to watch and discuss.  This didn't ever happen. Before or after the time out. :(

"So obviously they saw it and didn’t think it was a fumble.”

Exactly, they never even saw the fumble. Frank knows. The Texans were about to run the next play, and the officials let them until BoB called the T.O.  which was only a 30 second timeout!  No review gets done in a such a short time.  The NFL blew it, need to do better, but likely won't.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yup-

"Because the clock was under two minutes, all reviews at that point of the game come from the replay booth.

Houston actually took a timeout, which helped prolong a possible review, but Frank Reich said the officials told him that the league office had taken another look at the play and decided there was no clear recovery by Leonard.

Thus, even without head referee Ronald Torbert announcing it inside the stadium, the Texans maintained possession, which was the initial call on the field.

“I didn’t see the review,” Reich explained after the game. “They didn’t show it on the scoreboard. I’m not sure why."

But they showed it in our coaches’ box. I was trying to get them to review it. But the officials on the sideline told me it was being reviewed. "

[[ Me- it was NOT being reviewed!  Texans actually snapped the ball for the next play, but Bill O'Brien called a time out at the snap (not the booth or New York!!) This was play blown dead because BoB called a T.O., not New York.  It was a fumble that should have been reviewed by every camera angle. Instead, NFL officiating fumbled. ]]

WVY6ljB.jpg

"Then the Texans called timeout so that gave them in New York even more time to review it."

Frank knows they weren't reviewing it!  They get the head ref  a headset and a MS Surface Pro to watch and discuss.  This didn't ever happen. Before or after the time out. :(

"So obviously they saw it and didn’t think it was a fumble.”

Exactly, they never even saw the fumble. Frank knows. The Texans were about to run the next play, and the officials let them until BoB called the T.O.  which was only a 30 second timeout!  No review gets done in a such a short time.  The NFL blew it, need to do better, but likely won't.

The REFS are taking the fun out of the game. I can list at least 4 plays that were really bad that went against and can't even be disputed:

1. This one you are talking about

2. Sheard getting clearly held on Watson's TD pass to Hopkins (no call)

3. The holding call on Glowinski when JB gained 17 yards, that was horrible.

4. Helmet to helmet on JB wasn't called and JB looked dizzy after that play.

The officiating has been bad in every game I have watched this season whether or not it is a Colts game.   The "late hits" have been annoying because they are huge 15 yards penalties.   Very subjective too.  

The pass interference replay decisions are bad.   I understand why they are overturning so few of them.  It's a can of worms that they don't want to open.  There is PI on almost every catch/no catch.  It's even more prevalent that holding on every play.