Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REFS CALL IT THE SAME

mirobi48

2 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Hate to see games decided because of no-calls. 

That, and the fumble that leonard forced on Watson near the end of the game that they refused to even look at.

Oh well. 

This.

How people would rather talk about JB being rusty and TY probably shouldn’t be playing but don’t talk about this. Was it explained on the telecast?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

This.

How people would rather talk about JB being rusty and TY probably shouldn’t be playing but don’t talk about this. Was it explained on the telecast?

Nope. Just a non-reviewed play. The way this stuff is going in the NFL lately, it's making it really hard to justify watching games. In the past I would have 5-6 fantasy teams and watch every game I could, now I'm down to just watching Colts games and it's getting tough to even do that with the quality of the product the NFL is putting out. 

Also, the helmet hit on Jacoby in the first quarter *after* he started his slide didnt get called and ended another drive.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Hate to see games decided because of no-calls. 

That, and the fumble that leonard forced on Watson near the end of the game that they refused to even look at.

Oh well. 

This made no sense to me.  It was very clearly a fumble, but there was no review, even after the Texans took a timeout, giving everyone more time to watch the replay

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

This.

All they said was it's clearly a fumble, but very difficult to find conclusive evidence that the Colts recovered it (even though it seemed pretty easy to see that Leonard recovered), so I'm assuming that's what they booth must have thought as well?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

All they said was it's clearly a fumble, but very difficult to find conclusive evidence that the Colts recovered it (even though it seemed pretty easy to see that Leonard recovered), so I'm assuming that's what they booth must have thought as well?

It’s one thing if they reviewed it and came up with that. To not even review a clear fumble is garbage

• Like 2

This made no sense to me.  It was very clearly a fumble, but there was no review, even after the Texans took a timeout, giving everyone more time to watch the replay

I have a feeling that the NFL just wants to see the Texans win, and they will do what they can to make sure they do. Watson is the new shining face of the NFL and in a larger market team. 

• Like 1

Reich was bad.  The 4th and 7 decision was brutal, and he was way too insistent on running the ball.  At one point, I think we had an 11 play drive that included 10 runs.

Eh. I can live with the 4th and 7 call. This is how the Colts play football now. We live and die by the coin flip of close games. Jacoby doesnt get spun around on the run and hes got a first down and Reich's a genius. 

Besides, like Troy said, it's the same as a punt in that situation, because your defense still has to stop the texans. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Jeez. We lost by three. 

You make it sound like we lost by thirty three.

No didn’t.  

Frank was awful tonight.

he was too predictable on offense, he called the same first down play all night long even when it was clear the Texans were sitting on it and stopping it.  

He finally got aggressive and called a deep pass on a third and four.

They were too indecisive on the fourth down call and had to burn a costly time out.  

It doesn’t mean they lost by 31 but Frank was bad tonight and that was difference in the game.  

Reich was bad.  The 4th and 7 decision was brutal, and he was way too insistent on running the ball.  At one point, I think we had an 11 play drive that included 10 runs.

Agree with this. Also, I was ASTOUNDED at the first down running attempts!

I think that you have to be thinking it's four-down territory. THIRD down call was weak, and made fourth down yardage (seven?) longer than it needed to be. 

We had been using Hynes/Williams effectively in delays/underneath crossing route. Wondering why they didn't use them in that situation.

Overall a very disappointing effort by the coaching staff. Really thought we'd open things up and the opposite was true...

6 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Eh. I can live with the 4th and 7 call. This is how the Colts play football now. We live and die by the coin flip of close games. Jacoby doesnt get spun around on the run and hes got a first down and Reich's a genius. 

Besides, like Troy said, it's the same as a punt in that situation, because your defense still has to stop the texans. 

I disagree.  Yes, your defense needs to stop them, but if you go for the punt right away, you don't end up wasting a timeout.  Let's say you pin them deep and get a sack or TFL.  It's a completely different scenario at that point than wasting a timeout and giving them the ball near midfield

Also....

This is a pathetic excuse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mirobi48 said:

Colts De got taken to ground and no flag and TD texans. look at replay

while Texans lineman basically give up and flail their arms away from the guy blocking them and fall to the ground and oh look... a little yellow flag

you don't get 16 legit and fair NFL games a season... especially if you are a small market team

Watson, Hopkins... those are some nice names to have in the playoffs. Also nice for those of us who can now bet our money against them in the playoffs and watch some team run them over and make some easy extra cash. Can't wait. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I disagree.  Yes, your defense needs to stop them, but if you go for the punt right away, you don't end up wasting a timeout.  Let's say you pin them deep and get a sack or TFL.  It's a completely different scenario at that point than wasting a timeout and giving them the ball near midfield

Also....

This is a pathetic excuse

It's an outright lie. There was clear visual evidence of the recovery.

• Like 4

I wont disagree about the timeout. We should have been ready to go faster. 

There were a few things in the game where if you point to one call being made right, the Colts walk out with a W. 

Either way, another week and another game that leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the NFL. 

• Like 1

The game was lost when Hooker had a brain fart and let Hopkins walk unmolested into the end zone for their first TD. Other than that we played a great game. The D played well enough to win and we ran the ball down their throats. I keep telling my wife I don't know how anyone leaves Hopkins open?

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Besides at least two hits to the head that weren’t called. 
  Oh well, they’re still not out of the playoff picture. Houston has got some pretty tough games ahead and the Colts can get healthy.

Honestly outside of the Saints game the Colts schedule down the stretch is pretty manageable.  

The down side is is so is the Texans outside of the Pats,  they get the Titans twice, the Bucs and Broncos in their other games.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Honestly outside of the Saints game the Colts schedule down the stretch is pretty manageable.  

The down side is is so is the Texans outside of the Pats,  they get the Titans twice, the Bucs and Broncos in their other games.

Lol we lost to dolphins and we tend to play to the level of opponent so not too sure

10 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Wow. That tweet from NFL Officiating is an absolute lie. Total lie. Unbelievable.

The refs influence and make certain some games end the way they are supposed to when things go awry late.

If the Colts got within FG range late and still had time to get a TD the holding calls would've started back up for the Colts as Texan linemen flop like fish to the ground with their arms out 

• Like 1