Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. i’m rather surprised by the negativity. we havent played well and we’re right in there in a hostile environment against a really good team.   We’re in great shape for the 2nd half.

Gonna ignore the tackle by the helmet on the pick? #playersafety

To my eyes, neither of the last two holding calls on Kelly and Glowinski were legit. Kelly just fell on the DL who was going diving. Glowinski barely touched on the call against him.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

They r getting torched but they  have only given up 20 points.  U take the good with the bad.

Yeah, we really aren't getting torched. We have played very well tonight. Houston has essentially 4 or 5 big chunk plays. It is what it is. We usually do a great job limiting those. They've made those plays tonight. 

• Nadine locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah but... you still need athletes that can mix it up a little too. At some point it does kind of become about personnel. If you draft and sign for scheme fit, you get what you get and hope for a plus in other areas so you can throw in some different looks. At least they are honest about it. At least they don't have Mike Shanahan trying to put square pegs in round holes.
    • LOL. This is one of the guys I mentioned that I might have taken at 54.  Really wish they would have traded up a couple spots in the 2nd to get one of two guys. Love Dayo, but he's like a present you get this year, but can't open till next year. Really hope Fisher recovers fast and works out. I'm expecting the average though.
    • His Injury/repair was December 5th.  (Almost 2 months earlier than Fisher)  He got 1 catch for 5 yards in a pre-season game (where they don't play the whole game) about 8 1/2 months later (August 19), or 257 days.  Fisher would have to make his first game appearance on about October 17, 2021 to be comparable.  It seems many teams are accelerating rehab on players that had limited or mini-open repair Technique.  And things don't always work the same for every player.   Take Sidney Jones. For example. He tore his Achilles at his pro day in 2017. He fell from a certain first round pick to the Eagles in the second round at #43.  Jones also had the new tech mini-open Achilles repair performed by Dr. R. Anderson on March 21, 2017 which is just a couple months shy of his 21st birthday.    https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/261854/new-advances-in-achilles-treatment-encouraging-for-sidney-jones-nfl-players   He did not get activated onto the Eagles active 53 roster until December 30, 2017, the Eagles final regular season game. (It was just slightly more than 9 months in recovery). He was not active for any post season play (Super Bowl season) that year.   He was waived by the Eagles a couple years later, and has suffered hamstring and Achilles injuries with the Jags since.   Here was his 'talk' and buzz after his surgery-   Sidney Jones said he’s certain he’ll play in 2017 — and play like the first-round pick he believes he still deserves to be. “I’m the best corner in the draft, plain and simple,” Jones told USA TODAY Sports. “Don’t look at the possibility of me not playing this first year....  ... I can play basically right when the season starts." Ummm, no. I'm sorry, he did not. He was only 20-21 years old, and also had the 'latest' improvements in surgical technique for Achilles repair. It was just 3-4 years ago.   You can't make a comp based upon just one other person, otherwise Terrell Suggs would be the target and not the outlier.     Some don't assume the worst, but they are aware of the averages.  
    • If TL works out, the sky is the limit for that O. 3 very good WRs, now they have a star RB who can run and catch. If Walker Little is a hit, the OL will be much improved as the season progresses. They need help at TE. Not sure Tebow is the answer lol.    The D still needs help, but they've got some good pieces and a lot of the rooks from last year should take a nice jump. They added two nice DBs this draft too.   Jags were also hit hard by injury last year. Top 5 in man games lost. In short, things could click very well for them as the season progresses.   Texans fell apart in several areas last season. Not sure they will fall apart again like last year. But yes, maybe 8 is high. They should trade Watson and start over IMO.
  • Members

• Dogg63

Dogg63 2,226

• shasta519

shasta519 3,077

• HOZER

HOZER 3,773

• DougDew

DougDew 2,771

• Wentzszn

Wentzszn 10,489

• AustinnKaine